Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yankees Bullpen

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of Chapman but this is just silly. This seems like you're attempting to say Chapman gets lit up in the post season.

His post season ERA is 2.40

He has pitched 41 innings in 35 post season games, allowing 14 runs which 11 were earned runs, including 3 home runs, 28 hits, 62 strike outs and 16 walks. 10 saves with 4 blown saves which equals a 71% save rate in the post season.

If that's your getting of lit up, I have a bridge to sell you.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    When you blow 4 saves in as many years, you're getting lit up, as a closer, in my book. If the end result is the same, it makes zero difference if he gave up 1 run or 10.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    When you blow 4 saves in as many years, you're getting lit up, as a closer, in my book. If the end result is the same, it makes zero difference if he gave up 1 run or 10.
    How dare they! Closers never blow saves!

Your definition of lit up certainly suits your narrative, but in actual meaning, no..he has not been lit up. Another asinine statement coming from the troll of the century.

Find me a closer who is available, outside of what's already on the team that would be an upgrade over Chapman in the post season.

For the record, I'd switch Britton and Chapmans roles.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

these are the available FA Rhed relievers
    Pedro Baez (33)
    Anthony Bass (33)
    Dellin Betances (33) — $6MM player option with a $3MM buyout
    Brad Boxberger (33)
    Brad Brach (35)
    Jesse Chavez (37)
    Steve Cishek (35) — $6.75MM club option with a $750K buyout
    Tyler Clippard (36)
    Alex Colome (32)
    Wade Davis (35)
    Chris Devenski (30)
    Ken Giles (30)
    Shane Greene (32)
    Matt Harvey (32)
    Liam Hendriks (32)
    Yoshihisa Hirano (37)
    Greg Holland (35)
    Jared Hughes (35)
    Tommy Hunter (34)
    Jeremy Jeffress (33)
    Nate Jones (35)
    Keone Kela (28)
    Ian Kennedy (36)
    Brandon Kintzler (36) — $4MM club option with a $250K buyout
    Trevor May (31)
    Mark Melancon (36)
    Darren O’Day (38) – $3.5MM club option with a $500K buyout
    Brad Peacock (33)
    Yusmeiro Petit (36)
    David Phelps (34) — $4.5MM club option with a $250K buyout
    David Robertson (36) — $12MM club option with a $2MM buyout
    Sergio Romo (38) — $5MM club option with a $250K buyout
    Hector Rondon (33) — $4MM club option with a $500K buyout
    Trevor Rosenthal (31)
    Joakim Soria (37)
    Pedro Strop (36)
    Josh Tomlin (36)
    Blake Treinen (33)
    Nick Vincent (34)
    Brandon Workman (32)
    Kirby Yates (34)

Lhed
    Jose Alvarez (32)
    Luis Avilan (31)
    Andrew Chafin (31)
    Ross Detwiler (35)
    Sean Doolittle (34)
    Brad Hand (31) — $10MM club option with a $1MM buyout
    Derek Holland (34)
    Aaron Loup (33)
    T.J. McFarland (32)
    Jake McGee (34)
    Oliver Perez (39)
    Tony Watson (36)
    Justin Wilson (33)

I think a guy like Giles could get lost in that group of relievers and probably had for pretty cheap. He's been a closer and still has closer stuff, I think he could be a solid mid pen piece for us in a similar role to Kahnle.
    (BTW about Kahnle, this is his 2nd TJS and he didn't have his surgery till late August so getting him back next yr is probably highly unlikely)

Yates is appealing but i imagine he's going to be pretty expensive.

Rosenthal would be another one i would look at, he has the ability to handle pretty much any BP role and definitely has the experience to succeed in the post season

Like Doc mentioned, i would be surprised if we weren't connected to all of Treinen, Hendriks, and Hand at some point this winter

I also think there are going to be teams like the Reds, Pirates and others that have multiple relievers making descent money that they could look to move for salary relief.

I would also look at the failed starter market, quite a few teams have had alot of success turning struggling starters into very productive relievers

1 thing we have that is going to be very helpful to us in rebuilding our pitching staff is how incredibly deep we are with good young arms. Some of those kids best use is going to be in our rotation or pen but they are also going to be incredibly important trade chips. I would be very surprised if Cashman wasn't very active on the trade market this winter

How dare they! Closers never blow saves!

Your definition of lit up certainly suits your narrative, but in actual meaning, no..he has not been lit up. Another asinine statement coming from the troll of the century.

Find me a closer who is available, outside of what's already on the team that would be an upgrade over Chapman in the post season.

For the record, I'd switch Britton and Chapmans roles.

If you think we have a better option on this team already, why bother to even ask me to find a better closer, outside of it?

If you think we have a better option on this team already, why bother to even ask me to find a better closer, outside of it? [emoji23]
    Hmm. This was your post.

So you want to stay away from pitchers who get lit up in the post season but you want to keep Chapman. Ok.
    Nice deflection though. Typical web troll.

You seem to want to replace Chapman from the outside. Not surprised you didn't answer the question. Because it doesn't exist.

Your words, he gets lit up. Most things indicates other wise. But in typical year after year web trolling, you deflect.

My feelings on switching who closes games is based on preference of having a pitcher who pitches more to ground contact rather than one who pitches for strike outs. Not because I think Chapman gets lit up.

Nice try though.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 10-14-2020 at 10:34 PM.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Hmm. This was your post.

Nice deflection though. Typical web troll.

You seem to want to replace Chapman from the outside. Not surprised you didn't answer the question. Because it doesn't exist.

Interesting that you make it sound, extremely unlikely that there's a better reliever out there than Chapman to pitch the 9th, in the post season, yet youre all for replacing him with Britton,

But to answer your question, I'd be fine with Yates or a combo of him and robertson, closing, if either or both could be had fairly inexpensively. I'd even settle for Britton. Heck, i'd go so far as say, I'd use Kahnle instead of chapman if he were healthy. Hard to predict the results, but I would hope that none would blow 5 saves in 4 years.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 10-14-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Interesting that you make it sound, extremely unlikely that there's a better reliever out there than Chapman to pitch the 9th, in the post season, yet youre all for replacing him with Britton, [emoji23]

But to answer your question, I'd be fine with Yates or a combo of him and robertson, closing, if either or both could be had fairly inexpensively. I'd even settle for Britton. Heck, i'd go so far as say, I'd use Kahnle instead of chapman if he were healthy. Hard to predict the results, but I would hope that none would blow 5 saves in 4 years.
    So, downgrade and or currently injured player downgrade. Got it. Very sound logic.

Yates sported a 12.46 era this year. Talk about getting lit up. LOLOL

Outstanding. I'll call cash.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    So, downgrade and or currently injured player downgrade. Got it. Very sound logic.

Yeah. I'll get Cash on the line for you on that one.

Wait, We are on hold. Weird, they don't play music on hold but they have canned laughter, no.. Oh. I'm not on hold, they are just laughing at the Yates idea.

RC does he know that Robertson is 36, has pitched 7 innings in the last 2 years and didn't pitch this year because of a set back from TJ surgery?

It's brilliant. No one will se it coming. Yates with his 12+ era and Robertson who still may not be able to pitch and be rehabbing an elbow at 36 will anchor the bullpen. What could go wrong?

Ignorance is bliss

Yates had bone chips that he needed removed and was shut down after 4 innings. A simple procedure. What were his numbers for the 2 years before that? He was top 10 in cy young voting last year. I'll take my chances. Nice try though

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Wait, We are on hold. Weird, they don't play music on hold but they have canned laughter, no.. Oh. I'm not on hold, they are just laughing at the Yates idea.

RC does he know that Robertson is 36, has pitched 7 innings in the last 2 years and didn't pitch this year because of a set back from TJ surgery?

It's brilliant. No one will se it coming. Yates with his 12+ era and Robertson who still may not be able to pitch and be rehabbing an elbow at 36 will anchor the bullpen. What could go wrong?
    Robertson came back too early, one year, to be exact. It happens. When spring training begins it'll be a full 18 months since his surgery. That is what you call a potential bargain. Nuff said.

I think you're both speaking to deaf ears.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Pretty much.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Robertson came back too early, one year, to be exact. It happens. When spring training begins it'll be a full 18 months since his surgery. That is what you call a potential bargain. Nuff said.

So get rid of chapman for a 36 year old still recovering from TJ surgery who hasn't pitched in 2 years
    Brilliant.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Tell me what i'm deaf too and i'll explain it to you slooo...wly so you can understand it.

So get rid of chapman for a 36 year old still recovering from TJ surgery who hasn't pitched in 2 years
    Brilliant.
    Yeah because we all know no one ever recovers from TJ surgery after the maximum recovery time has been achieved. We should definitely ignore the pitcher who was number 2 and then number 1 in cy young voting 2 consecutive years

I have no problem giving Robertson a shot as long as it’s a 1 maybe 2 year contract

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast