Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Great One

Prayers and thoughts to his family and friends.

We don’t appreciate really good people enough while they’re still with us...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    On the gofund me page under the update they did state they are still accepting donations and that the donations will go for their sons college fund.

Im assuming they will use some of it for the funeral costs as well.
    Sons college fund a more than worthy use as well.

Thank you.

Hello Everyone,

With Sadness I am letting you know that Oscar(Greatness One) passed away over the weekend. I don't do super well with these type of statements so forgive me. G1 was a great guy and always someone there for a conversation. Im glad I got to know him over the years. Rest well my friend

https://www.gofundme.com/f/oscar-esc...against-cancer
    This year has taken much from us, now another soul worthy of life. Oscar we will miss you, once a Raider always a Raider. You will be missed.

G1 you will be missed

Prayers to your family

Rest in peace brotha

I tend to just come in and discuss football, I don't generally pay much attention to who I'm specifically responding to. I'm just glad to be discussing football with the collective.

And yet I find myself incredibly sad at the news. I'm sure we've all lost someone to cancer ... myself I just experienced my father's succumbing to it last year. I know how much his loved ones must be hurting now, and it's especially devastating to hear about a young child losing a father. I really ****ing hate cancer.

Thinking of his family. And next time things get a little heated here, just give a thought to him, and maybe instead of getting pissy over some silly football argument, just be thankful that we live in a time where we get to share our passion with other fans from all over ... 30 years ago many of us would have never had the chance to know him at all.

This truly breaks my heart to hear. I've been following this forum for several years, and no one has made an impression on me that even comes close to what G1 has. I remember when I first found you all, I was excited to hangout and talk to fellow Raider Nation fanatics. I replied to a few posts and was usually attacked with replies of how I was ignorant, stupid, or didn't know football. From there I just went to reading everyday and not posting anything. Then came the day we traded for AB (Before it blew up in our face) I came straight here to read and see how much everyone else was excited. I was overcome with Joy and decided to make a post in that forum. To my surprise G1 replied to it stating that it got him hyped and asked why I only had 21 posts. He later told me that he enjoyed my posts and hoped I would post more. I know that would mean nothing to most people but it to me, it meant a lot. Someone shared my love for the Raiders and enjoyed my opinions on our team. I wish we could all be more like G1, because he is one of the reasons Raider Nation is the best Nation. I'm going to miss seeing his posts and getting excited with him. Prayers for his family and friends. Prayers for you all that were close to him on here. With tears welling up, I love you all and God bless everyone.

Would anyone have a line to the organization to let them know of his passing, perhaps they could respond to his family?

Man this is sad news, RIP buddy. Not much for words, and lost to many friends and fam to cancer..

Many prayers to his family. Very sad. Rest In Peace greatest one

Damn. Greatness One and I have been talking Raiders football on this forum since April 2007. That's a lot of discussion between us. I always enjoyed his shared thoughts and our discussions. I never had a chance to meet him, but he's part of our Raider family. Sad day.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Rest In Peace Brother.

I know you were able to smile from the heavens and see your beloved Dodgers win the series.

People like to trivialize sports but they are the great unifier.

You wont be forgotten G1.

I am sorry to hear the news. I don't post often but I read the postings from my Raider Nation family. May the Lord grant him a sweet resting place and condolences to his family.

Rest in Peace Greatness One. I am glad I had the chance to participate in our fantasy league with you. Your family will be in my prayers!

RIP GO, I always enjoyed our talks and joking around.

Hello Everyone,

With Sadness I am letting you know that Oscar(Greatness One) passed away over the weekend. I don't do super well with these type of statements so forgive me. G1 was a great guy and always someone there for a conversation. Im glad I got to know him over the years. Rest well my friend

https://www.gofundme.com/f/oscar-esc...against-cancer
    Omg he was a legend on here. How sad. Time comes for all of us. Enjoy the games from the best seats Oscar

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast