Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    The Kobe homers definitely suck too.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    This is all wrong. It is much easier to attack now. You operate in greater space and the defender has significantly less tool to try and stop you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no not really it depends. I think a lot of what they be saying is overrated. It have big guys in the game still, also it have more athletic guys meaning they can beat you to the spot quicker. Hard fouls were not on every play back then like they make it seem and up to a few years ago guys were still taking cheap shots. I would bet Mj never got an artest elbow to the head. Hand check is also overrated you could not hold a player placement of you hand is not holding.

LeBron fans no longer need to use his finals appearances as ammunition, dude has 4 rings. Only superstars with more in NBA history are Russell, Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Kobe and Duncan. He's in rarefied air at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    no not really it depends. I think a lot of what they be saying is overrated. It have big guys in the game still, also it have more athletic guys meaning they can beat you to the spot quicker. Hard fouls were not on every play back then like they make it seem and up to a few years ago guys were still taking cheap shots. I would bet Mj never got an artest elbow to the head. Hand check is also overrated you could not hold a player placement of you hand is not holding.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    But a Kobe fan has the most posts...hahahaha
    I'm not a kobe fan, I'm a laker fan who likes kobe...there's a big difference...and I also just happen to respond to posters when they respond to me. A lot of my posts on there arent even directly related to the debate on that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    LeBron fans no longer need to use his finals appearances as ammunition, dude has 4 rings. Only superstars with more in NBA history are Russell, Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Kobe and Duncan. He's in rarefied air at this point.
    Absolutely agree

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    That's absurd. So, LeBron is penalized for carrying lesser teams to the finals lmao,and facing harder finals competition doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Maybe Lebron should have formed better super teams. After all, he is the reason KD went to Golden State..

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Maybe Lebron should have formed better super teams. After all, he is the reason KD went to Golden State..
    You canít dream of a scenario where he isnít a victim to some

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Ah yes, those super cavs

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Ah yes, those super cavs

Maybe you should learn how to read.. Its not my fault he wanted to play with Kyrie and he wanted Love..

Maybe you should learn how to read.. Its not my fault he wanted to play with Kyrie and he wanted Love..
    Its never no ones fault. Take a look at the most championship teams they just have something in common. How they are formed however well some get lucky some have to take matters in their own hands. Its not Magic fault Kareem was in LA, Its not Kobe fault Shaq was on the Lakers or Pau was traded to Lakers, Its not Larry he had Mchale, Or was it MJ fault Pippen got traded to Bulls, etc. I mean its never no ones fault.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-23-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    This is very true. Weíre living through the inflated stats era right now. With how soft everything is these days Iím not sure weíre ever going to get out of it.
    How are we living in an inflated stats era? What player is crushing what took place 20 years ago? If the game went soft why can i find guys back in the day at the free throw line more? Would you say MJ had it easier than Jerry west? Kobe post Shaq had it easier than MJ? Lebron easier than Kobe? Yes they cleaned up cheap shots(flagrant) Guys are playing more above the rim and are more likely to get a serious injury. The game evolved. Its like your car. the cars got faster and at one point cars had no head rest, seat belt, air bags, lane keep, speed sensor, etc. Put the two together you then have a serious problem. It would be insane not to improve the cars safety. I will say they do go overboard sometimes.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-23-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Lol. Kyrie needs him not the other way around, he wanted to go back to a terrible cavs team. Thats a finals team without Love. From like a 20 or 30 win team to finals every year.

Kobe really had a hard time with his supporting cast in LA! Haha. Even his supporting cast in his 2 peat was better than Cleveland without a doubt. Bynum AND Gasol, that's far better than Kyrie and Love.

Much better supporting players beyond that as well.

He didn't "join Kyrie". Cleveland is and always be LeBron's. Not Kyrie's. He'll always be a beta along for the ride.
    Last edited by blams; 10-24-2020 at 04:15 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Lol. Kyrie needs him not the other way around, he wanted to go back to a terrible cavs team. Thats a finals team without Love. From like a 20 or 30 win team to finals every year.

Kobe really had a hard time with his supporting cast in LA! Haha. Even his supporting cast in his 2 peat was better than Cleveland without a doubt. Bynum AND Gasol, that's far better than Kyrie and Love.

Much better supporting players beyond that as well.

He didn't "join Kyrie". Cleveland is and always be LeBron's. Not Kyrie's. He'll always be a beta along for the ride.
    So this is patently false. Bynum was severely limited in the first kobe/pau title run because he hurt himself and missed most of the second half of the season and returned in fairly limited capacity in the playoffs and was then severely limited by injuries during the second title run. More importantly though, both Kyrie and Love were substantially better than a peak healthy Bynum (which the lakers only had for fleeting moments because he was so injury prone) and were both moderately better than Pau (a case can be made Pau was better than Love (although I don't think he was, not at their peaks at least), but there isn't much of a case to be made for Pau over Kyrie as a player, Pau was definitely a better teammate but that's about it).

I think one major issue that a lot of people have on this site with a lot of LBJ fans is that some of you wildly overrate the teammates of guys who LBJ is compared to and then go in the opposite direction and criminally underrate LBJ's teammates.

Also, why bring up Kobe here? Kobe wasn't related to this topic. I will note that Kobe has now been brought up by two LBJ fans (and a third time by a different poster who is not a Kobe fan), completely unprompted and I'm not sure I've seen anyone else talk about Kobe in this thread (which directly flies in the face of mightybosstone's post arguing that it's not LBJ fans who keep the Kobe vs. LBJ thread going. You guys are literally bringing that topic into other threads completely unprompted).
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-24-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    So this is patently false. Bynum was severely limited in the first kobe/pau title run because he hurt himself and missed most of the second half of the season and returned in fairly limited capacity in the playoffs and was then severely limited by injuries during the second title run. More importantly though, both Kyrie and Love were substantially better than a peak healthy Bynum (which the lakers only had for fleeting moments because he was so injury prone) and were both moderately better than Pau (a case can be made Pau was better than Love (although I don't think he was, not at their peaks at least), but there isn't much of a case to be made for Pau over Kyrie as a player, Pau was definitely a better teammate but that's about it).

I think one major issue that a lot of people have on this site with a lot of LBJ fans is that some of you wildly overrate the teammates of guys who LBJ is compared to and then go in the opposite direction and criminally underrate LBJ's teammates.

Also, why bring up Kobe here? Kobe wasn't related to this topic. I will note that Kobe has now been brought up by two LBJ fans (and a third time by a different poster who is not a Kobe fan), completely unprompted and I'm not sure I've seen anyone else talk about Kobe in this thread (which directly flies in the face of mightybosstone's post arguing that it's not LBJ fans who keep the Kobe vs. LBJ thread going. You guys are literally bringing that topic into other threads completely unprompted).
    He just canít take it when people donít love his hero the way he does.. Heís a Bulls fan that loves Lebron.. Lmao!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast