Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 220
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    So they were forced to tag Dak?

    That's the crux of my argument, not Dak's asking price.

    If a team isn't hoping a player's asking price drops (regardless of how high it is), then there is no reason to let him play on the franchise tag.

    If a front office doesn't think a player will agree to a long-term contract they are offering, then it makes more sense to trade him.

    Jerry Jones' hope of signing Dak long-term rested on him playing poorly on the tag or missing games. So Jerry won that gamble.
    You can tag a player and realize itís for one year??? Of course the goal is to make every effort for a longterm deal. Maybe they were hoping he would come to his senses?
    You canít just let the player walk.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    A qb that misses 8 games is more valuable to a team whose qb misses 11.
    A qb who plays in the post season is more valuable than your regular season hero.

    Anyway we are all past this, but go on about how Carson Wentz helped his team win the super bowl being a regular season award winner.

    You would think with the way you hype him up he is a top 5 all time QB, and hes probably not even a top 10 qb in the league currently.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,163
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    A qb that misses 8 games is more valuable to a team whose qb misses 11.
    Depends on how you look at it.

    In raw numbers, yes, 8 < 11.

    Now lets say Player A missed 8 games in 8 different seasons that would have been pivital to each individual seasons' success. Then that is an exponentially worse scenario that player A misses 8 games in 8 seasons because each game impacted the entire season.

    Now then, lets say Player B misses 11 games in 1 season. Without a doubt, missing that entire season impacts that 1 season. Nevertheless, this does not have any negative effect on the seasons following this injured season.

    Another way I look at it a person needing 8 medical procedures in the course of 8 years versus a person needing 11 medical procedures but getting it all done in the same year. Assuming both people have the exact same insurance with the exact same deductible/out-of-pocket max... it's more lucrative to meet your deductible and/or out-of-pocket max in 1 year on the first procedure, than having to meet it 8 years in a row doing 1 procedure each year. Don't ask me why I used this analogy... it made sense at the time.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  4. #109
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    18,192
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    You can tag a player and realize itís for one year??? Of course the goal is to make every effort for a longterm deal. Maybe they were hoping he would come to his senses?
    You canít just let the player walk.
    The asking price only goes up if the player has a season that would justify another tag.

    If Jerry Jones didn't want to pay Dak this year, what makes you think he would pay him after another Top 5 statistical season?

    Jerry's chances of signing Dak long-term increased immensely with the injury. So he won the gamble.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Depends on how you look at it.

    In raw numbers, yes, 8 < 11.

    Now lets say Player A missed 8 games in 8 different seasons that would have been pivital to each individual seasons' success. Then that is an exponentially worse scenario that player A misses 8 games in 8 seasons because each game impacted the entire season.

    Now then, lets say Player B misses 11 games in 1 season. Without a doubt, missing that entire season impacts that 1 season. Nevertheless, this does not have any negative effect on the seasons following this injured season.

    Another way I look at it a person needing 8 medical procedures in the course of 8 years versus a person needing 11 medical procedures but getting it all done in the same year. Assuming both people have the exact same insurance with the exact same deductible/out-of-pocket max... it's more lucrative to meet your deductible and/or out-of-pocket max in 1 year on the first procedure, than having to meet it 8 years in a row doing 1 procedure each year. Don't ask me why I used this analogy... it made sense at the time.
    On top of that he is not counting the 5 playoff games Foles started. That brings Wentz total to 13 games missed due to injury.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The asking price only goes up if the player has a season that would justify another tag.

    If Jerry Jones didn't want to pay Dak this year, what makes you think he would pay him after another Top 5 statistical season?

    Jerry's chances of signing Dak long-term increased immensely with the injury. So he won the gamble.
    Things might of turned out well for him but he didnít gamble. There wasnít really any other alternative. Basically tagging him for two year was a 2 year 69 million deal. For an average of almost 35 million.
    So he probably thought at least we can enjoy two more years before we go to plan B.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    41,415

    Dak Prescott ankle injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    On top of that he is not counting the 5 playoff games Foles started. That brings Wentz total to 13 games missed due to injury.
    While BDawkís 8 less than 11 argument is avoiding the appropriate context (I was going to post something similar to Redrum) I donít think you can count playoff games in this. Cowboys go on to win the SB this season, not going to say Dak missed 3-4 extra games.

    Regular season games are the only guarantee games in a season.

    I guess you can get ticky tack and add one more game onto Wentz total since the Eagles did clinch the playoffs when he went down in 2017 making at least one game a guarantee.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    While BDawkís 8 less than 11 argument is avoiding the appropriate context (I was going to post something similar to Redrum) I donít think you can count playoff games in this. Cowboys go on to win the SB this season, not going to say Dak missed 3-4 extra games.

    Regular season games are the only guarantee games in a season.

    I guess you can get ticky tack and add one more game onto Wentz total since the Eagles did clinch the playoffs when he went down in 2017 making at least one game a guarantee.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IF he wants to say Wentz helped win that super bowl, then we count all of them, he wants to jump back and forth across the fence.

    Cam was my teams QB he got injured in back to back years, guess what he is injury prone now. Its the same for any QB, one injury does not make you injury prone. Multiple injuries across multiple seasons makes you injury prone.
    Last edited by Nunuu; 10-12-2020 at 06:20 PM.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Byron Jones was signed long-term?


    This year Dak makes $31.4 mil on a cap of $198.2 mil = 15.8%.

    Next year the agreed upon floor is $175 mil, which will certainly be hit. So Dak making $37.7 mil / $175 mil = 21.5%.

    21.5% of the 2020 cap would be $42.7 million. So that's what Dak would cost next year in 2020 terms.
    Well if we use the floor I guess so. Lol
    While the floor has been established why dont we revisit this when we know what the cap really is?

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Dak got offered near top dollar average at one point. Dak is nowhere close to the top QB in the league. Therefore, we can put the question of who messed up the contract situation to bed.
    That's not how QB contracts work when its your turn in line. You should know that. Anyone around top 10 will typically jump up to top 3 or 4 when it is their turn. That is how the game is played. Many consider Dak to be a top 5 to 7 QB in the league now starting to enter his prime.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,803
    At the end of the day I just hope he makes a full recovery without the type of life threatening infection that Alex Smith suffered from. Imagine how marketable Dak will be if he can complete a successful comeback. Advertisers already love him as the dude is everywhere on national campaigns such as yogurt, mattresses, soup, pepsi etc.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    41,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    IF he wants to say Wentz helped win that super bowl, then we count all of them, he wants to jump back and forth across the fence.
    Words have gotten twisted with that and not let go as I think Wentz absolutely helped them Ďwin the Sb.í He obviously didnít help them in the game but he absolutely got them to the playoffs and was 1 win away from securing home field throughout.

    Wentz had nothing to do with the team once the playoffs started though, I can admit that. Thatís why I wouldnít count the playoff games as missed outside of the one he guaranteed them to be in.

    Foles had more to do with them winning the SB due to the games played but Iíll stand by that I donít believe the Eagles get to the SB if Foles was the starter the whole season.

    I think you need to have your team in the playoffs to get any sort of credit. Itís like right now. Cowboys go on to win the SB, I donít think Dak should get any credit since they are 2-3 and not even close to guaranteeing a spot in the playoffs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    41,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    IF he wants to say Wentz helped win that super bowl, then we count all of them, he wants to jump back and forth across the fence.

    Cam was my teams QB he got injured in back to back years, guess what he is injury prone now. Its the same for any QB, one injury does not make you injury prone. Multiple injuries across multiple seasons makes you injury prone.
    The only thing I disageee with on the injury front is if they are related injuries.

    The ACL and the concussion were not related. The back and compensating, sure that was related to the ACL recovery.

    I canít consider the concussion any more than a fluke and if they won and he cleared protocol, he was playing in the next game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Words have gotten twisted with that and not let go as I think Wentz absolutely helped them Ďwin the Sb.í He obviously didnít help them in the game but he absolutely got them to the playoffs and was 1 win away from securing home field throughout.

    Wentz had nothing to do with the team once the playoffs started though, I can admit that. Thatís why I wouldnít count the playoff games as missed outside of the one he guaranteed them to be in.

    Foles had more to do with them winning the SB due to the games played but Iíll stand by that I donít believe the Eagles get to the SB if Foles was the starter the whole season.

    I think you need to have your team in the playoffs to get any sort of credit. Itís like right now. Cowboys go on to win the SB, I donít think Dak should get any credit since they are 2-3 and not even close to guaranteeing a spot in the playoffs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I think you actually have to suit up and play in the playoffs to help win a superbowl. Sure he helped get his team to the playoffs but that is it.

    If Dallas makes the playoffs Dak helped them get there by winning 2 games. I see what you are saying, but it can be stretched anyway to fit any narrative you want it to.

    If dallas makes the playoffs and wins games Dak should get 0 credit just as Wentz should get for his teams playoff success, IMO

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,430
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    That's not how QB contracts work when its your turn in line. You should know that. Anyone around top 10 will typically jump up to top 3 or 4 when it is their turn. That is how the game is played. Many consider Dak to be a top 5 to 7 QB in the league now starting to enter his prime.
    He was offered top money and is not a top 5 QB. Without putting thought into, I doubt he's in a lot of peoples top 10. So if you're offered top money and choose to bet on yourself, it's hard to fault the team.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •