Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,260

    Hal's comments on season's end

    Bryan Hoch@BryanHoch
    Hal Steinbrenner apologizes to Yankees fans, saying the team should have won the World Series and "we didn't even come close."

    Hal Steinbrenner said that he believes Gary Sanchez will return to form in 2021. "We'll get him back."

    Steinbrenner: 'Boone will be back next year'

    Hal Steinbrenner: "Our objective was to win a World Championship. We failed in that endeavor. Does that mean the whole season was a failure? No."

    Hal Steinbrenner on Gerrit Cole: "He's hardcore. We got exactly what we wanted."

    Hal Steinbrenner said that he recognizes DJ LeMahieu's value to the team ... "and I'll leave it at that."

    On the team's finances, Hal Steinbrenner said that the #Yankees sustained "significant losses, more than any other team in baseball."

    Hal Steinbrenner said he believes the Game 2 pitching logic of Garcia/Happ was "sound," but that it was not executed by the players on the field.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    How was the season not a failure ? They lost the division and only made the playoffs because half the league made it in . And on top of that the plan they used in game 2 was not sound at all. And then he says they are keeping Sanchez for next season too . He is more full of bs than the bull itself. It is so damned obvious that he doesn’t care about winning a ws at all
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-13-2020 at 10:07 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    14,468
    That's pretty sound of him to say but sometimes you need to show emotions and have fire. In any business or sport when you fail that many times someone should be fired, that's my opinion especially when you outspend the opposition that often.

    I really think either Cashman and/or Boone should be fired this offseason.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    That's pretty sound of him to say but sometimes you need to show emotions and have fire. In any business or sport when you fail that many times someone should be fired, that's my opinion especially when you outspend the opposition that often.

    I really think either Cashman and/or Boone should be fired this offseason.
    Not going to happen , hal already said that Boone is back for next season

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How was the season not a failure ? They lost the division and only made the playoffs because half the league made it in . And on top of that the plan they used in game 2 was not sound at all. And then he says they are keeping Sanchez for next season too . He is more full of bs than the bull itself. It is so damned obvious that he doesn’t care about winning a ws at all
    Another ridiculous assumption on your behalf.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    That's pretty sound of him to say but sometimes you need to show emotions and have fire. In any business or sport when you fail that many times someone should be fired, that's my opinion especially when you outspend the opposition that often.

    I really think either Cashman and/or Boone should be fired this offseason.

    But their not, so find something else to whine about. I know you can.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Another ridiculous assumption on your behalf.
    If it is so ridiculous then show me how it isn’t ridiculous? Don’t just talk out of your Arse with a blanket statement . Tell me how Hal isn’t full of bs with that statement he made

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,260
    Pot ----> Kettle
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    You claim you Don’t want to be the ref but have no problem egging things on . Go figure

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,260
    No Jorge I want peace on the board. I was trying to end an argument / disagreement before it launched.

    You have been accused by many of exactly what you claim Yanksguy is guilty.

    I am trying to restore peace and civil discourse. I am sorry if my comment seemed / appeared confrontational, it wasn't meant to be.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    It certainly wasn’t being peaceful either . I provided proof that Hal is full of crap with his statement . He didn’t provide proof of the contrary and just made a blanket statement . It doesn’t matter what I did or did not do before in other threads , he made a statement saying what I said in this thread was ridiculous I simply told him to back up his statement . If anything it’s a cop out to claim I have been guilty of that before and now I must be guilty of it now .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,260
    You're right. I could have been more tactful in my response. I was hoping you would see the contradiction and inherent hypocrisy. I was not trying to escalate.

    We all have opinions which lead to disagreement at times, it's expected. It engenders lively discussion and debate. All I ask and hope is we keep it civil.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    It certainly wasn’t being peaceful either . I provided proof that Hal is full of crap with his statement . He didn’t provide proof of the contrary and just made a blanket statement . It doesn’t matter what I did or did not do before in other threads , he made a statement saying what I said in this thread was ridiculous I simply told him to back up his statement . If anything it’s a cop out to claim I have been guilty of that before and now I must be guilty of it now .

    What proof did you provide? Proof would be finding a tape of him saying he was lying outright. Proof would be finding printed dialogue from an interview. Proof is proof, not your opinion and interpretation of his words.

    I think Hal believes what he says. Some of it, Like comments about Cole, DJ and not wining the WS? I believe he genuinely believes that. The others? I think he believes because he drank Cashman's koolaid. I think he's talking himself into it.
    That is what I believe. It's what I think. It is not proof

    Your saying so?
    That isn't proof. That's your opinion and your read based on your personal assessment of failure vs success.

    Here is proof.

    The entire season was not a failure. That is fact.
    They had a winning record which means they succeeded more than they failed. Fact.
    They made the playoffs. That is a success. Fact.
    They had a player win a batting title and another win the HR title. Fact.
    Those are wins. Those are not failures. Fact
    They won a round in the playoffs. Fact


    It is also factually inaccurate to say they made the playoffs because half the league made it.
    They would have made it in any year. They would have been the second wildcard spot and played Chicago.
    The teams with the two best records outside division winners make the playoffs. Fact.


    Proof is not "OMG, he's so full of crap!" That is opinion. Learn the difference.

    And yes, you are guilty of it now, because your response is also a blanket statement

    You argued that your blanket statement (which was factually inaccurate) and opinion were proof. That flat out idiotic.



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,755
    Today Bryan Hoch on Twitter "Brian Cashman say's that Aaron Boone is not a puppet"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,226
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Today Bryan Hoch on Twitter "Brian Cashman say's that Aaron Boone is not a puppet"
    Funny, Aaron Boone said the same but when he did, he was sitting next to Cashman. When Aaron spoke those words, Cashman's lips moved and his hands were hidden.



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •