Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Trade him ASAP, its time to move on... the issue is would anyone even want him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'd probably have to trade Rick first. He's the only GM in love with Kirk enough to take him and his inflated price tag. This team is trash for the next few years, unless they get out from under that boneheaded contract and Spielman should already be fired over it. I'm afraid the Wilfs are like the Ford family in Detroit though, and won't fire him. Rick will ship Zimmer end of season. I'm okay with that too, although it won't fix the fact the Rick royally screwed this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Somehow we dropped in the draft order lol were currently 6th

Really?? We cant even suck good enough.

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Really?? We cant even suck good enough.

the team can cut cousins in march and owe him nothing that would save like 40 mill on the cap i dident like this signing but i gave it a chance well that over with now to bad they cant trade him to the other team that wanted him and still owe him nothing after the season,

We should be closer to first pick now w Atlanta beating us and the Giants winning today

Did anyone try and watch Ezra Cleveland? I couldn't pay attention to him watching multiple games but Twitter seems to be saying he was worse than Samia.....

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    the team can cut cousins in march and owe him nothing that would save like 40 mill on the cap i dident like this signing but i gave it a chance well that over with now to bad they cant trade him to the other team that wanted him and still owe him nothing after the season,
    Zimmer has to go before cousins

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    No matter what the Vikings do with Cousins, they will absolutely owe him money. The minimum amount is 20 million.

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

No matter what the Vikings do with Cousins, they will absolutely owe him money. The minimum amount is 20 million.

Give him that $20M now and cut him. I defended the signing, I've defended him prior to this year, but I'm done.
    He's an average QB who's numbers are inflated due to playing from behind every week. He's a turnover machine and this team isn't going anywhere. He's good enough to cause us to win a couple extra games and ruin our draft position. Throw Mannion out there to finish the year and start planning for 2021 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Zimmer has to go before cousins

Unfortunately, I doubt Zimmer will be let go considering he just signed that extension.

With that being said, I have to admit that drafting Lawrence, Fields or Lance and getting Eric Bieniemy as our new HC is looking pretty appealing right now.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Can anyone name me a good DB that Zimmer has "coached up" during his time in Minnesota?

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Did anyone try and watch Ezra Cleveland? I couldn't pay attention to him watching multiple games but Twitter seems to be saying he was worse than Samia.....
    I hadn't really followed up yet on that but one guy I follow said he was expecting Ezra to get an F considering he never played Guard and never played on the right side. He said he thought it was around a C grade though.

Yep that is correct. This to a point is why a team like the 49ers makes sense or hell even the Browns. Because the Vikes would pay $20 million of that first year. And if a trade were to happen there is only 2 years left so small risk with no long term commitment.

This team had Zimmer and were a legit SB contender BEFORE Cousins trash came to town. I would have no problem cleaning house and starting over, because that is the reality of the Cousins signing. We have to now start over. If we're not firing everybody, it should at least go in this order. 1.) Cousins 1.) Spielman 3.) Zimmer.
    Spielman is responsible for the mess, not Zimmer, so Rick should already be fired. Zimmer is at least an average to above average coach. Be careful what you wish for, it could get worse. He at least has made the culture here respectable. Cousins should at least get benched. It's time to move on from it. Cousins just got paid when he had the opportunity, I don't fault him. It's not his fault this organization couldn't do meaningful diligence on him and his history of sucking when it matters. Go back and read the "Kirk Cousins official thread (Poll)" and see all the arm chair quarterbacks on this site who were certain it was gonna start raining Lombardi trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by pavikingsfan View Post
    This team had Zimmer and were a legit SB contender BEFORE Cousins trash came to town. I would have no problem cleaning house and starting over, because that is the reality of the Cousins signing. We have to now start over. If we're not firing everybody, it should at least go in this order. 1.) Cousins 1.) Spielman 3.) Zimmer.
    Spielman is responsible for the mess, not Zimmer, so Rick should already be fired. Zimmer is at least an average to above average coach. Be careful what you wish for, it could get worse. He at least has made the culture here respectable. Cousins should at least get benched. It's time to move on from it. Cousins just got paid when he had the opportunity, I don't fault him. It's not his fault this organization couldn't do meaningful diligence on him and his history of sucking when it matters. Go back and read the "Kirk Cousins official thread (Poll)" and see all the arm chair quarterbacks on this site who were certain it was gonna start raining Lombardi trophies.
    I agree. We were maxing out credit cards and everyone was like "whoa, RS is amazing, can't believe we can afford that". Now we're in debt and will be paying 30% interest for the next 4+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Can anyone name me a good DB that Zimmer has "coached up" during his time in Minnesota?
    Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, Harris, Munnerlyn. Gladney and Dantzler look promising as well.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan