Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's true that Dak gambled and lost.

But we don't know the actual contract details he got offered. We only got leaks from the Jones camp to make Dak look bad for all the "top contracts" he supposedly declined. But even from the leaks themselves we know Dak never got offered top averages AND top guaranteed money. It was either/or depending on the leak in question.

If Dak got offered Wentz's contract, then that's an underpay because Wentz:
    - signed his contract a year earlier
    - had already played on a 2nd overall pick salary
    - had two years left on his deal when he signed the extension

If Dak had made it to free agency, he very likely could have gotten a fully guaranteed, high averages contract like Cousins did.

So the fact that this narrative of Dak being too greedy is so prominent shows Jones won on both the contract (because Dak got hurt on the tag instead) and the propaganda front.
    True, we only know what was leaked as far as contract terms and guarantees. It was leaked that they had a verbal agreement with Dak and his agent prior to the 2019 season however after the first 3 games Dakís agent re-negged and demanded more money. That contract ďallegedlyĒ would have paid him slightly less than Russell Wilson. Then later in the season the Cowboys upped their offer to $35M per/$100M guaranteed/5 years. Dak wanted the same money and guarantees but for 4 years. Stephen balked at that and said, we just donít do 4 year deals. CAA then fired Dakís agent from their firm because he also apparently failed to close a few other deals. No word if Dak actually fired Todd France though.

Dak has made enough to be set for life, in case he never plays again. It does suck though that he didnít sign one of those long term offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I mentioned Wentz back. That ultimately did sideline him though. Thatís about the only thing I think can be criticized.

Wentz has been getting beat to **** this year and played every game in his career up until the ACL. Now heís had issues with it through 2018 but 2019 and now heís been playing as well. He had the concussion that ended his season and then was out like one play with a rib shot last year.

He basically had about a 2 year window where he was Ďinjury prone.í He could have issues going forward to it but heís been about a year fine now.

He played with the back though, that was my point. Similar to Dak's shoulder, he played with it. If the Eagles don't knock Dallas out, he's likely sidelined. Wentz was sidelined once the Eagles were thought to be out of contention.

My overall point, the whole "injury prone" things is dumb to begin with when it comes to freak injuries. Saying one is different than another is also dumb, but it's 2020, so basic intelligence just kind of goes out the window at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    True, we only know what was leaked as far as contract terms and guarantees. It was leaked that they had a verbal agreement with Dak and his agent prior to the 2019 season however after the first 3 games Dakís agent re-negged and demanded more money. That contract ďallegedlyĒ would have paid him slightly less than Russell Wilson. Then later in the season the Cowboys upped their offer to $35M per/$100M guaranteed/5 years. Dak wanted the same money and guarantees but for 4 years. Stephen balked at that and said, we just donít do 4 year deals. CAA then fired Dakís agent from their firm because he also apparently failed to close a few other deals. No word if Dak actually fired Todd France though.

Dak has made enough to be set for life, in case he never plays again. It does suck though that he didnít sign one of those long term offers.

Do you think he has played his last game in Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    As I already posted we donít know the exact details. History shows us though that the Jones arenít afraid to pay big contracts to their players. They managed to sign Cooper, Zeke, D Law etc.... to very generous contracts. This idea that they decided to pick on Dak just doesnít seem plausible.
    Dak realized that every time he said no the price was going up. He thought he had all the leverage and was willing to risk his longterm security.
    Had he made it through the year he probably would of received more than the 38 million franchise tag next year. Thatís why he probably declined 35 million.
    He gambled and lost.
    He was on pace for over 6,000 yards. If he had made it through the season he likely would have got $40M-$45M per season.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    The wentz jokes were annoying as **** to deal with and now dak gets hurt and cowboy fans are like ďbe respectful guysĒ. Which I agree, always be respectful when a guy gets injured but Iím seeing some hypocrites starting to come out here..lol
    I donít remember anyone making fun of Wentz. I know I called him injury prone, which was not wrong. Also Wentz never suffered a potentially career ending injury like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Each have suffered a season ending freak injury.
    Each have played through non-ending injuries. (Daks shoulder, Wentz's back)

It's really apples to apples, unless you overplay the "Wentz is injury prone", yet here we are.
    Wentz has been out every year except for one therefore he is is injury prone. If he can go 3-4 season without an injury and play every game maybe he can shake that label, but with the way he has been playing he might not be in philly that long.

You cannot say Dak is injury prone after having this freak injury he has never missed any time in his nfl career until now.

We understand you are pissed Wentz does not have the supporting cast that Dak does and pick every moment to hate the guy, but this is not the time.

Each have suffered a season ending freak injury.
    Each have played through non-ending injuries. (Daks shoulder, Wentz's back)

It's really apples to apples, unless you overplay the "Wentz is injury prone", yet here we are.
    Weíre talking about a guy who on 3 separate occasions could not start or finish a playoff game. Itís amusing how desperate you are to lump them together. Very much an apple to oranges situation.

Do you think he has played his last game in Dallas?
    Itís very possible. I think a lot of that is going to be determined on how Dalton plays. The Cowboys are very likely going to win the NFC Least. If he puts up good numbers and especially if he somehow leads them to a playoff win it makes it very hard to bring Dak back. Dak would have to be willing to take A LOT less to prove himself. Itís not likely that they franchise him again and pay him $37M. Especially if they already have a guy that can play well.

Dalton made $16M per at his highest salary in Cincy. If he plays well and wins a playoff game (or if they are just competitive in the playoffs) they could resign Dalton for $16M-$20M. The business side really sucks for Dak but I just donít see how they could give Dak $37M-$40M when they already have a guy that can get them similar result for $20M less per season. Keep in mind, you also have to factor in that the cap might actually go down next season. They likely wouldnít have been able to afford to franchise Dak again anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    There's a low likelihood Jones could have afforded to tag Dak a second time.

So he was gambling on Dak playing poorly this season or suffering a season-ending injury.

Besides, it takes two to gamble. To say that Dak gambled but Jerry didn't is illogical.
    That doesnít make any sense. If Dak asked for 50 million a year and Jerry said they canít afford that how would that be gambling on Jerrys part?
    It wasnít 50 million but it was a number they clearly couldnít pay.
    I realize that if there was a longterm contract the first cap year would of been lower but the tag of 38 million would of been cheaper then average yearly salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Wentz has been out every year except for one therefore he is is injury prone. If he can go 3-4 season without an injury and play every game maybe he can shake that label, but with the way he has been playing he might not be in philly that long.

You cannot say Dak is injury prone after having this freak injury he has never missed any time in his nfl career until now.

We understand you are pissed Wentz does not have the supporting cast that Dak does and pick every moment to hate the guy, but this is not the time.
    Thank you.

If wentz plays this season out then it will be 3/5 seasons that heís played all 16 regular season games. A 4th season (in 2018) he could have played all 16 games but the eagles held him out for precautionary reasons.

If wentz plays this season out then it will be 3/5 seasons that heís played all 16 regular season games. A 4th season (in 2018) he could have played all 16 games but the eagles held him out for precautionary reasons.
    He has 1 season so far where he has finished every game, out of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I donít remember anyone making fun of Wentz. I know I called him injury prone, which was not wrong. Also Wentz never suffered a potentially career ending injury like this.

Not talking about PSD but jokes were definitely made . Itís also ok to falsely think that heís injury prone, thatís not what Iím referring to.

He has 1 season so far where he has finished every game, out of 5.
    Not true

Not true
    Sorry out of 4, this season is still going.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast