Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Wents is reminding me a lot of Ben. A freak-ish injury took away most of a season, miss games here and there, but there's always something with them. Something that lands them on the report. Something that can be a reason for not having perfect play.

But I agree there's no comparing Dak's injury to some of what Wentz has had. Dak doesn't get these frequent nagging injuries that pop up each season.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Wents is reminding me a lot of Ben. A freak-ish injury took away most of a season, miss games here and there, but there's always something with them. Something that lands them on the report. Something that can be a reason for not having perfect play.

But I agree there's no comparing Dak's injury to some of what Wentz has had. Dak doesn't get these frequent nagging injuries that pop up each season.
    He’s been the complete opposite . He missed his first practice last year and his first game he will miss will be Sunday . 60 straight starts or something like that .

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Sorry out of 4, this season is still going.
    Go back and look. He’s played all 16 games twice and was held out of a 3rd for precautionary reasons even though he could play, just like I said. This season if he plays out will be his 3rd such season. Maybe you are thinking of somebody else?

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    If wentz plays this season out then it will be 3/5 seasons that he’s played all 16 regular season games. A 4th season (in 2018) he could have played all 16 games but the eagles held him out for precautionary reasons.
    He missed 5 games. He missed two playoff games that year. That doesn’t sound precautionary to me.
    He didn’t play through the injury. He was shut down. History is literally being rewritten here.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    He missed 5 games. He missed two playoff games that year. That doesn’t sound precautionary to me.
    He didn’t play through the injury. He was shut down. History is literally being rewritten here.
    He did play through the injury. He played through the injury for like a month or two actually. He was on the injury report for “back issues” ever since like week 6 or 7 of that year

That doesn’t make any sense. If Dak asked for 50 million a year and Jerry said they can’t afford that how would that be gambling on Jerrys part?
    It wasn’t 50 million but it was a number they clearly couldn’t pay.
    I realize that if there was a longterm contract the first cap year would of been lower but the tag of 38 million would of been cheaper then average yearly salary.
    If Dak had hit free agency, there's no doubt he would have gotten the contract he wanted.

So if Dak had played another Top 5 season, Jerry Jones would have had the following options:

1) Tag Dak a second time for $38 mil, which will account for roughly 22% of a team's salary cap next year, meaning more talented players would have to leave Dallas.
    2) Sign Dak to the contract he wanted this year, except a little more expensive even.
    3) Let Dak leave in free agency.

All three are bad.

The only prospect Jerry Jones had of keeping Dak long-term at a more team-friendly salary is if Dak was underperforming -- or missing multiple games to injury.

There's no other reason teams let players play on the franchise tag.

He has 1 season so far where he has finished every game, out of 5.
    Let's keep moving the goalposts, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Go back and look. He’s played all 16 games twice and was held out of a 3rd for precautionary reasons even though he could play, just like I said. This season if he plays out will be his 3rd such season. Maybe you are thinking of somebody else?
    I dont have to look, I said every game for the team, he finished the regular season twice, never finished a playoff game.

He was shut down, similar to what would have happened to Dak last year if Dak's shoulder would have been earlier tin the year. He was playing through it. It happened. I know you think it didn't, but it did.

Still, here we are, both guys have had one season ending injury.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He was shut down, similar to what would have happened to Dak last year if Dak's shoulder would have been earlier tin the year. He was playing through it. It happened. I know you think it didn't, but it did.

Still, here we are, both guys have had one season ending injury.
    Wow, just wow.....lol

The "comparison" was that both have sustained a freak injury to end a season, Wentz and the all, Dak and the ankle.

The Wentz is injury prone card is silly. We aren't talking about a guy that gets hurt every other game. Failing to see the difference in injury prone and freak injuries is comical to say the least.

Wow, just wow.....lol
    I'm going off of Dallas fans comments last season when Dak was nursing a bad shoulder, couldn't even throw a football and was stated multiple times the the only reason he played was because the season was on the line. These aren't my words. Even went further saying he would miss games in any other scenario, again, not my words.
    If that is the case, that is very similar to Wentz and his back.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The "comparison" was that both have sustained a freak injury to end a season, Wentz and the all, Dak and the ankle.

The Wentz is injury prone card is silly. We aren't talking about a guy that gets hurt every other game. Failing to see the difference in injury prone and freak injuries is comical to say the least.
    I mean

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/pl...son-wentz/7450

That might be one of the dumbest things I've seen used on PSD lol.

At this point you really just have to laugh it off. Nothing you say will change anything.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast