Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Would you make this deal?

Prescott's injury was brutal. I don't see him being ready for next year. I feel really badly for the kid.

If Jerry Jones called the Jets and said they'd give a first for Sam, would you do it?

Ignorance is bliss

Yes

I also think I would take it

Ignorance is bliss

No.

Need more.

Besides for a 1st, they could have Stafford instead.

Also you then assuming that the Jets would bottom out and be in position to draft Lawrence or Fields.

And if they are not, you may end up trading away surplus picks to move up to draft one of them.

I wouldn't expect Dallas to show interest in Sam, at least until they find out how the Red Rocket fares after a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    No.

Need more.

Besides for a 1st, they could have Stafford instead.
    I didn't think of this but now they need a backup for Dalton, If I'm Joe D, I am dangling Joe Flacco

Ignorance is bliss

There’s no way Dallas moves on from Dak.

What makes you think that TL is going to come in a make a difference. When Darnold was drafted, he was thought after as a franchise QB and what did the JETS do, gave a hin a crap OL and no receivers. Everyone was saying Carr was not worth keeping and now look what Gruden has done. Surrounded him with talent and he just beat the unbeatable Chiefs.

I say draft TL and get a boat load from SF who can get out from the Garrapolo contract after this year and who will be looking for a franchise QB. they can offer a bunch. So can Jacksonville. So can the Colts.

Get some talent in here and a real coach and watch this kid perform. I really believe that. I don't want to give up on a 23 yr old. he really hasn't had a fair chance.

Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    What makes you think that TL is going to come in a make a difference. When Darnold was drafted, he was thought after as a franchise QB and what did the JETS do, gave a hin a crap OL and no receivers. Everyone was saying Carr was not worth keeping and now look what Gruden has done. Surrounded him with talent and he just beat the unbeatable Chiefs.

I say draft TL and get a boat load from SF who can get out from the Garrapolo contract after this year and who will be looking for a franchise QB. they can offer a bunch. So can Jacksonville. So can the Colts.

Get some talent in here and a real coach and watch this kid perform. I really believe that. I don't want to give up on a 23 yr old. he really hasn't had a fair chance.
    I don't think TL is the answer.. For the Jets QB is only one answer of many questions.

I definitely like your thoughts. I figured it would be kind of split and so far it has been.
    My feeling was, it would be tough to pass on a first round pick for him seeing that many NFL insiders doubt he would be worthy of a first if the Jets did move on from him.

If I had the first pick? I would most likely trade back I would end up with 3 first round picks this year. I would draft a Lineman, WR and Edge. (Not in that order). If there was a DB sitting in the late first? I may trade our extra first from next year to get him.

This team needs picks and talent.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't think TL is the answer.. For the Jets QB is only one answer of many questions.

I definitely like your thoughts. I figured it would be kind of split and so far it has been.
    My feeling was, it would be tough to pass on a first round pick for him seeing that many NFL insiders doubt he would be worthy of a first if the Jets did move on from him.

If I had the first pick? I would most likely trade back I would end up with 3 first round picks this year. I would draft a Lineman, WR and Edge. (Not in that order). If there was a DB sitting in the late first? I may trade our extra first from next year to get him.

i agree. trade that first pick and get as much as you can. should have $100 million in cap space. Joe needs to spend the right way. I know he likes to get guys on the cheap but sometimes you have to spend for the right fit.

they need talent every where.

I still think the Jets end up with a pick in the 3-5 range, with Chase being the target unless Miami or Cincy pick before us.

Sorry dude, but I disagree with you on TL. As I previously said, I think this guy's floor is a much more accurate Josh Allen. If the guy turns out to be the next Mahomes, how do we look back at this potential opportunity without regret? We all know you need a franchise QB. Sam may still be the answer, but I believe if we wind up picking first, we need to draft Lawrenece. He's the better prospect, and resets the rookie QB salary clock. If we do not pick first, I do not want Fields, I want to keep Darnold and pick the best player available.

Prescott's injury was brutal. I don't see him being ready for next year. I feel really badly for the kid.

If Jerry Jones called the Jets and said they'd give a first for Sam, would you do it?
    Its a clear and decisive yes for me, contingent on 1 detail. JD gets the keys to the car this offseason. Getting a 1st would basically mean landing the #1 pick and having 2 other 1sts (Cowboys & Seahawks) as well as the first pick in the 2nd round (basically another 1st) and 2 more picks in the 3rd. That along with 70+ mill in cap should definitely be enough to surround TL with weapons as well as fill other team needs. We also still have 2 1sts next year to further help TL blossom into the franchise changer everyone pegs him to be. If the Johnson's are still calling shots the **** will likely hit the fan regardless but I believe if JD is the one making the choices it'll be much smoother. And above all else obviously Gase would be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Sorry dude, but I disagree with you on TL. As I previously said, I think this guy's floor is a much more accurate Josh Allen. If the guy turns out to be the next Mahomes, how do we look back at this potential opportunity without regret? We all know you need a franchise QB. Sam may still be the answer, but I believe if we wind up picking first, we need to draft Lawrenece. He's the better prospect, and resets the rookie QB salary clock. If we do not pick first, I do not want Fields, I want to keep Darnold and pick the best player available.

This is my biggest issue with us keeping Darnold at the moment. No way you can justify paying him 20-25 annually based off what he's shown so far. And if you do pay him that how do you expect to surround him with any talent?

I've been saying that all along.
    Lawrence would come in on a fresh rookie scale.

Even though some of you wouldn't consider this, it would be fair to Sam to let him rebrand himself elsewhere if the Jets get the #1 pick.
    We ruined our opportunity to raise the pup through Gase, give Sam an op elsewhere while he still has a chance.

If the Jets pass on Lawrence, Sam will have the weight of the football world on his shoulders for anything and everything Lawrence does right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast