Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=Nunuu;33650476]
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Well we definitely know Wentz was not capable of wining one...care to tell us why?
    But letís not pretend he wasnít capable.

[QUOTE=BDawk4Prez;33650495]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post

But letís not pretend he wasnít capable.
    He was not capable, that is why Foles was playing....

[QUOTE=Nunuu;33650499]

He was not capable, that is why Foles was playing....
    Not the context being used but sure, in that sense, he wasnít.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If Dak had hit free agency, there's no doubt he would have gotten the contract he wanted.

So if Dak had played another Top 5 season, Jerry Jones would have had the following options:

1) Tag Dak a second time for $38 mil, which will account for roughly 22% of a team's salary cap next year, meaning more talented players would have to leave Dallas.
    2) Sign Dak to the contract he wanted this year, except a little more expensive even.
    3) Let Dak leave in free agency.

All three are bad.

The only prospect Jerry Jones had of keeping Dak long-term at a more team-friendly salary is if Dak was underperforming -- or missing multiple games to injury.

There's no other reason teams let players play on the franchise tag.
    What other talented players would the Cowboys lose by franchising Dak again? Pretty much all of their best players are already signed long term, except Dak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wentz has missed 8 games that were guaranteed for him to play in.

Dak will miss 11 this season.
    Over the course of how many seasons were those 8 games he missed? In How many seasons was he forced to miss those 8 games? All 11 games for Dak will be in 1 season.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Your assuming they lowballed him. Iím working on the premise that they offered him a contract that you guys would of made fun of. Being to high. I believe that Dak unilaterally made this decision. I think the Jones were put in a impossible position.
    They offered him a fair contract, he just thought he could do better. Thatís his right not to sign the deal on the table and instead bet on himself. Unfortunately he lost big on his bet. He was on pace for over 6,000 yards. If he had been able to finish the season he likely would have got a contract between $40M-$45M/per. This team/offense will have to go completely off the rails I think for them to franchise Dak again.

Daks inability to get to the playoffs shouldn't be a knock on Wentz, but neither should freak injuries, yet here we are again.

So, if Dallas makes the playoffs this season, that's a knock on Dak? But if they don't, you'll carry on as if the injury didn't occur when you compare the two.

I honestly thought you were better than this, but hey, surf evolved and you kind of took that spot on PSD I guess.
    Dak has made the playoffs as many times as Wentzís team, only difference is that Dak has actually played in a playoff game and actually won a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Please explain how a site that tracks injury history is "one of the dumbest things" when talking a players injury.
    Because it doesnít fit his agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    What other talented players would the Cowboys lose by franchising Dak again? Pretty much all of their best players are already signed long term, except Dak.

Apparently that 6 million increase would force them to cut 12 players.

Dak has made the playoffs as many times as Wentzís team, only difference is that Dak has actually played in a playoff game and actually won a playoff game.

Wentz has played in one. He hasnít won one though.

Because it doesnít fit his agenda.

Whatís my agenda other than you canít blindly put a percentage on how someone may get injured. The tracking part is neat, the magic 8 ball piece is dumb. Thatís not agenda. Thatís common sense.

Whatís my agenda other than you canít blindly put a percentage on how someone may get injured. The tracking part is neat, the magic 8 ball piece is dumb. Thatís not agenda. Thatís common sense.
    There are gambling sites where you can gamble on who is the next QB to get hurt.
    Wentz is almost double more likely to get hurt then almost everyone so wagering on him would not yield a high return.

Over the course of how many seasons were those 8 games he missed? In How many seasons was he forced to miss those 8 games? All 11 games for Dak will be in 1 season.

A qb that misses 8 games is more valuable to a team whose qb misses 11.

Your assuming they lowballed him. Iím working on the premise that they offered him a contract that you guys would of made fun of. Being to high. I believe that Dak unilaterally made this decision. I think the Jones were put in a impossible position.
    So they were forced to tag Dak?

That's the crux of my argument, not Dak's asking price.

If a team isn't hoping a player's asking price drops (regardless of how high it is), then there is no reason to let him play on the franchise tag.

If a front office doesn't think a player will agree to a long-term contract they are offering, then it makes more sense to trade him.

Jerry Jones' hope of signing Dak long-term rested on him playing poorly on the tag or missing games. So Jerry won that gamble.

Byron Jones was signed long-term?

Apparently that 6 million increase would force them to cut 12 players.
    This year Dak makes $31.4 mil on a cap of $198.2 mil = 15.8%.

Next year the agreed upon floor is $175 mil, which will certainly be hit. So Dak making $37.7 mil / $175 mil = 21.5%.

21.5% of the 2020 cap would be $42.7 million. So that's what Dak would cost next year in 2020 terms.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast