Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Any word on who's starting tomorrow?
    I expect, whoever it is, it will be all hands on deck. I expect both Urias and Kershaw to get an inning or two on short rest. Maybe Gonsolin opens it

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Any word on who's starting tomorrow?
    Catman. This is my pitching for tomorrow. Gosolin for 2-3 innings more if he is cruising, bring in Urias for 2-3 innings. Then a mix of Brusdar, Kenley, Gonzales and Baez to close out the game. May will start Game 1 of WS if we win. Got to bring your best pitchers tomorrow. don't worry who will pitch game 1 of the WS.

Biggest key to winning tomorrow. DO NOT PITCH KERSHAW. If Kershaw pitches with less than a 5+ run lead we are doomed. Knowing Doc he will try to bring him in the 7th, 8th inning to make him a hero only for him to choke.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I expect, whoever it is, it will be all hands on deck. I expect both Urias and Kershaw to get an inning or two on short rest. Maybe Gonsolin opens it
    Kershaw pitches in a close game we lose. Kershaw must only pitch if we are up 5+ runs or to face 1 hitter only. Don't make the same ****ing mistake like last year where they brought him back out and gave up 2 bombs.

The Kershaw stuff is way overblown.

Most playoff games he’s pitched he’s been very good and we’ve just asked too much of him - usually he’s gone one inning too long.

But he’s also had some very big moments where he’s come up huge.

If I’m DR, Kershaw is getting an inning or two and I live with whatever the outcome. You need innings and, regardless of the narrative, Kershaw is the best arm you have available.

Flawed narratives cannot be allowed to dictate our plan of attack.

Well we definitely have a lot of options tomorrow. I've been wanting another shot at Anderson since Game 2, because I think we can get to him and put up offensive outing.

I like our offense tomorrow since Betts and Turner hit righties better and we will have Rios and Pederson batting instead of Kike and Taylor. Offense needs to put up some early runs to destroy the Braves spirits. We can't afford to have a close game where Doc will have feel the urge to bring in Kershaw. Kershaw MUST only pitch if we are up 5+ runs or to face 1-2 hitters max. Hopping Betts wakes up and hits 1-2 hrs

Here’s how I try to go tomorrow...

Kershaw; 2-3 innings (1 time through the order at most)
    Goose; 1-2 innings
    Urias; 2-3 innings

May; keep him in reserve to help the above 3 if they need a big out or two.

Ultimately, we do not let the Braves see the same pitcher twice. Ideally, that will be enough to get us through 7 and we can turn it over to the high leverage guys...

High leverage
    Graterol
    Gonzalez

Lower leverage relievers
    Floro
    McGee
    Trienen

I might use Trienen or McGee as a setup guy if we’ve got a good cushion to preserve Gonzalez for a specialty need. Graterol is my “closer”, but I’d burn him on the hardest part of the order late in the game.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-17-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Asstros got eliminated.

Great win today for the dodgers but it feels even better for me now that the cheaters are out of it

The Kershaw stuff is way overblown.

Most playoff games he’s pitched he’s been very good and we’ve just asked too much of him - usually he’s gone one inning too long.

But he’s also had some very big moments where he’s come up huge.
    While I agree the Kershaw playoff stuff is totally overblown, it doesn't make much tactical sense to bring him in.

Leave him for game 1 of the WS on extra rest.

There is Gonsolin, Urias, May, Gaterol,

Goose; 1-2 innings
    Urias; 2-3 innings

Ultimately, we do not let the Braves see the same pitcher twice. Ideally, that will be enough to get us through 7 and we can turn it over to the high leverage guys...

High leverage
    Graterol
    Gonzalez

Lower leverage relievers
    Floro
    McGee
    Trienen

I might use Trienen or McGee as a setup guy if we’ve got a good cushion to preserve Gonzalez for a specialty need. Graterol is my “closer”, but I’d burn him on the hardest part of the order late in the game.
    Kershaw is on 2 days rest. Don't put people in a position to fail.

Save him for Game 1 of the World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Kershaw is on 2 days rest. Don't put people in a position to fail.

Save him for Game 1 of the World Series.
    That’s one approach and I don’t necessarily disagree with it... but you have to play to win tomorrow... We can’t just assume the World Series will be there if we trot out Gonsolin, Urias, etc. I think Kershaw can handle 30-45 pitches on two days. May can start game 1 of the WS. Buehler can go in game 2.

IMO, the best alternative is to rearrange the order and only use Kershaw if the game is close and you need him... but I’m sure you can already see that using him in that situation would already be fully criticized and that would be “setting him up for failure”. IMO, DR can’t be worried about narratives, he has to put his best team out there to win one game.

In either case, this is going to be a piecemeal game and I don’t think you can rule out anyone with the exception of the guy who just threw 90 pitches today.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-18-2020 at 01:19 AM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Kershaw should not pitch tomorrow unless he is pitching to get 1 out preferably against Markakis or Camargo. I don't want him to choke and cost us again. I would rather pitch Buehler 1 inning on no rest than risk it with Kershaw.

Ideal scenario Gosolin goes 3 innings. Urias reliefs and goes 3 innings. Then bullpen can handle 3 innings. Praying Betts or Belli has a big game offensively. Both of them have been quiet and we need them to step it up. We can't just rely on Seager to carry the offense.

Goose; 1-2 innings
    Urias; 2-3 innings

High leverage
    Graterol
    Gonzalez

Lower leverage relievers
    Floro
    McGee
    Trienen

Interesting. I don’t see Kelly at all on here. He’s only thrown 18 pitches this series. I’d start him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast