Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2020 off season thread

To make it easier we’ll post all off season stuff here.

Lemieux, Georgiev, DeAngelo & Strome filed for arbitration.

DiGuessepe signed a 1 y. deal for less than what he was qualified for but for a guaranteed 700k whether he’s in the NHL or the AHL.

Of all the signings of the first 2 days of free agency. The only ones that may—-MAY be fighting for a spot on the team are Jack Johnson, Anthony Bitetto, Kevin Rooney.

As of now the RHD carrousel, once Pietrangelo signs we will see if DeAngelo gets trade. Gorton in an interview threw out that the team in debating on moving either DeAngelo or Fox in the left side. For me it’s a smoke screen to keep DeAngelos trade stock up. My feeling is he gets traded.

Valiquette interviewed Lafreniere and asked if he would consider moving to center, Lafreniere said if asked he’d try his best.( Lafreniere face-off win percentage was like 30% at Ramouski, so that’s not happening). But what i found interesting was that Vali said if he were the Rangers he would look to acquire a righthanded veteran defensive center to play on Lafreniere line. Which I totally agree ideally you want a veteran to help the rookie go thru his rookie year, a defensive minded center to minimize Lafrenieres mistakes and righty because of the lefty-righty thing—passing, setting up plays etc.. Vali also said that he could see Chytil on the 2nd line because it’s time to see what you have—I agree Chytil is no longer a rookie—this will be his 4th season in the league. We need to come to the ultimate decision on him, is he a center or not, is he ready to take the next step and be counted on, and is one of our stars or not.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 10-11-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Looks like as of today

Kreider—Zibenajad—Buchnevich
    Panarin—Chytil—-Kakko
    Lafrenière—xxxxxx—-Gauthier
    Lemieux—Howden—DiGuessepe

Xxxx—Trouba
    Lindgren—Fox
    Bitetto—xxxx

Shesterkin, Georgiev

Bench-Smith, Johnson

Hmmm...I dunno.

I don't see the Rangers making any trades until the trade deadline, which is tradition with the New York Rangers.

Sadly, I see Strome beating out Chytil for the #2 Center (again). If Chytil remains a 3rd line center, there's reason to be concerned about the Rangers' scouting. Lias Andersson was a spectacular failure.

Rick Carpiniello humiliated me on twitter and sent his goon squad of supporters when I said, "Dumping Shattenkirk for nothing was foolish. Scoring defenseman always have value."

Well now that I've been vindicated.

I think Gorton likes deAngelo. Think the Rangers like the idea of scoring defenseman on every line.

At some point the Rangers will part with young talent for an elite center.

I don't know why but signing Matt Martin intrigues me a lot. He is a LD and is the type of player we need on this team right about now. Depending on much he is looking for I would've wanted him signed than Jack Johnson
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Matt Martin is actually a left wing not a defenseman. But I get what you’re saying he is the type of physical player we need to add to this team. Although you may be thinking of Mark Boroweicki who Nashville just signed he’s a LD who’s physical and nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Matt Martin is actually a left wing not a defenseman. But I get what you’re saying he is the type of physical player we need to add to this team. Although you may be thinking of Mark Boroweicki who Nashville just signed he’s a LD who’s physical and nasty.
    Wow all this time I thought he was an LD lmao But I would still look into him. I get we have a ton of younger wingers coming up and that played a role in letting fast go but I think a line with Brendan Lemieux and Martin on the wings is just perfect for what we need,
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

You’re right, time and time again we see how in the play-offs teams who play a physical style are the ones that win the cup. Plus when you pair that with the fact that players on rookie deals are getting performance bonus, we need lower salaries players to balance out our roster.

This is an excerpt from SBnation, an article from Tom Urtz Jr.:

According to CapFriendly, the following roster players of note have bonuses in their entry-level contracts:

Igor Shesterkin — $2.85 million

Kaapo Kakko — $2.65 million

Adam Fox — $850,000

Filip Chytil — $350,000

Julien Gauthier — $300,000

Ryan Lindgren — $212,500

Then there’s presumptive No. 1 pick Alexis Lafreniere ($2.85 million expected), Morgan Baron ($850,000), Vitali Kravtsov ($850,000), Justin Richards ($500,000), and K’Andre Miller ($300,000) as players with significant bonuses.

This of course is aside from the regular salary and it counts against the cap.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 10-15-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Georgiev has been re-signed at 2 yrs and 4.85 mil. Or 2.425 mil. per
    DeAngelo has been re-signed at 2 yrs and 9.6 mil. Or 4.8 mil. per

2 down and 2 to go.