Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Sure feels like you're changing your stance a lot. You like him, but you started off the conversation by saying we should fire him if we finish 10-6 or less. Makes sense.
    I have to admit youíre right I do change my stance on him lol. Sometimes I feel so lucky heís our coach and other times I throw my white owls at the TV. Iím cautiously optimistic.

But I tie his future to Pace, if Pace is gone a new guy deserves the chance to find his own coach and this organization fired a legendary coach after a 10-6 season so it isnít completely crazy. But hopefully it doesnít come to all that.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Saying the packers have the bears number is fact, not ridiculous. Where have you been doogs? Do you even watch the bears? The packers routinely beat the bears and have for years. Do you know what that means? It means they have the bears number. Do I really need to walk you through this? You argue just to argue. The contrarian title is spot on.
    I didn't say they don't "have our number". I said they don't "hand us our *****". It's like you go out of your way to not read what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    I think if you pick someone smart enough to actually go through progressions they can be fine. I don't know enough about college QBs to speak to who would maybe be a good fit.

That's not a microcosm of his playcalling. At all.

1) False starts are pretty rare. Our O-Line, for all their problems, don't get penalized much.

2) The timeout is not a big deal.

3) The delay of game FOLLOWING a time out is inexcusable. But saying this is a "microcosm" when it's something that I don't think I've seen happen literally ever before today is silly.

Everybody calls runs that don't work dumb. Look through any game thread. If we pass the ball and it's incomplete, "Why don't we ever run!?!?!" If we run the ball and it doesn't work, "WHY ARE WE RUNNING IT RIGHT NOW!?!?!"

There was a point in yesterday's game when someone said, "We run it every first down, and it never works. We need to stop." When A) We didn't run it even close to every first down, and B ) The next like, three runs on first down went for 8+ yards.

"A ridiculous schematic play to get an easy TD" is a bizarre statement. Regardless, I don't think he's a perfect head coach. I think he's probably a good head coach. And I agree he can get better. But my stance on him is that I want him to stay here because I think he CAN be a great head coach.
    In regards to the run game I donít mind the play calling but when it clearly isnít working Nagy has to be unpredictable. Like, the next time heís in the same situation heís gonna try to pass for a first down and win the game instead of forcing a time out. Everyone in the building knows he will pass, the other team as well. Every single time he will go for the win.

I donít mind the aggressiveness but itís bordering on predictability now. Itís so damn predictable heís going to do that every single time. One of these days those aggressive calls will lead to 6 the other way.

You have to play to your personnel. Even if thatís his demeanor and approach to be aggressive, he has to understand that 1) the playmakers are not there on offense 2) you have potentially the best defense in NFL

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    As it pertains to the phrase ďhandpickingĒ Iím aware that they didnít have much to choose from but obviously everyone wants Patrick Mahomes or Allen but that isnít possible. The point is to fix a guy like Tannehill or Bridgewater because you have the coaching and play calling stability.

If the Bears ever have a real top 5 QB, it will be because that person can just make ridiculous plays. It wonít be like Goff his near MVP year or Tannehill or the young or old Carr, just sound play calling and execution and coaching
    Tannehill was not available. And Bridgewater still sucks.

In regards to the run game I donít mind the play calling but when it clearly isnít working but Nagy has to be unpredictable. Like, the next time heís in the same situation heís gonna try to pass for a first down and win the game instead of forcing a time out. Everyone in the building knows he will pass, the other team as well. Every single time he will go for the win.

I donít mind the aggressiveness but itís bordering on predictability now. Itís so damn predictable heís going to do that every single time. One of these days those aggressive calls will lead to 6 the other way.
    "If it's not working he has to be unpredictable" by what, only passing? He's not particularly predictable. Here's a challenge for you: Predict what Nagy is going to do before every play next game. I bet you're wrong a lot. Actually write down here before each play what type of call it's going to be. Not just pass or run. But inside/outside, and short/intermediate/deep. Maybe try to guess play actions before they happen.

See how successful you are. People crying about predictability probably need to be doing that kind of thing.

"If it's not working he has to be unpredictable" by what, only passing? He's not particularly predictable. Here's a challenge for you: Predict what Nagy is going to do before every play next game. I bet you're wrong a lot.
    Iím saying in just that one scenario, he will choose to pass every single time to ice the game instead of forcing the other team to burn their last time out. I did predict this before that play too lol because it happened last week in Tampa and several times before.

That is predictable, when everyone in the building expects a pass on 3rd and 2 with under 2 minutes left. Everyone knows heís an aggressive coach.

Iím saying in just that one scenario, he will choose to pass every single time to ice the game instead of forcing the other team to burn their last time out. I did predict this before that play too lol because it happened last week in Tampa and several times before.

That is predictable, when everyone in the building expects a pass on 3rd and 2 with under 2 minutes left
    The play worked. Robinson was open. Foles threw a bad pass. So if he's that predictable, then I guess someone should have told the DC for the Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I mean, they've been a much better team than the Bears for the past couple decades. I don't think that's "having their number." The last few years, both teams have been pretty evenly matched talent-wise and have played close games.

Would you honestly disagree that the Packers are a more vulnerable/beatable team than they were during the peak of the McCarthy/Rodgers years?

It's really just about who we would expect to win in a game. 10 years ago, it'd be Packers easily. In 2020 with 37 year old Rodgers, and a less talented team around him, plus the Bears being a good team and much better coached team than under Lovie/Trestman/Fox, I think it's about a coin-flip.
    Not sure whatís going on here but when a team consistently beats you more than you beat them, thatís having your number. Itís irrelevant if theyíre more vulnerable right now. That doesnít change he the fact theyíve had the bears number. This quite honestly, is common sense 101

The play worked. Robinson was open. Foles threw a bad pass. So if he's that predictable, then I guess someone should have told the DC for the Panthers.
    https://youtu.be/taprc6l4sCE @ 13:35 mark

Looked like a pretty easy defensive stand to me.

Too easy for a team not good on defense and when you realize 1) theyíre bottom barrel against the run 2) you have the best defense in the game to prevent 80 yards in 90 seconds with no time outs it was an unequivocally poor decision
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-19-2020 at 11:47 AM.

I didn't say they don't "have our number". I said they don't "hand us our *****". It's like you go out of your way to not read what I'm saying.
    And I said itís semantics.

The packers consistently beat the bears more often than the bears beat the packers and have for quite some time. Better?

Not sure whatís going on here but when a team consistently beats you more than you beat them, thatís having your number. Itís irrelevant if theyíre more vulnerable right now. That doesnít change he the fact theyíve had the bears number. This quite honestly, is common sense 101
    Nagy has been coach for 2 years. I don't care about before then.

I would not say that it not being 2-2 and being 1-3 or 3-1 in either direction means anybody has anybody's number.

Historically, yes, they do. Since Nagy got here, they may or may not. The jury is still out. The point is, Nagy has not gotten his *** handed to him by the Packers.

I have to admit youíre right I do change my stance on him lol. Sometimes I feel so lucky heís our coach and other times I throw my white owls at the TV. Iím cautiously optimistic.

But I tie his future to Pace, if Pace is gone a new guy deserves the chance to find his own coach and this organization fired a legendary coach after a 10-6 season so it isnít completely crazy. But hopefully it doesnít come to all that.
    Even more than the coach's record matters, a GM's record matters. At the end of the day, we've won lots of games with the teams Pace has put together. If we're winning because he found a good coach that elevates the not so great players he shows a tendency to draft/sign on occasion, that's fine. There's more than one way to get the job done (not to say Pace hasn't brought in good players too, but I think a lot of his problems have been signing player x when he could've had y). A good contrast, I think, is in Phil Emery, who made lots of really good under the radar signings and trades, but aside from pretty horrendous drafts, hiring Trestman when he had Bruce Arians in the door was his ultimate demise.

When I defend Nagy, it's not to say he's perfect, but it's been a looooooong time since we had someone not embarrassing as a HC to the point where the jury is still out after year 3. Compared to the bozos we've had in the past, he's head and shoulders above to this point in time. I think he's warranted more opportunity and a longer leash for sure. I think people don't need to bash his playcalling all the time and should much more factor into account how handcuffed he is literally all the time. From being stuck with the likes of Mitch/Daniel/Foles as his QBs, to having less than stellar talent to work with, it's been a rough gig. At least his playcalling and scheme actually stands out from time to time. It may not show up in the raw offensive numbers, but again, he's calling plays with a not good offensive line and bad QB play.

Nagy might not be the guy, but I think there's a chance he is. EVERY team complains about their playcalling. Even Chiefs fans when Reid gets "cute" or "soft" and they have the best offensive player caller of our generation and one of the best ever. My point there being the grass isn't always greener. Because I doubt anyone could even name 15 of them, I posted a link with every offensive playcaller in the league and dared anyone to name 15 guys they'd take with relative ease over Nagy. My challenge still stands.

And I don't care if it's happened before, there's literally a 0% chance that Pace/Nagy are gone with a 10-6 season this year.

And I said itís semantics.

The packers consistently beat the bears more often than the bears beat the packers and have for quite some time. Better?
    I think the phrases imply different things. If you want to re-define what the things mean such that "handing us our ***" and "have won close games against us" then we can agree. It's a discussion forum.

And of course that's an accurate statement. But it also has VERY little do with Nagy's Bears against the Packers. I would not be stunned at all if we split with them this year.

Nagy has been coach for 2 years. I don't care about before then.

I would not say that it not being 2-2 and being 1-3 or 3-1 in either direction means anybody has anybody's number.

Historically, yes, they do. Since Nagy got here, they may or may not. The jury is still out. The point is, Nagy has not gotten his *** handed to him by the Packers.
    No, but theyíve had his number lol

Especially when nags decides throwing it 50+ times with Trubisky is a good idea. Like I said, weíll see what happens with Foles. Beyond that, Iím done arguing semantics.

No, but theyíve had his number lol

Especially when nags decides throwing it 50+ times with Trubisky is a good idea. Like I said, weíll see what happens with Foles. Beyond that, Iím done arguing semantics.
    Whatever you say, Chief. I'm gonna say the sample is a bit too small to make that call.

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast