Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The reality of this team is too they showed they have the same issues they had last year. One of the few knocks on LaFleur is his game plan is great to get the lead, but nothing really has shown he can make those adjustments before it gets ugly.

Your right on most of those losses. Philly to me no question would have been a win last year if Davante Adams didn't get hurt he was torching their defense last year.

They've looks pretty bad against physical defenses. Which LAC, TB, and SF all have had. This team is certainly built to be more run up the score board, but games where they are made to be physical they fall flat. Good news for the team they still match up well decently against most teams. The team still looks a little soft. In future games against defenses like these I hope they lean more on Williams/Dillon and use Jones more as receiver. Not saying it would have made a huge difference in this game, but the story of every LaFleur loss really has been the other team has been more physical.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    The reality of this team is too they showed they have the same issues they had last year. One of the few knocks on LaFleur is his game plan is great to get the lead, but nothing really has shown he can make those adjustments before it gets ugly.

Your right on most of those losses. Philly to me no question would have been a win last year if Davante Adams didn't get hurt he was torching their defense last year.

They've looks pretty bad against physical defenses. Which LAC, TB, and SF all have had. This team is certainly built to be more run up the score board, but games where they are made to be physical they fall flat. Good news for the team they still match up well decently against most teams. The team still looks a little soft. In future games against defenses like these I hope they lean more on Williams/Dillon and use Jones more as receiver. Not saying it would have made a huge difference in this game, but the story of every LaFleur loss really has been the other team has been more physical.

and that is why so many of us are critical. Sorry being regular season champs or a top 2 team in the NFC shouldnt make anyone happy when the reason we lose is our refusal to fix our issues that are stopping us from winning a superbowl

If love to fix our problems. But there's no shame in being one of the top 4ish teams in the nfc. We match-up fairly well with some of the other top teams and not so well with some of the others. If we can get home field advantage, I like our chances against Seattle and New Orleans. If it's in GB, I think we'd do okay in a rematch with Tampa. They smoked us for sure, but that was just a game where everything went wrong. I'm not willing to say they are head and shoulders above us. San Fran is a tough match up for us when they are healthy no matter where it is.

I'd love to be the hands down best team in the NFC. But being amongst the top teams doesnt mean we have no chance. No team in the nfc has really seperated themselves. Maybe Seattle a bit but their opponents are 9-20 and they only have 1 win that was by more than 1 score.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 10-20-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Though I do see some parallels from last years mistakes this is no the same story either. This all being said too, there are some differences between TB loss and the SF/LAC losses. SF/LAC both games were just straight over matched physically. While somewhat true in this game they played themselves out of this game too. 2 INTs, 12 pressures on QB, and 4 sacks. The defense really got no pressure, 0 sacks and 1 TFL. Not to mention 6 penalties to their clean game.

To be honest I'm not convinced that this game isn't a different story if the pick 6 doesn't happen. Up to that it was their game. So I would probably agree i don't worry about a rematch as much as last year vs. SF. Though I have concerns as listed above. They played themselves out of winning this as much as they were out physically played. There is certainly a lot more hope from this game.

Yea that pick 6 really turned things then following it up with a other pick was back breaking. Ideally the team would be able to overcome those mistakes, but we didn't.

We were really close to turning this into our kind of game. Get a lead and make teams throw to keep up. It allows pie pass rush to just rush and allows our offense to not get one dimensional. But the pick 6 changed that.

Up 10-0 if there is no pick 6 and GB scores again it is a completely different game. Who knows what happens at that point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123