Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    What would you guys give up for John ross to add some speed. I like Mooney but ross has top off type speed? he would probably be really cheap too.

Side note.... Andy Dalton sucks.
    Mooney has that type of speed too; but Ross is even faster. Id give up a conditional 7th for him, maybe 6th?
    Funny thing. Jimmy greham has already done more than anyone did last year in the TE room for us in 6 games.
    Love what he's been doing! Funny he's still impactful at this speed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Joe Thuney would be awesome. Even as a guy they extend if they acquire.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I think this might be a good experiment

You can only have 1 for sure moving forward with this season and magically fix it. This may result in others occuring as well but not for sure.

A) The Average Running Game
    Bears Rush for 120 YPG rest of season (would put them 15th and 30 YPG greater... up from 28th)

B) The Average Passing Game
    Bears QBs pass for 250 YPG rest of season (Put them 15th and up 30 YPG ... up from 23rd )

C) Longer Drives
    Bears start Converting 3rds at a 45% completion % (up 9% and would put us af 14th... up from 27th)

D) Elite Defense
    Bears start getting breaks on D and in the turnover Department (Resulting in 1.5 as many turnovers as we have in the first 6 games. so instead of 8 and 13th we would be at 12 and tied for 1st) ( btw we have had more than 4 take away at this point)

E) The Stable Offense
    Bears improve to 26 PPG remainder of the season (Would move them up 4.5 points per game and up to 18th in the nfl)

Week 6: Chicago Bears (4-1) at Cam-less Panthers (3-2), 10/18 at 12:00 Central (FOX)

Last edited by Stunner; 10-20-2020 at 10:05 AM.

I think this might be a good experiment

You can only have 1 for sure moving forward with this season and magically fix it. This may result in others occuring as well but not for sure.

A) The Average Running Game
    Bears Rush for 120 YPG rest of season (would put them 15th and 30 YPG greater... up from 28th)

B) The Average Passing Game
    Bears QBs pass for 250 YPG rest of season (Put them 15th and up 30 YPG ... up from 23rd )

C) Longer Drives
    Bears start Converting 3rds at a 45% completion % (up 9% and would put us af 14th... up from 27th)

D) Elite Defense
    Bears start getting breaks on D and in the turnover Department (Resulting in 1.5 as many turnovers as we have in the first 6 games. so instead of 8 and 13th we would be at 12 and tied for 1st) ( btw we have had more than 4 take away at this point)

E) The Stable Offense
    Bears improve to 26 PPG remainder of the season (Would move them up 4.5 points per game and up to 18th in the nfl)
    26 ppg

Click here to register!

Donít want to be a downer but I donít think the outsider comments are too far off base. Bears have an elite defense for sure. Although, they have a major vulnerability up the middle. Offensively, itís one of the uglier offenses in the NFL. They canít run it, they donít push the ball downfield, and it seems every score is pulling teeth. They still donít have an identity on offense, which was the big focus all off season. Could get better....might not.

As it stands now, they lose in the playoffs against a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Donít want to be a downer but I donít think the outsider comments are too far off base. Bears have an elite defense for sure. Although, they have a major vulnerability up the middle. Offensively, itís one of the uglier offenses in the NFL. They canít run it, they donít push the ball downfield, and it seems every score is pulling teeth. They still donít have an identity on offense, which was the big focus all off season. Could get better....might not.

Offense has been ugly but luckily its early in the season.

If nothing changes, we can win- or lose- any game. Nothing feels like a sure thing haha.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Offense has been ugly but luckily its early in the season.

If nothing changes, we can win- or lose- any game. Nothing feels like a sure thing haha.

Thatís true. Iíve just been hearing about how close the offense is and theyíre going to get it right for 3 years so itís kind of tough to hold out hope it improves. But I agree, it does seem about 50/50 every game but the defense has to play out of their mind to get it done. Unfortunately, thereís just better constructed, more talented, and better coached teams so unless the offense takes a big step, def still view this team as a pretender

It sucks that having any kind of, for lack of a better term, "optimism" makes you come across as a homer in sports. It's so easy to identify the weaknesses on our own team, but blinders can go both ways when you don't acknowledge the weaknesses on other teams. I think the only NFC team right now I'd say I expect the Bears not to have much a chance against is Seattle. Other than that, not like we didn't beat Tampa (aka a playoff team), who just crushed GB, right?

The Bears aren't an amazing team, but there's not a lot of amazing teams they're competing against either.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-20-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It sucks that having any kind of optimism makes you come across as a homer in sports. It's so easy to identify the weaknesses on our own team, but blinders can go both ways when you don't acknowledge the weaknesses on other teams. I think the only NFC team right now I'd say I expect the Bears not to have much a chance against is Seattle. Other than that, not like we didn't beat Tampa (aka a playoff team), who just crushed GB, right?

The Bears aren't an amazing team, but there's not a lot of amazing teams they're competing against either.
    Iím not calling anyone a homer but the bears donít look like a Super Bowl team to me. I think theyíll keep it interesting but the offense has to take a sizeable step.

I also donít buy into the NFL math that the bears beat TB, and the bucs just crushed GB....ultimately I think itís meaningless.

Ultimately, if the bears canít fix the run game and attack downfield, I think itís just too much to overcome and too easy to game plan against in the playoffs.

I have always been a big Fuller fan, but to say he is playing at a DPOY level is ludicrous. So far he has NOT had to play against three of the opponents #1 WRs in his matchups - Golloday, Julio, Godwin. Plus, NYG have a weak WR position. That is 4 out of 6 opponents with weak or diminished WR groups. He should look good under those circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iím not calling anyone a homer but the bears donít look like a Super Bowl team to me. I think theyíll keep it interesting but the offense has to take a sizeable step.

I also donít buy into the NFL math that the bears beat TB, and the bucs just crushed GB....ultimately I think itís meaningless.

Ultimately, if the bears canít fix the run game and attack downfield, I think itís just too much to overcome and too easy to game plan against in the playoffs.
    Almost nobody in the NFC looks like a Super Bowl team except maybe Seattle. But their defense is also ***.

And it IS meaningless. The point isn't "we beat the Bucs, so we'll beat GB" it's that "we beat the Bucs, so there's no reason we CANNOT beat GB" it doesn't mean it will happen, just that it wouldn't be some absurd upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Almost nobody in the NFC looks like a Super Bowl team except maybe Seattle. But their defense is also ***.

And it IS meaningless. The point isn't "we beat the Bucs, so we'll beat GB" it's that "we beat the Bucs, so there's no reason we CANNOT beat GB" it doesn't mean it will happen, just that it wouldn't be some absurd upset.
    Exactly. It's also another case of moving the goalposts. He ended his first post saying if we play a good team, we'll lose. Well, we just beat a good playoff contending team. I don't think it's such a long-shot in this conference that if the Bears get hot they can make a run in the playoffs. Do I expect it to happen? No, but I don't think the Bears are all that much worse, if at all, than most teams who they'll be competing against.

The bigger thing I think TB crushing GB like they did shows is that they are a good team. A good team that we in fact, beat. Not saying we should expect to beat them every time or even most of the time, but clearly just "good playoff teams" aren't just out of our league.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-20-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast