Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Why do you think Joe Douglas asked for a 6 year deal? Because when he looked at this team, he knew it was in big trouble and it was going to take time. Look at his free agent signings:

Perriman-- 1 year deal
    Fant-- "on paper," 3 years, 30 million, but he can be released at season's end and save the team 7.4 million
    Lewis-- "on paper," 3 years, 18.6 million, but can be released at season's end and save the team 5.36 million
    Greg Van Roten-- "on paper," 3 years, 10.5 million, but can be released at season's end and save the team 3.5 million
    Desir-- 1 year deal
    Poole-- 1 year deal
    Jenkins-- 1 year deal
    McDouglad, in trade-- FA at season's end
    Quincy Wilson, in trade-- FA at season's end

Basically, all he was doing was trying to "find lightning in a bottle" with 3 of his o-line signings/resignings, and perhaps hitting something good with his trades/1 year deals on the players he brought in/back. If the o-linemen worked, he had them on multi-year deals. If they didn't, they could be shown the door and save on cap space.

Now, let's look at current roster players:

DE Henry Anderson-- Can be released at season's end and save the team 8.2 million
    TE Ryan Griffin-- Can be released and save the team 1.875 million
    RB LeVeon Bell (released)-- Saves us 11 million next year

Joe Douglas saw this team was an overpriced gut job and next year is when the true building begins. 4 1st rounders, 2 second rounders, and 3 3rd rounders over the next 2 seasons.

If I am the Jets right now, at 0-5, I am playing all the young guys-- Perine, Zuniga, Ashtyn Davis, Franklin-Myers, Cameron Clark and Bryce Hall (when healthy), Mims, Bryce Huff, and let's see what we have for the future.
    I'm very aware of what Joe D was attempting to do, I just think his execution of it was weak.

We let players slip through our fingers that were signable and tradable.

Joe D's "gut job" may include gutting him too, if there is no legit improvement next year.
    Some of you are all in on Joe D, so be it.
    To me, he needs to prove himself because so far it seems as Gase is pulling more strings than he is.

If we were grading them:
    Gase gets an F, pretty universally accepted
    Joe D gets a D+, serious room for improvement, little room for failure past this year

The culture they have established so far is 0-5.

Joe D won't see 6yrs (he may not see 4 years) if he continues this level of GMing.
    I think he has it in him, but he'll definitely have to up his game this offseason.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
    We're 0-5 without being competitive all season, I think the question is answered in all honesty I get what your saying but Gase shouldn't need to be given a rope to hang himself that what he's been doing since he became HC of the Dolphins.
    Gase should already be buried and gone. They should have been cutting him down from that rope after the Thursday night game. He's bad. He should be long gone.

The sad truth is, anyone could win with great players and I still fear that the Johnsons are so, dead set on proving they made the right choice that they will stick with Gase, to the detriment of the team. My guess is that any mediocrity will be chalked up as a win and evidence that he's improving.
    If the two brothers had half a brain between them, this team would have never hired Gase and they would have fired Mac before the draft.
    My only point regarding those three was , they were all outspokenly, unhappy. (As they should have been). But instead of firing Gase, they got rid of them. Was it the right move? I doubt it but I am willing to see if all of the sudden the jets win a game.
    I am sure Gase is going to echo, we want guys who want to be here. The problem is, not many guys seem to want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    It's just that those guys aren't cancers. Gase is. Lol it's that simple. Stop with the character assassinations of guys who were making the team better, not worse. Gase makes everything around him worse
    Whoa. Who's assassinating characters?
    I said I love Adams. I don't blame him but he did get annoying as hell and petty as hell with the instagram and twitter stuff.
    Bell did have the MO of being a me first guy. Here, he has been nothing but professional. He has been great but it wasn't a shocker that he got sick of it and started doing exactly what Adams did. They gave him zero leeway, I'm guessing to prevent another episode of looking Dumb as **** in the way they deal with players.

Gase is a twat who had no desire to be outshined by stars so rather than listen to them and change up his dealings with them, he allowed them to be run out of NY. I pin Bell and Adams, on Gase.
    Anderson? He was arrested twice witting a year. I can't agree that Robbie was a high character guy when here.

When I read my post, I was not clear. I absolutely think all 3 players have accountability for their words but Gase is the reason behind their collective unhappiness and the reason they needed to vocalize.
    With that said, I would much rather guys who deal with this stuff silently. I find repeatedly using social media to be annoying

To to summarize, Gase is a ****** HC. He's a ****** player coach. He's an. arrogant twat with no reason to be that way.
    He actively and passively drove off 3 players who, with a good coach would have been huge contributors.
    I think two to the three players could have dealt with it better.
    None of those 3 were "Gase" players. (We now get to see Gase free of all those burdens of high quality players.)

I think Adams and Bell could have been "Joe" players and if Gase weren't to coach, they'd still be here.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I'm very aware of what Joe D was attempting to do, I just think his execution of it was weak.

We let players slip through our fingers that were signable and tradable.

Joe D's "gut job" may include gutting him too, if there is no legit improvement next year.
    Some of you are all in on Joe D, so be it.
    To me, he needs to prove himself because so far it seems as Gase is pulling more strings than he is.

If we were grading them:
    Gase gets an F, pretty universally accepted
    Joe D gets a D+, serious room for improvement, little room for failure past this year

The culture they have established so far is 0-5.

Joe D won't see 6yrs (he may not see 4 years) if he continues this level of GMing.
    I think he has it in him, but he'll definitely have to up his game this offseason.
    Sadly, I think part of Joe's D+ is tied to his allegiance with Gase.

I would also say that Becton, Davis, Zuniga and Mimms being injured hurts Joe's stock right now., Perine has shown some nice flashes

If Becton keeps improving, Davis and Mimms come in and make an impact and Zuniga is at worst a decent platoon guy, Joe will look way better.

Ignorance is bliss

When Gase asked if they misused Bell
    "It's irrelevant at this point," Gase said

This dude is a **** bird.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Sadly, I think part of Joe's D+ is tied to his allegiance with Gase.

I would also say that Becton, Davis, Zuniga and Mimms being injured hurts Joe's stock right now., Perine has shown some nice flashes

If Becton keeps improving, Davis and Mimms come in and make an impact and Zuniga is at worst a decent platoon guy, Joe will look way better.
    If you think about it, Gase got everything he wanted.
    No Robby.
    No Adams.
    No Bell.
    So he has no more excuses on his unwanted personnel, right?

And does this mean we're going to see a 'new' offense from the brilliant one, or the same offense with less talent.

If you think about it, Gase got everything he wanted.
    No Robby.
    No Adams.
    No Bell.
    So he has no more excuses on his unwanted personnel, right?

And does this mean we're going to see a 'new' offense from the brilliant one, or the same offense with less talent.
    The bolded was the point I poorly tried to make in my long post on the previous page.
    He can put up or shut up.

But something tells me more people may start moving towards the edge.

At what point does Joe and The Bros have the sack to say, "hmm, you got rid of all our best players because they weren't "your type". The teams still looks like azz. Time for you to go"

I'm bummed Joe didn't get a pick for Bell but I really think they were terrified that another Adams situation would develop and if it did? Damn

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    When Gase asked if they misused Bell
    "It's irrelevant at this point," Gase said

This dude is a **** bird.
    He is such a ****ing prick. He acts like he has the resume of a Shula/BB. Instead he's one of the worst HCs I've ever seen. The fact that the Johnson's have allowed him to ruin the team (even more so than normal haha) shows how inept the ownership is. Crazy that this idiot makes me miss Todd Bowles so much.

Jets release LeVeon Bell

Iím very disappointed that we couldnít even sell low on Bell. To just outright release him seems insane, I really think he wouldíve had a pretty good year if he was healthy behind this OL. Theyíve received some flack, but they are still better than last year.

The timing is just awful. He literally just came off the IR and played only one game smh.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    He is such a ****ing prick. He acts like he has the resume of a Shula/BB. Instead he's one of the worst HCs I've ever seen. The fact that the Johnson's have allowed him to ruin the team (even more so than normal haha) shows how inept the ownership is. Crazy that this idiot makes me miss Todd Bowles so much.
    Bowles was not a bad HC, he just didn't have a QB.

Give Biwles this team and Sam for a couple years.and we would.be at least 2-3 and somewhat competitive.
    Plus its less doubtful that Mosley and Doctson sit out the year.
    Bowles would have talked with Adams, whether or not Adams would be here is inknown but things wouldn't have exploded.
    Bell would have been utilized more overall.
    Maybe Robby still would have been here.
    More team unity for sure.
    Last edited by MrX27; 10-14-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Bowles was not a bad HC, he just didn't have a QB.

Give Biwles this team and Sam for a couple years.and we would.be at least 2-3 and somewhat competitive.
    Plus its less doubtful that Mosley and Doctson sit out the year.
    Bowles would have talked with Adams, whether or not Adams would be here is inknown but things wouldn't have exploded.
    Bell would have been utilized more overall.
    Maybe Robby still would have been here.
    More team unity for sure.
    This I why I want a defensive HC. Let him hire a great OC.

Ignorance is bliss

Douglas and Gase

Ilike Douglas, but because of how he got his job, he's behind Gase, as well, at this point. Until this disastrous tie is cut, we'll continue to have to live with this organization behaving like they have a competent head coach.

A real organization, if Bell didn't fit into their long term plans and their record was oh and whatever (this may be an oxymoron) would have had their playbook feature Bell to make him look like the stud he still probably is and then sold high.

Instead you have an a-hole for a head coach who does the exact opposite and we don't know what yet for a GM who allows Gase to get away with it.

It's time for Douglas to grow a pair and force the Johnson's to get rid of the thing that is currently the head coach of the Jets - altho', at this point, Gase is Douglas' insurance policy o going 0-16 and getting the number one pick. Gase better not be here next year in order for this tank to have a chance of working properly - hopefully, Douglas understands that even if the remarkably clueless Christopher Johnson doesn't.

If Christopher Johnson isn't the poster boy for a 100% inheritance tax for the rich, then who is?
    Mitt Romney, George Bush, Donald Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Ilike Douglas, but because of how he got his job, he's behind Gase, as well, at this point. Until this disastrous tie is cut, we'll continue to have to live with this organization behaving like they have a competent head coach.

A real organization, if Bell didn't fit into their long term plans and their record was oh and whatever (this may be an oxymoron) would have had their playbook feature Bell to make him look like the stud he still probably is and then sold high.

Instead you have an a-hole for a head coach who does the exact opposite and we don't know what yet for a GM who allows Gase to get away with it.

It's time for Douglas to grow a pair and force the Johnson's to get rid of the thing that is currently the head coach of the Jets - altho', at this point, Gase is Douglas' insurance policy o going 0-16 and getting the number one pick. Gase better not be here next year in order for this tank to have a chance of working properly - hopefully, Douglas understands that even if the remarkably clueless Christopher Johnson doesn't.

If Christopher Johnson isn't the poster boy for a 100% inheritance tax for the rich, then who is?
    First bolded, 100%. That's the same feeling I get.
    The second bolded made me laugh. So true, so true.

Ignorance is bliss

Jets release LeVeon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    he signs a week contract with the Dolphins and scores 3 touchdowns and runs for 175 yards on us.

then he signs a with bills for another week and pretty much does the same thing.

then he signs with the KC for the remainder of the season and continues to humiliate us.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post

Or Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer. Let's not just pick on the GOP
    Your Worst Nightmare

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast