Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Jets release LeVeon Bell

Bell signs with the Chiefs and is looking to get a ring. Iím happy for him. Believe it or not, this is a good look for the Jets. Instead of keeping a disgruntled player with no future here around, they let him go.

Itís a shame he was disgruntled to begin with though, thatís what needs to be fixed. Gase is on very thin ice if the losses continue to pile up and the locker room turns on him (if they havenít already).
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-15-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Huhhhhh

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Bell signs with the Chiefs and is looking to get a ring. Iím happy for him. Believe it or not, this is a good look for the Jets. Instead of keeping a disgruntled player with no future here around, they let him go.

Itís a shame he was disgruntled to begin with though, thatís what needs to be fixed. Gase is on very thin ice if the losses continue to pile up and the locker room turns on him (if they havenít already).
    I know I've said it before but this is my concern. Gase wants guys who fall into line with his style and demands.
    I fear he could clean out the whole team with the excuse that they weren't "his type" of player (That includes Sam) and the Johnsons would still say they want to give him a chance "his guys" and they would be patient because that's what it takes.
    I think he's here next year. If they haven't booted him for what we've all seen? What would make them do it now? He's a brilliant offensive mind...
    I hope that I am totally wrong. I will gladly cook up that crow or have crow sushi.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Huhhhhh
    It will be very interesting to see if Reid sets up Bell to run wild over the Jets. I hope does.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It will be very interesting to see if Reid sets up Bell to run wild over the Jets. I hope does.
    I hope that happens, but I donít see Reid having a reason to do that and will likely take the high road and pull the starters after the 1st quarter when the game is out of reach

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I hope that happens, but I donít see Reid having a reason to do that and will likely take the high road and pull the starters after the 1st quarter when the game is out of reach
    so true so true

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Maybe both happen!
    Bell rushes 10 times for 75 and a TD and catches 4 for 60 and another TD in the first half

The chiefs lead at half 28-3
    Andy sits bell in the second half

Ignorance is bliss

Jets release LeVeon Bell

I know I've said it before but this is my concern. Gase wants guys who fall into line with his style and demands.
    I fear he could clean out the whole team with the excuse that they weren't "his type" of player (That includes Sam) and the Johnsons would still say they want to give him a chance "his guys" and they would be patient because that's what it takes.
    I think he's here next year. If they haven't booted him for what we've all seen? What would make them do it now? He's a brilliant offensive mind...
    I hope that I am totally wrong. I will gladly cook up that crow or have crow sushi.
    I liked a lot of the moves Joe made this offseason, but the reality is that many of his moves have not panned out (yet). Some of it is certainly bad luck with injuries, but the depth at the skill positions clearly got exposed as we feared. He also did nothing to improve the defense, particularly in the secondary. We have 0 talent at CB and our pass-rush is below average as usual. Weíre really seeing the impact Adams had on this defense in multiple facets.

With our tougher schedule, itís no surprise we are worse than last season. But if guys start coming back healthy and we STILL canít be competitive, then all the blame lies on Gase for the players quitting on him. Right now itís still hard to judge until actual NFL players are playing snaps. Even if Gaseís play-calls can be questionable, good players will usually execute regardless. Itís pretty clear that we have very few, if at all. Youíre not going to win in this league without putting up points, but also getting key stops on defense.

Jets do neither.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-16-2020 at 08:04 PM.

I liked a lot of the moves Joe made this offseason, but the reality is that many of his moves have not panned out (yet). Some of it is certainly bad luck with injuries, but the depth at the skill positions clearly got exposed as we feared. He also did nothing to improve the defense, particularly in the secondary. We have 0 talent at CB and our pass-rush is below average as usual. Weíre really seeing the impact Adams had on this defense in multiple facets.

With our tougher schedule, itís no surprise we are worse than last season. But if guys start coming back healthy and we STILL canít be competitive, then all the blame lies on Gase for the players quitting on him. Right now itís still hard to judge until actual NFL players are playing snaps. Even if Gaseís play-calls can be questionable, good players will usually execute regardless. Itís pretty clear that we have very few, if at all. Youíre not going to win in this league without putting up points, but also getting key stops on defense.

Jets do neither.
    I like your optimism.

This my exact concern with Gase. He is not a good HC. But with better players, any coach will have a better result. Better players and a bad HC is a recipe for mediocrity at its best.

I also think Joe made some very solid moves. I like all the 1 year, show me, deals. I like all of the O line signings.
    That's the thing, those O Line signings haven't made a difference. They are better players than the ones we had last year. They are still bad. That's coaching.

I am tired of blaming the players for not being good. I think that's BS. If they are standing on an NFL field, they must have done something right to get there. That's why I have said and will say coaching is the issue.
    They don't need to win. They just need to look like they care and that they try to compete. You don't need good players for that. You need ones who have bought in, listen and work together. That is coaching.
    I think talent wise, this team has more offensive talent than they did last year or at least did til the release of Bell.

I put the vast majority of the blame on Gase for this team's failures .

Ignorance is bliss

Jets release LeVeon Bell

I like your optimism.

This my exact concern with Gase. He is not a good HC. But with better players, any coach will have a better result. Better players and a bad HC is a recipe for mediocrity at its best.

I also think Joe made some very solid moves. I like all the 1 year, show me, deals. I like all of the O line signings.
    That's the thing, those O Line signings haven't made a difference. They are better players than the ones we had last year. They are still bad. That's coaching.

I am tired of blaming the players for not being good. I think that's BS. If they are standing on an NFL field, they must have done something right to get there. That's why I have said and will say coaching is the issue.
    They don't need to win. They just need to look like they care and that they try to compete. You don't need good players for that. You need ones who have bought in, listen and work together. That is coaching.
    I think talent wise, this team has more offensive talent than they did last year or at least did til the release of Bell.

I put the vast majority of the blame on Gase for this team's failures .
    What about Crowder? Heís performing better here than he ever has. Gase hasnít had NFL talent to work with so far. Weíve been starting Chris Hogan and Jeff Smith on the outside. Thatís ****ing embarrassing. Herndon canít catch a cold. Players need to execute on the field, a HC canít hold these guys hands and make them play better.

The OL signings havenít made a difference because McGovern has played terrible at C according to PFF. Fant has been OK, Van Roten is starting to play to expectations, and Lewis has been solid. Edoga has also been impressive in his 2nd season run-blocking.

Sam has regressed within the pocket and he no longer looks comfortable. Hopefully when he comes back, Mims, Perriman, Crowder, and Becton can all be on the field together with Herndon hopefully coming around and Perine starting to take over as the lead back. If Sam canít produce any results with those guys, we need to clean house next year (Sam and Gase).

Stuna, I love crowder. I think heís a very good receiver/slot
    Him and Robbie were a decent Tandem

I also applauded the Permian signing.
    And joes first draft looks solid at the worst

I like his style. I am rooting for him
    I just want him to hire the next coach, not the brothers

Ignorance is bliss

What about Crowder? Heís performing better here than he ever has. Gase hasnít had NFL talent to work with so far. Weíve been starting Chris Hogan and Jeff Smith on the outside. Thatís ****ing embarrassing. Herndon canít catch a cold. Players need to execute on the field, a HC canít hold these guys hands and make them play better.

The OL signings havenít made a difference because McGovern has played terrible at C according to PFF. Fant has been OK, Van Roten is starting to play to expectations, and Lewis has been solid. Edoga has also been impressive in his 2nd season run-blocking.

Sam has regressed within the pocket and he no longer looks comfortable. Hopefully when he comes back, Mims, Perriman, Crowder, and Becton can all be on the field together with Herndon hopefully coming around and Perine starting to take over as the lead back. If Sam canít produce any results with those guys, we need to clean house next year (Sam and Gase).
    Gase had NFL talent in Miami and they sucked. You do realize that Tannehill led the league in passing rating and YPA last year right? Look at how well he is playing this year as well. That Kenyon Drake was a 3rd back sometimes in Miami and had 800 total yards and 8 TDs in 8 games with Arizona last year. That Devonte Parker had 1200 receiving yards with Miami last season. All guys who were mediocre with Gase and have flourished away from him.

The dude is an incompetent coach. Whose fault is it that the Jets keep jettisoning guys away btw? If we believe Gase and Douglas have equal power then he was part of the decision making to let Robbie Anderson leave in FA, release Bell, trade Jamal Adams, etc. Not excusing the talent because we know its mediocre but Gase is the among the biggest problems here. He's an awful playcaller, he doesn't connect with players, he makes no in game adjustments, he trades or moves on from talented players while this team starves for NFL talent, etc.

Watch Darnold become a very good QB somewhere else. It was basically impossible for him to succeed here because the Jets never really gave him a true shot. I'm fine with that (now) but this team better change their **** up when the new head coach and QB are here next season.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-18-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Gase had NFL talent in Miami and they sucked. You do realize that Tannehill led the league in passing rating and YPA last year right? Look at how well he is playing this year as well. That Kenyon Drake was a 3rd back sometimes in Miami and had 800 total yards and 8 TDs in 8 games with Arizona last year. That Devonte Parker had 1200 receiving yards with Miami last season. All guys who were mediocre with Gase and have flourished away from him.

The dude is an incompetent coach. Whose fault is it that the Jets keep jettisoning guys away btw? If we believe Gase and Douglas have equal power then he was part of the decision making to let Robbie Anderson leave in FA, release Bell, trade Jamal Adams, etc. Not excusing the talent because we know its mediocre but Gase is the among the biggest problems here. He's an awful playcaller, he doesn't connect with players, he makes no in game adjustments, he trades or moves on from talented players while this team starves for NFL talent, etc.

Watch Darnold become a very good QB somewhere else. It was basically impossible for him to succeed here because the Jets never really gave him a true shot. I'm fine with that (now) but this team better change their **** up when the new head coach and QB are here next season.

That Tannehill ended up on his feet is good news for Darnold. After firing Gase, I'd keep Darnold around and try to trade the overall number one pick for a bunch of high draft picks. Darnold has the talent to build around and a bunch of high picks for the number one along with what we got for Adams should get us on our way (assuming Gase is no longer around). If we spend the pick on Lawrence and let Darnold go for very little (his current market value), it will take years to rebuild.

It is obviously time to build for next year. First move of course is to get Gase out of here before he does more damage to this team. The next moves should be to move on from veterans not part of the rebuild so the younger players can play and see what they have to offer. The McClendon trade is a good start. Guys like Gore, Flacco etc should be next. They should keep players they can build around, like Williams, Poole, Maye and so on. They will have around 120m in cap space but they have to have a core of players or none of the free agents will want to come here. I think Darnold can still be the QB with a different head coach and OC. He looked better just before getting hurt with his running ability and throwing on the run. Lets see how he does the rest of the season and then make a decision about TL and the draft. Best case he plays well to improve his stock but the team keeps losing to hold on to the #1 pick. Should be interesting next couple of weeks.

There seems to be a misconception that the Jets can trade the #1 pick for a load of #1 picks.

Not going to happen.

The only team with draft capital is Jacksonville.
    They have 2 1s and 2 2nds.
    All other teams can only offer future picks and that's not the same, as the expression goes 'a dollar in hand'.

Jacksonville could decide that they will pony up for Lawrence, or decide that Fields is more trade efficient.

If you trade Darnold you could easily gain a 2nd rounder from a team that loses out on Lawrence or Fields.
    Chicago, Minnesota, Atlanta, Washington and Jacksonville would likely inquire about that.
    Giving the Jets 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds.

I believe Darnold has some good football ahead of him, just not sure if it will be here, when it's all said and done.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast