Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you want......????

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • AJ Hinch

2 22.22%
  • Alex Cora

2 22.22%
  • Sandy Alomar Jr

1 11.11%
  • Other (Please Specify)

4 44.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I really don't believe they will be hiring LaRussa. I think it's just a ploy to get the focus off of Hinch.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Cal Ripken
    Didn't put ' between the n and s. Typo using my phone for Christ sake.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    I really don't believe they will be hiring LaRussa. I think it's just a ploy to get the focus off of Hinch.
    May be right on the hiding of intention.

Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    Didn't put ' between the n and s. Typo using my phone ....
    No, you don't know how to spell his name. It's RipkEn not RipkIn. That's not a typo. You could have ignored or simply said Thanks but you choose an awful response back. Stay Classy SSS.

I chose Sandy Alomar, Jr. Of the listed, and looked at candidates, he fits the mold of experience as a bench coach and having stepped up and performed well in Francona's absence. Combined w/his Latino heritage and Spanish speaking ability, he embodies what the White Sox need with this young core group of players. I started looking at previous Sox players, or former players in general, to find a good, young, smart Cuban coach (which would go over superbly with this group). Short of an Alexei Ramirez, El Duque or Contreras, there is not a long list of Cuban-born individuals either a) available, b) experienced or c) known if they'd wish to be a manager.

The position of manager has morphed into a position that, like most things in the modern United States, requires an ability to herd cats and manage young personalities and egos. A baseball manager needs to really know each of his players, what motivates them, and use all the above to get the most out of his players. It's no longer just "using gut instinct," and goes well above understanding and applying analytics. More so than ever, a manager needs to be a leader.

IMO, the White Sox (nor anyone else) should entertain the thought of Hinch or Cora. They made their beds with their choice to cheat. If anyone has ever read the Commissioner's report based on the investigation -- these players knew what they were doing, knew it was wrong, and were just BEGGING to be told not to do so. They were scared they were going to get caught. But continued to do so. Why? Because of these two men (Hinch/Cora). They instilled the culture that it was a-OK, either through direct involved (Cora devised the schemes, led the charge) or applying the ostrich algorithm (Hinch). Many people will say "Well, Hinch didn't do anything or devise anything." To me, as an officer in our military, his role in all of this speaks more volume than anyone else. Hinch knew. And he did nothing. That is a terrible leader. That is not the leader I would want as the influencer to this group of tantalizing talent of a core group of players the Sox have spent meticulously forming during this rebuild. Hinch is the most despicable of any of the individuals involved, to include Cora. Cora was allowed to roam free and get away with this because Hinch gave no accountability or consequences for these actions.

Hard pass on AJ Hinch.
    Wenn Sie dies lesen durch elektronische Übersetzung, Sie sind jetzt noch lahm als Sie waren als Sie zum ersten Mal las und verstand es nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by pentel1980 View Post
    I chose Sandy Alomar, Jr. Of the listed, and looked at candidates, he fits the mold of experience as a bench coach and having stepped up and performed well in Francona's absence. Combined w/his Latino heritage and Spanish speaking ability, he embodies what the White Sox need with this young core group of players. I started looking at previous Sox players, or former players in general, to find a good, young, smart Cuban coach (which would go over superbly with this group). Short of an Alexei Ramirez, El Duque or Contreras, there is not a long list of Cuban-born individuals either a) available, b) experienced or c) known if they'd wish to be a manager.

The position of manager has morphed into a position that, like most things in the modern United States, requires an ability to herd cats and manage young personalities and egos. A baseball manager needs to really know each of his players, what motivates them, and use all the above to get the most out of his players. It's no longer just "using gut instinct," and goes well above understanding and applying analytics. More so than ever, a manager needs to be a leader.

IMO, the White Sox (nor anyone else) should entertain the thought of Hinch or Cora. They made their beds with their choice to cheat. If anyone has ever read the Commissioner's report based on the investigation -- these players knew what they were doing, knew it was wrong, and were just BEGGING to be told not to do so. They were scared they were going to get caught. But continued to do so. Why? Because of these two men (Hinch/Cora). They instilled the culture that it was a-OK, either through direct involved (Cora devised the schemes, led the charge) or applying the ostrich algorithm (Hinch). Many people will say "Well, Hinch didn't do anything or devise anything." To me, as an officer in our military, his role in all of this speaks more volume than anyone else. Hinch knew. And he did nothing. That is a terrible leader. That is not the leader I would want as the influencer to this group of tantalizing talent of a core group of players the Sox have spent meticulously forming during this rebuild. Hinch is the most despicable of any of the individuals involved, to include Cora. Cora was allowed to roam free and get away with this because Hinch gave no accountability or consequences for these actions.

Hard pass on AJ Hinch.
    You made a compelling argument for Alomar, he would be my second choice behind Hinch.

I know you don't want Hinch but he's my top choice.

Not sure where he got "players were Begging" to be stopped, when it was all their idea....

I prefer Bochy....

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Not sure where he got "players were Begging" to be stopped, when it was all their idea....
    Many of the players who were interviewed admitted that they knew the scheme was wrong because it crossed the line from what the player believed was fair competition and/or violated MLB rules. Players stated that if Manager A.J. Hinch told them to stop engaging in the conduct, they would have immediately stopped.
    Although the Astros’ players did not attempt to hide what they were doing from Hinch or other Astros employees, they were concerned about getting caught by players from other teams. Several players told my investigators that there was a sense of “panic” in the Astros’ dugout after White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar appeared to notice the trashcan bangs. Before the game ended, a group of Astros players removed the monitor from the wall in the tunnel and hid it in an office
    Some Astros players told my investigators that they did not believe the sign-stealing scheme was effective, and it was more distracting than useful to hitters.
    If you ever get the opportunity to lead a group of professionals in high leverage situations and utilize intuition and soft skills, you'll infer from said hotwash information that this depicts a strong desire to have had an actual leader step in and provide the guidance and morality they knew was right all along.
    Wenn Sie dies lesen durch elektronische Übersetzung, Sie sind jetzt noch lahm als Sie waren als Sie zum ersten Mal las und verstand es nicht.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12