Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    I read there are a few players that are not real happy right now. Some speculate that it could be Rudy and Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I read there are a few players that are not real happy right now. Some speculate that it could be Rudy and Harry.
    We're 1-5. The entire roster is unhappy.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I actually wish we didn't have a bye this week so they could further evaluate before the trade deadline. I think everyone probably knows what it is at this point but another Loss this week would probably shut the door on the season and turn attention to the trade deadline.

Do you guys think Speilman tries to shop anyone this week? The sudden involvement of Smith Jr. makes me wonder if they have been seeking trade partners for Rudy and getting the ball rolling on integrating him into the roster. For a player drafted in Rd 2 and expected to boost the offense he has been not been utilized until now.

I don't know who could realistically be moved but if the season is lost there are pieces with value on this team.
    Rudy is definitely the first to jump to mind when thinking of a trade but his contract will prevent that. He still has 3 years and over 30 million left. He's not the kind of player any contending team will think he can help put them over the top.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Rudy is definitely the first to jump to mind when thinking of a trade but his contract will prevent that. He still has 3 years and over 30 million left. He's not the kind of player any contending team will think he can help put them over the top.
    There's no way any team would trade for a player of his caliber with that contract.

Just one of the many bad contracts our GM has worked out....
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

We're 1-5. The entire roster is unhappy.
    See ya Zimmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    True story...

I dont think Cousins is the problem, its Zimmer and most of all Spielman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am just baffled by comments like this. The problem on the field (where the game is actually played) starts with Cousins. He is terrible. There are 7 qb's with a worse QB rating than him! Pay the man Rick!! Pay the man!! He is maybe less mobile than Bradford was. His bank account is stuffed for life, yet he acts like he's scared to death to get hit/tackled. The only thing reckless about his game, is his decision making when he throws the ball. I can have the satisfaction of saying I was right about him and that I said paying him too much (which we did, twice now) would deplete our roster and we were better off keeping Teddy (if he wasn't permanent damaged goods) or Case and addressing our offensive line. A competent O-line would have saved us money at RB too and that money could have been spent elsewhere. So Cousins play and contract are the two main reasons why we suck and will suck for the foreseeable future. Spielman is the architect behind all of this, so it ultimately falls on him and he should be canned. The new GM should evaluate the coaching staff and go in the direction he sees fit. I am not against Zimmer being axed. But, his work has shown that he's at least an average caliber coach. If we can get an upgrade, by all means lets do it. The reality is the roster decisions RICK has made, has screwed this team. Our window is closed, unless we unload (who's gonna trade for Cousins, unless Bill O'Brien gets another job...) Cousins mess contract. We are in the process of rebuilding our secondary and Harry is getting long in the tooth also. Kendricks is the only good LB we have and our D-line has one top tier player who's future is not even clear. I am betting the Wilf's keep Rick. He'll fire Zimmer "I gave you Kirk Freaking Cousins! And you can't win a Super Bowl Mike!?!?" This organization is a joke. With a new (wrong hire) coach, we could easily be the next NY Jets. BTW, my money says Zimmer retires after this year. He's been around long enough to know a dumpster fire when he sees one.
    Last edited by pavikingsfan; 10-21-2020 at 10:03 AM.

I have to call a time out and defend Cousins here. Kirk is having a bad first 6 games with about 3 good games and 3 bad ones. Kirk is a top 10-15 QB though he is not playing like that at the moment. We have the 5th rated offense according to PFF and that is with the 30th pass bock rate and 29th run block rate. Goes to show you truly how good Dalvin Cook is because Mattison could not do **** on Sunday. Not all of Cousins INT's have been a result of just bad decisions, several of them is because of the pressure.

The biggest problem in the NFL right now is the over value of QB play. There are only maybe 5 QB's that should be considered unmovable at this point (not including any young guys, less than 3 years of play). Teams are paying guys like Kirk way too much money. Unless you have Wilson, Mahomes, Rogers, and maybe a few others you should consider it. The Vikes were not wrong in signing Kirk the first time, they were likely wrong in extending him. Though his cap hits are 15th this year, 9th next year, then #1 in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    There's no way any team would trade for a player of his caliber with that contract.

Just one of the many bad contracts our GM has worked out....
    Well it's not bad for the Vikings really. He can be cut after this season with a cap hit of 4.3 million. Cap savings would be 5.1, 10.2, and 11.6 the next 3 years.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

All I know is we almost beat an undefeated team 2 weeks ago only to lose to a winless team this past Sunday. That's life as a Vikings fan for ya.

Our guard play just sucks straight up and that's making Kirk play scared. I don't blame our vets like Harry and Rudy for being disappointed because this is pretty much their last shot at winning it all. Our team was way too hyped this year.

My two cents. I have always said we should have never signed Cousins. I thought we should of resigned Case for 2 yrs around 22-24. Now if that was the case look at all the money we would of had to spend elsewhere, especially the O-LINE!!!!! I was never behind the Cousins signing and never will be. The contract was ridiculous, giving that contract to a guy that didn't do anything!!!!! Its was funny my brother and I went to the SuperBowl experience when it was in MN and Cousins was there signing autographs and I looked at my brother and said he's our next QB. I didn't get his graph then and I wouldn't get it now. Now I have been a Zimmer and Spielman fan but someone has to bite the bullet for the signing and the GM is that guy. I also wonder if Zim lost the locker room now. When it comes to trading guys Harris, Rudolph are tops on my list, I like Rudie but his contract can go. Harris trade and get something for him before he walks in the offseason. I can not see us getting more than 3-4 wins and we draft a QB. LONG SEASON!!!!!!

I have said it multiple times. Until we get a true franchise QB we are always going to be chasing the half *** option.

We better be in Tank for Trevor mode.

Trevor to JJ

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I have said it multiple times. Until we get a true franchise QB we are always going to be chasing the half *** option.

Trevor to JJ
    I've already accepted the fact we aren't getting Lawrence. I've watched a couple Jets games this year and no matter how bad we are this year we won't be matching the Jets. I'll be shocked if they win a game. I've got my sights set on Justin Fields and the most likely candidate is Trey Lance.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post

Trevor to JJ
    We are not bad enough for Trevor...well maybe we are lol. Jets are really bad but if I were Trevor there is no way in hell I would play for that franchise. The Vikes would need to be bad enough in order to take perhaps Fields...so 2 or 3 likely. Perhaps make a trade then with the Jets. Pipe dream but that's all we got at this point.

The good news is I think there are some pretty good options in the draft for QB after the big 3. Kyle Wilson looks to be good but if we can get Lawrence or Fields you have to jump at that.

I've already accepted the fact we aren't getting Lawrence. I've watched a couple Jets games this year and no matter how bad we are this year we won't be matching the Jets. I'll be shocked if they win a game. I've got my sights set on Justin Fields and the most likely candidate is Trey Lance.
    Yep exactly, Lance is likely our most realistic option given availability. I think Fields will go top 3, not sure we are even bad enough to do that. Maybe if Cousins mysteriously gets hurt lol, do it for the teams Cousins!

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Yep exactly, Lance is likely our most realistic option given availability. I think Fields will go top 3, not sure we are even bad enough to do that. Maybe if Cousins mysteriously gets hurt lol, do it for the teams Cousins!
    I will be very disappointed if Lance is our best option. Not that I don't think he has massive upside but he's going to have a lot of question marks and it's doubtful he can start right away. It'll suck if we finally get a shot at a legit franchise QB and we'll have to take somebody who is more of a project.
    2020 Vikings Draft: