Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 220
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    One of them has a superstar though. #FulghamTrain


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fulgatron

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,298
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Fulgatron
    He ainít no Mapletron though.

    For real though, I think Fulgham is legit. I never bet against guys that fight at every level like him. Heís a good tactician at the WR position.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    461
    I think what hurts Dak in negotiations with Jerry is/was the immense talent on offense surrounding Dak. Great o-line with Smith, Martin, Frederick who were definite pro bowlers and even all-pro. Stud rb in Zeke and a #1 in Cooper and solid deep threat in Gallup. That $ could've been used to extend Dak or spend on the defense, which is desperately needed now. A great situation for a qb on their rookie deal to step in to. So I don't think Dak had to carry this team over the course of his rookie deal. Now, I think it's a different situation with Frederick retiring and Tyron Smith falling apart health wise.

    To me it's a no-brainer not to sign him long term and I felt that way before the injury. I think you can get 80% of Dak's production at only 20% of the cost in Dalton or another veteran qb. Use the difference in $ on defense and/or o-line. And remember the only stats that matter are W's and L's. Jerry made Zeke a top paid rb so he needs to be used and abused all season long. The injury just really complicates things .

    I will never understand the logic of paying a qb $30+ mil when they're surrounded with loads of talent. For now, Russ and Mahomes are the top tier and there should be a significant drop off to the next tier in terms of $.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    So if a QB has several picks dropped and has awful throws end up as TDs because the receiver bails him out, I should ignore that he visibly looks bad because of his stats and wins? Because that's literally Kyle Allen 2019, which I said all along he was bad, but the media and casual idiots swore he was the future of the franchise.
    No one is asking you to ignore anything. Sigh
    Talent should be weighed.
    Why are the only options that it be 100 percent or zero?
    No one is dismissing like some of you are trying to strawman. Itís just severely overused.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Why? It's pretty easy to predict that next year's cap will be $175 million.
    We will have to wait and see. Plus it was also irrelevant as you canít fault the cowboys for a shrinking cap.
    Your argument was wrong on so many different levels.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    89,095
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    No one is asking you to ignore anything. Sigh
    Talent should be weighed.
    Why are the only options that it be 100 percent or zero?
    No one is dismissing like some of you are trying to strawman. Itís just severely overused.
    You claim stats should mean more, your words.

    Stats without context is useless.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He ainít no Mapletron though.

    For real though, I think Fulgham is legit. I never bet against guys that fight at every level like him. Heís a good tactician at the WR position.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The way fulgham was catching balls, it didnít look like some scrub was just getting perfectly placed balls. He was abusing cornerbacks with his size. Kinda looked like a young alshon Jeffery actually. I donít expect him to keep it up of course but either way heís been a pleasant surprise so far

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You claim stats should mean more, your words.

    Stats without context is useless.
    Why no context???
    Itís all or nothing always with you.
    Thereís always context and adjustments but the stats have to take precedent.
    Iíve always said that a guy with inferior stats can be better then a guy with better stats but some take this context and abuse it to no end.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    89,095
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Why no context???
    Itís all or nothing always with you.
    Thereís always context and adjustments but the stats have to take precedent.
    Iíve always said that a guy with inferior stats can be better then a guy with better stats but some take this context and abuse it to no end.
    Itís not all or nothing, never has been.

    Three posts ago you said ďstats weigh a lot moreĒ.

    Thatís a bad take.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Itís not all or nothing, never has been.

    Three posts ago you said ďstats weigh a lot moreĒ.

    Thatís a bad take.
    Itís not. It definitely should be weighed more.
    The good ole eye test from beer guzzling couch potatoes might appeal to you but I prefer facts to back up a claim. And yes context is added in to that too.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    No one is asking you to ignore anything. Sigh
    Talent should be weighed.
    Why are the only options that it be 100 percent or zero?
    No one is dismissing like some of you are trying to strawman. Itís just severely overused.
    I donít think anybody is claiming it should be ď100 percent or zeroĒ.

    Simply put, stats matter but surrounding talent and scheme also matter. Dallas is absolutely stacked on offense, makes it way easier than say Philadelphia where they mostly have late round rookies to throw to.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I donít think anybody is claiming it should be ď100 percent or zeroĒ.

    Simply put, stats matter but surrounding talent and scheme also matter. Dallas is absolutely stacked on offense, makes it way easier than say Philadelphia where they mostly have late round rookies to throw to.
    Well then weíre mostly agreeing arenít we?
    How would you weigh stats and talent? On a scale of a 100 percent.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    18,192
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    We will have to wait and see. Plus it was also irrelevant as you canít fault the cowboys for a shrinking cap.
    Your argument was wrong on so many different levels.
    No, it wasn't.

    It was predictable during free agency already that the 2021 cap would shrink, because we knew COVID would affect the 2020 NFL season.

    If the NFL and NFLPA hadn't agreed to a floor, then Dak's 2nd tag could have easily taken up a third of the Cowboys salary cap, meaning he would have been guaranteed to become a free agent.

    But as I said, Jerry Jones gambled and won.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    18,192
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Well then weíre mostly agreeing arenít we?
    How would you weigh stats and talent? On a scale of a 100 percent.
    Ideally you wouldn't weigh stats at all.

    But it's not possible for one person to watch so much film as to do that; never mind doing it accurately.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 10-13-2020 at 10:33 AM.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    No, it wasn't.

    It was predictable during free agency already that the 2021 cap would shrink, because we knew COVID would affect the 2020 NFL season.

    If the NFL and NFLPA hadn't agreed to a floor, then Dak's 2nd tag could have easily taken up a third of the Cowboys salary cap, meaning he would have been guaranteed to become a free agent.

    But as I said, Jerry Jones gambled and won.
    You keep saying that and I keep proving you wrong.
    Jerry really had no decision to make. He offered what he perceived to be a fair contract and couldnít let him walk. You can franchise someone and realize thereís a strong chance they will improve. Itís not ideal but sometimes itís a must final resort.
    This idea that he franchised him for any other reason is flawed. You donít pay a player 31 million a year hoping they fail?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •