Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Both LeBron and Mike got a very good whistle. I do think Mike got a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    not really Lebron played more seasons than MJ meaning MJ racked up more in a shorter time frame. They both got calls no question. You also have to consider Lebron took it to the cup more than MJ playing in the mid range yet he got less calls. We will hear well Lebron could not play in MJ era this era is soft etc yet Malone, Mooses malone, Oscar, MJ, etc can be seen at a higher rate. Even Kobe shot less than MJ on average per season.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-23-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    not really Lebron played more seasons than MJ meaning MJ racked up more in a shorter time frame. They both got calls no question. You also have to consider Lebron took it to the cup more than playing in the mid range yet he got less calls. We will hear well Lebron could not play in MJ era this era is soft etc yet Malone, Mooses malone, Oscar, MJ, etc can be seen at a higher rates. Even Kobe shot less than MJ on average per season.
    It's such a stupid take too- defensive schemes were much easier to attack, players were generally slower, less athletic , and often weaker. Just more physical.

Hand checking is so overblown its hilarious

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's such a stupid take too- defensive schemes were much easier to attack, players were generally slower, less athletic , and often weaker. Just more physical.

Hand checking is so overblown its hilarious

This is all wrong. It is much easier to attack now. You operate in greater space and the defender has significantly less tool to try and stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I honestly consider it a negative personality trait to like Lebron James. Obviously he should be respected as a player, but feels like him and his fans are the toxic new age thing of constantly begging for nonstop acknowledgement on social media and the internet of how good they are. Like honestly just shut the **** up about him, good god.

No one:

Absolutely no one:

Still no one:

Lebron and his fans: yall know lebron really the goat right?

This is all wrong. It is much easier to attack now. You operate in greater space and the defender has significantly less tool to try and stop you.

The schemes are harder to attack, its easy to read and diagnose man (nothing to do)

There is more spacing, that is another aspect.

Which is why bringing up era is stupid. Don't bring it up at all.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I honestly consider it a negative personality trait to like Lebron James. Obviously he should be respected as a player, but feels like him and his fans are the toxic new age thing of constantly begging for nonstop acknowledgement on social media and the internet of how good they are. Like honestly just shut the **** up about him, good god.

No one:

Absolutely no one:

Still no one:

This. I like him, hes one of my favorite players but his cult is just too damn much. Literally just always trying to play the victim like almost everyone doesnt acknowledge how great he is.

Save some room on his dick for Savannah!!

This is very true. Were living through the inflated stats era right now. With how soft everything is these days Im not sure were ever going to get out of it.

In 20 years its going to be so hard to debate the top players from the 1990s-2000s to the top players of the 2020s because the 2020s numbers are just going to absolutely **** on the older guys. Im sure theres ways to get around it but its going to take a lot more digging.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    That's absurd. So, LeBron is penalized for carrying lesser teams to the finals lmao,and facing harder finals competition doesn't matter.

The issue is that the east was horrible for almost all of those years. I think the reason why his finals record gets brought up is because people try to brag about him reaching the finals. I don't think too many people would bring up his finals record if people didn't brag about him making the finals. The 07, 15, and 18 teams had absolutely no business being in the finals (and would likely have been eliminated in the second round or so in the west if not earlier (the 18 team probably doesn't make it out of the first round in the west)); a case can also be made the 17 team shouldn't haven been in the finals either but they at least weren't an affront to what a finals team should be. The two go hand in hand and you can't have it both ways. You can't brag about making the finals and then ignore the finals record. The finals record demonstrates that a lot of those teams didn't belong in the finals to begin with. I don't really care that his teams have made the finals or about his teams finals record, because I don't really consider making the finals all that much of an accomplishment, but this is a critical reason why others complain about LBJ's finals record.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

No one:

Absolutely no one:

Still no one:

I'm a Lebron fan, and I don't feel like I've ever done this. Also, while I get what you're saying, if you can't have that conversation right after the guy wins his fourth title and Finals MVP with a third franchise, then when can you have those conversations? If we were discussing it 2-3 months from now or early on in the season, I could understand that perspective a little better. But now feels like the right time to be having that debate.

And it's worth noting that Lebron haters are as much to blame for the unnecessary nonstop Lebron conversation as Lebron fans. You think it's Lebron fan who's keeping that neverending Kobe vs. Lebron thread alive? I assure you it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm a Lebron fan, and I don't feel like I've ever done this. Also, while I get what you're saying, if you can't have that conversation right after the guy wins his fourth title and Finals MVP with a third franchise, then when can you have those conversations? If we were discussing it 2-3 months from now or early on in the season, I could understand that perspective a little better. But now feels like the right time to be having that debate.

And it's worth noting that Lebron haters are as much to blame for the unnecessary nonstop Lebron conversation as Lebron fans. You think it's Lebron fan who's keeping that neverending Kobe vs. Lebron thread alive? I assure you it's not.
    This is a great point. After a championship the victor gets the spoil. Curry got hyped to the moon when he won his 1st chip. KD and Kawhi have both been called best player in the world after their FMVP. Now, LeBron and AD get the hype and it is well deserved. I have always been of the opinion that LeBron would never catch Jordan. Now I see a path for him because his longevity is reaching incredible heights and his production is still elite.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

The massive majority of consistent posters on that thread are self-described "LBJ fans" and the thread itself was started by a big LBJ fan. Seems to me like a lot of you guys simply want to stamp out any dissenting opinions and because of your numbers on PSD try very hard to control the narrative. Simply because someone doesn't have LBJ in their top 2 doesn't mean they are an LBJ hater.

Not at all. Its interesting.
    In that case, you'll enjoy this one:

https://backpicks.com/2018/01/18/bac...reggie-miller/

Spoiler: you were ahead of your time in hyping up Reggie Miller. Ben Taylor puts Reggie's consistent offensive impact in the postseason on par with Dirk's 2011, Kawhi's 2016, and Barkley's 93 postseason runs.

Theres a major difference in your fandom of LeBron compared to the guys hes talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    The massive majority of consistent posters on that thread are self-described "LBJ fans" and the thread itself was started by a big LBJ fan. Seems to me like a lot of you guys simply want to stamp out any dissenting opinions and because of your numbers on PSD try very hard to control the narrative. Simply because someone doesn't have LBJ in their top 2 doesn't mean they are an LBJ hater.
    But a Kobe fan has the most posts...hahahaha

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast