Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Didn't learn your lesson the last time you fired a really great coach in Philly?
    You mean how they won a Super Bowl 7 years later? Must of been a hard lesson to learn.

Was a good move for both sides. Love reid and he was a great coach but his failure to pick Earl Thomas would probably still haunt Eagles fans if they didnt win a championship recently.

Both he and the Eagles needed a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    You mean how they won a Super Bowl 7 years later? Must of been a hard lesson to learn.

Was a good move for both sides. Love reid and he was a great coach but his failure to pick Earl Thomas would probably still haunt Eagles fans if they didnt win a championship recently.

Both he and the Eagles needed a fresh start.
    I agree, they were at the point of needing a fresh face, but that's pretty much it. Reid always had the team competitive and made like 5 NFCCGs. His last few seasons without a franchise QB weren't exactly his fault.

The team blew itself up with Chip Kelly. The Eagles won a SB 7 years later IN SPITE of the bad moves they made, but because of them. Imagine how much better the Eagles would be currently if they hadn't shot themselves in the foot for 3 years. Pederson is probably my #1 HC, so they lucked out there, but teams almost always regress when they move on from good coaches. The odds of improving on Reid were nearly zero.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Quinn should've been fired after the 2018 season, then in 2019 Blank Balaji basically said he was fired at the end of the season, but he won enough games to waste another season.

That teams in a rough cap situation for any HC looking to rebuild. You're basically stuck with Ryan and Julio on the back end of their primes making ~50M/season.
    This is always the best. I don't know why the final few games of last season made a difference. They were going to fire him, then gave him 1 last chance. How often does that actually work? I feel like the answer is almost never.

I don't know if Atlanta actually had the discussions internally, but if you're ever discussing "should we fire our coach?" internally, the an answer should almost always be yes.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    This is always the best. I don't know why the final few games of last season made a difference. They were going to fire him, then gave him 1 last chance. How often does that actually work? I feel like the answer is almost never.

I don't know if Atlanta actually had the discussions internally, but if you're ever discussing "should we fire our coach?" internally, the an answer should almost always be yes.
    It didn't work for Carolina either, Ron got one more shot last year and couldn't finish the season similar to Quinn.

At least we have a good coaching staff in place now it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I think Brandon Graham was the better pick -- with long-term hindsight of course.

He made the one most impactful play in that SB win.

Earl's no longer in the league while Brandon is still making impact plays like the strip stack in the last game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12