Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah but he does get a pass for missing the finals where as Bron gets killed for making it and losing...so there are some unequal scales going on there
    We all know its way better to finish last than to finish a strong second. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbXy2vkJxSk you are a hero being dead last. hey at least you finish the race.

Which team did better Clipper or Heat?

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Which team did better Clipper or Heat?
    clippers... jimmy butler now has a finals loss on his record.... KL and PG13 dodged that bullet

so this now means pg13---------------->butler right? one guy is 0-0 and the other guy is 0-1 in the finals....
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-17-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No one kills him for getting to the finals and losing most people think he is the second best player ever. You sound like his sorry butt ďgimme my respectĒ. People respect you they just think Jordan was better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude stop, they always say 3 and 7, well now 4 and 7. They always bring up his finals record as a negative. Heís #2 based on his statistical dominance, not that heís gone to finals 10 times. If he was 5-0 vs 4-7 heíd have a better argument in most peoples eyes

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Top finals plays an interesting idea. I think MJ steal and bucket before riding off into the sunset is a clear # 1. Magicís sky hook is probably # 2
    The fact the sequence was him stealing the ball from the other team's top player then hitting the game winner no the other end. Exemplifies Jordan in one take: dude was among the best both offensively and defensively.

Easily #1.

The GOAT play from the GOAT player OF ALL TIME?

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Dude stop, they always say 3 and 7, well now 4 and 7. They always bring up his finals record as a negative. Heís #2 based on his statistical dominance, not that heís gone to finals 10 times. If he was 5-0 vs 4-7 heíd have a better argument in most peoples eyes
    They is the ESPN types. I guess there is a they but they are irrelevant and just part of a hype machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-17-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It's funny when you realize that Kyrie Irving traveled before the entire sequence

Big time block but the score here is level and there's almost two minutes of playing time remaining.

Far superior moments:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFlieI0X4Rg

And this was Dominique Wilkins' first important trophy, trophy deciding block after a scandalous decision to freeze the clock with the defending team being 1 point clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01BLdnIOgnY

In the NBA, Michael Jordan in 1998 is by far the most iconic and greatest Finals moment ever. Had he never returned to play with the Wizards, it'd also be the best way to end a sports career ever.

Tayshaun Prince's block was even more spectacular in all honesty, albeit in the ECF and just game 2.

Kareem's sky hook between two defenders in 1974 game 6 to tie the series and send it to 7 was immense.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s28ycn-k1Tg

Magic doing it over three players in 1987 was even more spectacular.

I love the "GOATness" comment lol. It was followed by a 1-8 record in the Finals over the next two seasons playing in a weak East, fleeing it when it started to get slightly harder and not even making playoffs... But no, it's not like you exaggerating everything Lebron does because of this Covid Championship with Anthony Davis next to him, it's because he's the greatest lol.

We get it, you love hyping Lebron. There was no basketball before him and he's the greatest yada yada yada. Build him a shrine and invite your fellow believers to live there please. Internet free if possible, you can all talk about how amazing Lebron is without the interference of infidels talking about random players like Michael Jordan.

Warriors are the GOAT team?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Warriors are the GOAT team?
    If I remember right the Alt Hawks were one the greatest teams of all time that year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Layup-Steal-Jumpshot

That's the GOAT sequence from the true GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyL0FxS-F6E
    Yeah, I love Lebron and that block is iconic, but MJ dominating the end of that game, hitting that jumper and going out on his terms with a sixth title is the stuff of legend. A storybook ending you couldn't recreate if you tried.

Lebron has staked his claim for GOAT, but for peak and clutchness, he'll never surpass Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The fact the sequence was him stealing the ball from the other team's top player then hitting the game winner no the other end. Exemplifies Jordan in one take: dude was among the best both offensively and defensively.

Easily #1.
    Not sure...which was actually harder to do. Lebron may be the only player who could actually make the play he made. It was absolutely spectacular to watch. Jordanís play was more of a heads up play than an impossible one that Lebron made. To come from where Bron did was just impossible. What Jordan did was hard to do, but itís physically possible by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, I love Lebron and that block is iconic, but MJ dominating the end of that game, hitting that jumper and going out on his terms with a sixth title is the stuff of legend. A storybook ending you couldn't recreate if you tried.

Lebron has staked his claim for GOAT, but for peak and clutchness, he'll never surpass Jordan.
    All the stats say Lebron has been more clutch, and Brons playoff and finals peaks are higher than Jordanís. Itís all Nostalgia that fuels the Jordan was more Klutch and had a higher peak...we just forget all the times Jordan failed and only remember his championships and his highlights that were highlighted over and over again by Nike commercials. Meanwhile we are older and understand everything now and see all of Brons failures in real time with none of Jordanís failures to remeber or to compare to.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast