Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 167
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,268
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Lol. Kyrie needs him not the other way around, he wanted to go back to a terrible cavs team. Thats a finals team without Love. From like a 20 or 30 win team to finals every year.

    Kobe really had a hard time with his supporting cast in LA! Haha. Even his supporting cast in his 2 peat was better than Cleveland without a doubt. Bynum AND Gasol, that's far better than Kyrie and Love.

    Much better supporting players beyond that as well.

    He didn't "join Kyrie". Cleveland is and always be LeBron's. Not Kyrie's. He'll always be a beta along for the ride.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Once again.. Learn how to ****ing read! I never said he joined Kyrie. If Lebron didnít want to play with Kyrie he would have been gone but he did want to play with him.. Once again, Lebron should have built a better super team..

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,128
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Once again.. Learn how to ****ing read! I never said he joined Kyrie. If Lebron didnít want to play with Kyrie he would have been gone but he did want to play with him.. Once again, Lebron should have built a better super team..
    Lol

    Nope. He can't control what KD did. It was an unbeatable team. King James makes a team great just by being on them. KD had to join the best regular season team ever to win.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    saying there are far superior moments than arguably the best defensive play in NBA finals history is definitely discrediting him and the play. Especially when you throw up links of european league highlights and talk about blocks in game 2s of conference finals. Sure, if you want to say you think they are better go for it but when you use a phrase "far superior" it just comes off as pure hate. And this "covid championship" label youve thrown on it. I bet you wouldnt just write it off had the Lakers not won the championship, youd use it as a knock on him.

    There are plenty of great moments in world basketball in the final stages of games, in monumental games.

    Some may argue that Kyrie Irving's three in the same game, moments later, was an even bigger moment!
    Christian Laettner's shot won them the championship for example, amazing moment. Unparalleled really, even if Michael Jordan's 1998 moment probably is the greatest ever. Had Jordan missed or allowed Malone to score, it wasn't game over for his team, there was another game left. But clinching the title makes it all the more glorious.

    No one is arguing that Lebron's block wasn't something glorious, but it was just to keep the team in contention, it wasn't a title decider. It just allowed Cleveland to not trail by 2 points with 2 minutes left. In fact, what makes Lebron's block special is that it was a clutch game 7 moment, but again, it's not as if it guaranteed a loss or a win. That's the idea here. The block I gave you as an example from the Greek championship finals also did not decide a title, but it was in the final seconds of the game, it could have decided the game. The other block from the Euroleague final is the equivalent of Laettner's shot, as it decided a trophy in the final seconds.

    College basketball has several epic buzzer beater moments actually at their biggest stage.

    1972 Olympics, another special moment despite horrendous officiating (same as the 1996 video I posted) where a block saves the US team from a definite loss, then Doug Collins steals the ball and hits two free throws to win the game. I know, free throws don't look sexy, but that's clutch as hell.

    The craziest game winner I've seen is from the Adriatic League final.

    Clutch shot that gives Cibona the lead with 0.6 seconds to go and everyone is celebrating, even the coach jumped into the court, then this crazy mofo buries a three from behind the half court to win the title for his team, for a brief moment both teams were celebrating

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJAAAMlEtG8

    Honestly, the craziest **** ever, winner takes the trophy home. This was also in overtime.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 10-25-2020 at 10:09 AM.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,705
    https://youtu.be/IQFQbFIYijM

    Here is Reggieís he got a few but I think this clear number one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,705
    https://youtu.be/YAlvOfgNoP0

    The Dr J layup


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://youtu.be/IQFQbFIYijM

    Here is Reggieís he got a few but I think this clear number one
    Incredible moment, probably the greatest one ever in the Eastern Conference playoffs. If it were in the Finals, or at least a series decider, it'd be undoubtedly the number one moment.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,268
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Lol

    Nope. He can't control what KD did. It was an unbeatable team. King James makes a team great just by being on them. KD had to join the best regular season team ever to win.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Sigh.. Either Lebron did or didnít build a great super team? You canít have it both ways...

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,705
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Incredible moment, probably the greatest one ever in the Eastern Conference playoffs. If it were in the Finals, or at least a series decider, it'd be undoubtedly the number one moment.
    Easily the most underrated player of his generation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,128
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Sigh.. Either Lebron did or didnít build a great super team? You canít have it both ways...
    NBA is built on super teams, yes, there is a clear difference in what KD did. That isnt an opinion either, its a fact.

    The reason these teams are "super" is pretty much because LeBron is on them

    There is a reason he made the finals essentially for the past 10 years, and it isn't because he was on super teams or in a weak east.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 10-25-2020 at 01:23 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Easily the most underrated player of his generation.
    I think he's more underappreciated than underrated. Maybe you have these two as synonyms, but I like to call a distinction here.

    I'll give you examples. Shawn Kemp is underappreciated. People would still rate him as one of the best PFs of the 90s, with Chris Webber potentially being a player in an extremely similar situation. Neither was greater than Karl Malone, so it's not like they were the best PF, but people have forgotten how good they were and how well they were rated in their prime. Same with Clyde Drexler and Dominique Wilkins. If modern day NBA fans and analysts held them at the same standards now as they did during their playing time, we'd be talking about two Top 20 players of all time with no questions asked.

    When it comes with rating and comparing players from different eras, the term 'underrated' becomes less significant as there's no proper way of doing it and recency bias kicks in. So if you mean that he's underrated today, sure. Heck, Charles Barkley is probably the most underrated player of all time if we apply how the modern average fan views former players!

    For legit underrated players during Reggie Miller's time, I'd say Mitch Richmond, Mark Price, Chris Mullin (despite the 92 call up) and Alvin Robertson would come up as first choices. I assume that by 'generation' we have a +-3 year period from Reggie's first season.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,515
    For me this is the GOAT play from Jordan and the one play which most epitomizes what Jordan was as a force in basketball.

    https://youtu.be/-qCCm0V4hvw

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,268
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    NBA is built on super teams, yes, there is a clear difference in what KD did. That isnt an opinion either, its a fact.

    The reason these teams are "super" is pretty much because LeBron is on them

    There is a reason he made the finals essentially for the past 10 years, and it isn't because he was on super teams or in a weak east.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    How many years did he go before he left for Miami? A super team is generally considered 3 or more hall of fame or all NBA type players who are in or near their prime. When he left to go back to Cleveland Irving was in place and he knew they Wiggins which they werenít going to keep once Lebron returned.. When they got Love it formed a super team. Sure Love regressed but at the time he was considered a star player in the league.

    So youíre wrong on both accounts. Lebron was on super teams and he did play in the weaker eastern conference.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    For me this is the GOAT play from Jordan and the one play which most epitomizes what Jordan was as a force in basketball.

    https://youtu.be/-qCCm0V4hvw
    Masterpiece indeed. Reminds me of Julius Erving and Clyde Drexler pulling off similar moves. I prefer the move vs the Lakers though that's fairly similar.

    Also from Greece we had this special piece of gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8BXoyvF6vY
    The guy doing it is barely 6ft.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 10-26-2020 at 02:18 AM.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,515
    This is my probably my favorite dunk from Lebron and just shows how athletic he was.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFx7GrCsAfI


    Dunk didnít count though

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,084
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    How many years did he go before he left for Miami? A super team is generally considered 3 or more hall of fame or all NBA type players who are in or near their prime. When he left to go back to Cleveland Irving was in place and he knew they Wiggins which they werenít going to keep once Lebron returned.. When they got Love it formed a super team. Sure Love regressed but at the time he was considered a star player in the league.

    So youíre wrong on both accounts. Lebron was on super teams and he did play in the weaker eastern conference.
    I think your missing the point hes trying to make. Lebron is not a great player because he played in the East or had good teammates on his championship runs. It seems like people bring this up to as to a reason why he have above average talents. On top of that the reality is most championship teams have highly talented players so it dont matter how he got those players. The teams he lost to had multiple HOF so what. Just look at the teams that have the most championships or even the championships over the last 25yrs. Had you replace Lebron in those situations the results wont be the same. Going by that logic Clippers was to dominate the league. Clippers was a playoff team that added two stars one of whom was dub the best player in the league. If you swap Kawhi and Lebron would Clippers have Won?
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-26-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •