Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    nah, I think we are good at WR. Once guys get healthy we look pretty good there. Defense needs to be the focus.
    Totally agree. Not a fan of needing to score 40 points every time to win a game.

Not suggesting it, but Jets just released LeVeon Bell.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkett4HoF View Post
    Not suggesting it, but Jets just released LeVeon Bell.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk
    I mean things change over a year but Raiders were heavily in the signing Bell race. Wonder if they are it again.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean things change over a year but Raiders were heavily in the signing Bell race. Wonder if they are it again.
    Would he play for a reasonable contract?

Would he be disruptive to the locker room?

Will he be willing to be a role player? With Jacobs he won’t be the primary back.

IMO our defense has more holes to fill talent wise, but still worth a call to his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Totally agree. Not a fan of needing to score 40 points every time to win a game.
    Not a fan of needing to, but definitely a fan of wanting to!

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Would he play for a reasonable contract?

Would he be disruptive to the locker room?

Will he be willing to be a role player? With Jacobs he won’t be the primary back.

IMO our defense has more holes to fill talent wise, but still worth a call to his agent.
    I mean pretty much every team already has a starting RB. He wouldnt be the primary no matter which team he went to.

He is getting like 6M for the remainder of the season from the Jets so likely would take a reasonable deal to be with a team that could improve his stock.

I have not seen any reports calling him a bad teammate. After his release I havent seen anything really calling him out. If he a lockers rooms favorite person probably not but he is not a Antonio Brown or Earl Thomas from what Ive seen regarding his character with others.

Earl Thomas I dont believe fits what Gruden and Mayock like. After him not really any players that I see would be difference makers on defense. Bell is Grudens system I do feel can be successful. Mayock and Gruden offered him a large contract during his free agency so we know they do like him.

If Raiders never look his way I understand. Not saying that Bell is even a need. Just saying he is an upgrade over Richard and Booker.

From Raiders Hard knocks last season
    Last edited by HunterNRoss; 10-14-2020 at 12:53 AM.

As good as JJ is, Bell would be the 1A guy if he can still play like he did on the Steelers. He would just make the offense that much more dynamic with his ability as a pass catcher. Bell can line up in the slot too though so he and JJ could share the field. Gruden would move him around as much as he moves Waller.

It's just a matter of where Bell is at physically. It's hard to know because you can't judge him by what he did under Gase the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    As good as JJ is, Bell would be the 1A guy if he can still play like he did on the Steelers. He would just make the offense that much more dynamic with his ability as a pass catcher. Bell can line up in the slot too though so he and JJ could share the field. Gruden would move him around as much as he moves Waller.

It's just a matter of where Bell is at physically. It's hard to know because you can't judge him by what he did under Gase the last 2 years.
    Bell has been a great pass catching back on got 1 target last week. Gase has not been good at putting Bell in positions to succeed.

Also not sure if Vic is trolling us or hinting at interest here:

Bell reportedly was in great shape. The jets OL issues made him look bad. He would come in and instantly reduce Jacobs to timesharing. I would consider both him and green if he were available. I know we do t have an endless supply of cap space, so I’d have to see those numbers before making an all in statement.

But as much as we say we’re ok at WR, injuries/covid can make our team weak at the position easily. So I wouldn’t be against gaining a great player at WR or RB. I think we likely would have won one of the games we lost if we had a player like green. One or two more wins in the season can be big.

I'd definitely reach out to Bell's camp. Mostly to see where he's at mentally. If his mind is right, the body will follow. We certainly have a better offense than the NYETs, and if Bell needs a rah-rah head coach to defibrillate his career, you can't beat Gruden for that.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Bell reportedly was in great shape. The jets OL issues made him look bad. He would come in and instantly reduce Jacobs to timesharing. I would consider both him and green if he were available. I know we do t have an endless supply of cap space, so I’d have to see those numbers before making an all in statement.

But as much as we say we’re ok at WR, injuries/covid can make our team weak at the position easily. So I wouldn’t be against gaining a great player at WR or RB. I think we likely would have won one of the games we lost if we had a player like green. One or two more wins in the season can be big.
    I wouldn't be mad at a timeshare situation. JJ takes a lot of hits and runs inside a lot, so chances are that he will miss games at some point. That's also a lot of wear for a RB. Gruden ran Cadillac Williams into the ground in just a couple of seasons when he was at Tampa Bay and I wouldn't want that to happen to JJ.

You're also right about COVID. Green would be a great get but I don't know how willing the Bengals are to trade him. Don't they want to put Burrows in a position to succeed? Since Bell will likely sign for cheap this season (Jets are still paying him $6M), I think they could work the cap to fit Bell and Green.

We need to drop Morrow and add Kendricks ASAP, Also I really think our coverage defense changed a bit when Harris was hurt and Heath came in..

Eric Reid, Dix And I'd love to see whats up with Jefferson... He was one of the top safeties in the league, Then struggles in Baltimore

I like Harris but he isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We need to drop Morrow and add Kendricks ASAP, Also I really think our coverage defense changed a bit when Harris was hurt and Heath came in..

Eric Reid, Dix And I'd love to see whats up with Jefferson... He was one of the top safeties in the league, Then struggles in Baltimore

And Weedle could be lured out of retirement for the right fit and $s I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean pretty much every team already has a starting RB. He wouldnt be the primary no matter which team he went to.

He is getting like 6M for the remainder of the season from the Jets so likely would take a reasonable deal to be with a team that could improve his stock.

I have not seen any reports calling him a bad teammate. After his release I havent seen anything really calling him out. If he a lockers rooms favorite person probably not but he is not a Antonio Brown or Earl Thomas from what Ive seen regarding his character with others.

Earl Thomas I dont believe fits what Gruden and Mayock like. After him not really any players that I see would be difference makers on defense. Bell is Grudens system I do feel can be successful. Mayock and Gruden offered him a large contract during his free agency so we know they do like him.

If Raiders never look his way I understand. Not saying that Bell is even a need. Just saying he is an upgrade over Richard and Booker.

From Raiders Hard knocks last season
    I have to disagree on booker. Bell havesnt avged over 3.2 yards a carry since 2017.
    Booker over the last 3 years has averaged 4.9 yards a carry. And it’s over 210 carries. He is a very good back. I think he averages 5.9 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post

Morrow is soooo bad. I agree there.
    Too bad we didn’t get Blake Martinez! Makes me so angry. Everyone knows he’s good, a tackling machine and can get to the qb. Annnnd instead we go with morrow and a part timer in kwaitkoski. Do you know what he did last year? 155 tackles! Year before? 144! Year before that? 144! And added 11 sacks. Oh well. I think lb and corner are huuuge needs right now. Heath didn’t look bad at safety.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast