Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Any coaches we could sign or trade for?

Glaser brothers want a second crack at Gruden after Ariens is finished building the Bucs?
    Get don martindale or singletary to be dc

Good thing we drafted that amazing sack master, Ferrell. I like hearing how he has the nfl record for most almost sacks, or could have had a sack sacks, or qb pressures before they throw a 30 yard strike. Bust

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Good thing we drafted that amazing sack master, Ferrell. I like hearing how he has the nfl record for most almost sacks, or could have had a sack sacks, or qb pressures before they throw a 30 yard strike. Bust
    We find ourselves a linebacker who can blitz we won't have to rely on Ferrell.

I think the FO was holding off to see how we did this week to figure if we were buyers or sellers at the deadline. Let's go shopping boys...

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    We find ourselves a linebacker who can blitz we won't have to rely on Ferrell.
    It wonít matter if our defensive coordinator wonít let them blitz

He's had two really good games this year, including a hair-on-fire pressure fest in Kansas City.

He has not lived up to expectations, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    He's had two really good games this year, including a hair-on-fire pressure fest in Kansas City.

Expectations for the number 4 pick yea but no one expected him to go number 4. We reached like no other. Thatís not on him thatís on Mayock and Gruden. We could have easily traded down and got him him.

It's too quiet. I know they're not going to just stand pat. I know we won, but this team can still get much better than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Itís been 22 games with him and he has a grand total of 4 sacks. 0 in 7 games this year. He has had a lot of pressures. But some pressures QBs take of running and others completing passes out of the pocket. Sacks are definitive. Your not going anywhere. 0 sacks this year.

Itís been 22 games with him and he has a grand total of 4 sacks. 0 in 7 games this year. He has had a lot of pressures. But some pressures QBs take of running and others completing passes out of the pocket. Sacks are definitive. Your not going anywhere. 0 sacks this year.
    Yeah I was hoping for a Kolton Miller-esque improvement from year 1 to year 2. Instead it's been more like a small step forward, rather than a leap.

Look, he's not terrible. He looks like an NFL player. Just not a particularly special one, at least thus far.

I suspect that if we had that one disruptive guy up front, both Ferrell and Crosby would look much better. But those two just aren't lead guys.

Honestly, the entire defensive line has been disappointing. Maliek Collins comes to mind. But they have time still to change the label of underachievers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Yeah I was hoping for a Kolton Miller-esque improvement from year 1 to year 2. Instead it's been more like a small step forward, rather than a leap.

Look, he's not terrible. He looks like an NFL player. Just not a particularly special one, at least thus far.

I suspect that if we had that one disruptive guy up front, both Ferrell and Crosby would look much better. But those two just aren't lead guys.
    I'd give up a 1st round pick for Quinnen Williams, just so we can get better production from Salt and Pepper. Q and Mo can anchor the DT position for years to come. I think the addition of Q can do wonders for this defense. Better pass rush, better overall defense. Our DBs will look that much better with a better pass rush.

I agree with you mmbt. We need a JJ Watt injuries and all to be a leader and the attention getter for the offense. He may not be what he was before the injury but offenses still have game plan for him. The other person I would look at is Stephon Gilmore with the Pats. I believe that Bill wants to conduct a fire sale to get Lawrence and show TB that the success of the Pats was on Bill's "genius" alone.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    I'd give up a 1st round pick for Quinnen Williams, just so we can get better production from Salt and Pepper. Q and Mo can anchor the DT position for years to come. I think the addition of Q can do wonders for this defense. Better pass rush, better overall defense. Our DBs will look that much better with a better pass rush.
    I read where Williams now has a hamstring injury and those things can take a season and offseason to heal properly. Do we want to get him now for next year or do we want someone who can contribute right now? That is the question that Mayock and Gruden need to answer. The road to the AFC Championship is as a Wild Card which means that if we make the playoffs will be all road games. I say get Gilmore so that those almost sacks will become sacks because our back end coverage will be better!

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    I read where Williams now has a hamstring injury and those things can take a season and offseason to heal properly. Do we want to get him now for next year or do we want someone who can contribute right now? That is the question that Mayock and Gruden need to answer. The road to the AFC Championship is as a Wild Card which means that if we make the playoffs will be all road games. I say get Gilmore so that those almost sacks will become sacks because our back end coverage will be better!
    Great talent, but I don't think they go after him unless the hamstring isn't that serious. Trent Brown on defense we don't need, even if it's not his fault that he's been out. Someone to come in and contribute sometime in the next 3 weeks would be great.

Gilmore is intriguing, but I don't see giving him up cheap. Every great dynasty eventually hits that wall where their rep is greater than the talent that they put on the field. Belly-chick will want to load up on as many draft picks as he can get his hands on for the next two drafts. Gilmore might net him a relatively high draft pick from someone.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast