Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hal's comments on season's end

Bryan Hoch@BryanHoch
    Hal Steinbrenner apologizes to Yankees fans, saying the team should have won the World Series and "we didn't even come close."

Hal Steinbrenner said that he believes Gary Sanchez will return to form in 2021. "We'll get him back."

Steinbrenner: 'Boone will be back next year'

Hal Steinbrenner: "Our objective was to win a World Championship. We failed in that endeavor. Does that mean the whole season was a failure? No."

Hal Steinbrenner on Gerrit Cole: "He's hardcore. We got exactly what we wanted."

Hal Steinbrenner said that he recognizes DJ LeMahieu's value to the team ... "and I'll leave it at that."

On the team's finances, Hal Steinbrenner said that the #Yankees sustained "significant losses, more than any other team in baseball."

Hal Steinbrenner said he believes the Game 2 pitching logic of Garcia/Happ was "sound," but that it was not executed by the players on the field.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

How was the season not a failure ? They lost the division and only made the playoffs because half the league made it in . And on top of that the plan they used in game 2 was not sound at all. And then he says they are keeping Sanchez for next season too . He is more full of bs than the bull itself. It is so damned obvious that he doesn’t care about winning a ws at all
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-13-2020 at 10:07 PM.

That's pretty sound of him to say but sometimes you need to show emotions and have fire. In any business or sport when you fail that many times someone should be fired, that's my opinion especially when you outspend the opposition that often.

I really think either Cashman and/or Boone should be fired this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    That's pretty sound of him to say but sometimes you need to show emotions and have fire. In any business or sport when you fail that many times someone should be fired, that's my opinion especially when you outspend the opposition that often.

Not going to happen , hal already said that Boone is back for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How was the season not a failure ? They lost the division and only made the playoffs because half the league made it in . And on top of that the plan they used in game 2 was not sound at all. And then he says they are keeping Sanchez for next season too . He is more full of bs than the bull itself. It is so damned obvious that he doesn’t care about winning a ws at all
    Another ridiculous assumption on your behalf.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post

But their not, so find something else to whine about. I know you can.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Another ridiculous assumption on your behalf.
    If it is so ridiculous then show me how it isn’t ridiculous? Don’t just talk out of your Arse with a blanket statement . Tell me how Hal isn’t full of bs with that statement he made

Pot ----> Kettle
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

You claim you Don’t want to be the ref but have no problem egging things on . Go figure

No Jorge I want peace on the board. I was trying to end an argument / disagreement before it launched.

You have been accused by many of exactly what you claim Yanksguy is guilty.

I am trying to restore peace and civil discourse. I am sorry if my comment seemed / appeared confrontational, it wasn't meant to be.

It certainly wasn’t being peaceful either . I provided proof that Hal is full of crap with his statement . He didn’t provide proof of the contrary and just made a blanket statement . It doesn’t matter what I did or did not do before in other threads , he made a statement saying what I said in this thread was ridiculous I simply told him to back up his statement . If anything it’s a cop out to claim I have been guilty of that before and now I must be guilty of it now .

You're right. I could have been more tactful in my response. I was hoping you would see the contradiction and inherent hypocrisy. I was not trying to escalate.

We all have opinions which lead to disagreement at times, it's expected. It engenders lively discussion and debate. All I ask and hope is we keep it civil.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    It certainly wasn’t being peaceful either . I provided proof that Hal is full of crap with his statement . He didn’t provide proof of the contrary and just made a blanket statement . It doesn’t matter what I did or did not do before in other threads , he made a statement saying what I said in this thread was ridiculous I simply told him to back up his statement . If anything it’s a cop out to claim I have been guilty of that before and now I must be guilty of it now .

What proof did you provide? Proof would be finding a tape of him saying he was lying outright. Proof would be finding printed dialogue from an interview. Proof is proof, not your opinion and interpretation of his words.

I think Hal believes what he says. Some of it, Like comments about Cole, DJ and not wining the WS? I believe he genuinely believes that. The others? I think he believes because he drank Cashman's koolaid. I think he's talking himself into it.
    That is what I believe. It's what I think. It is not proof

Your saying so?
    That isn't proof. That's your opinion and your read based on your personal assessment of failure vs success.

Here is proof.

The entire season was not a failure. That is fact.
    They had a winning record which means they succeeded more than they failed. Fact.
    They made the playoffs. That is a success. Fact.
    They had a player win a batting title and another win the HR title. Fact.
    Those are wins. Those are not failures. Fact
    They won a round in the playoffs. Fact

It is also factually inaccurate to say they made the playoffs because half the league made it.
    They would have made it in any year. They would have been the second wildcard spot and played Chicago.
    The teams with the two best records outside division winners make the playoffs. Fact.

Proof is not "OMG, he's so full of crap!" That is opinion. Learn the difference.

And yes, you are guilty of it now, because your response is also a blanket statement

You argued that your blanket statement (which was factually inaccurate) and opinion were proof. That flat out idiotic.

Ignorance is bliss

Today Bryan Hoch on Twitter "Brian Cashman say's that Aaron Boone is not a puppet"

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Today Bryan Hoch on Twitter "Brian Cashman say's that Aaron Boone is not a puppet"
    Funny, Aaron Boone said the same but when he did, he was sitting next to Cashman. When Aaron spoke those words, Cashman's lips moved and his hands were hidden.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast