Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Ross Atkins the 2nd best GM in Blue Jays History?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    This thread is only going to get better with time. Donít think I forgot when people laughed at me for saying that Atkins will one day challenge Gillick as the GOAT. I think heís the consensus #2 Jays GM of all time now.
    Still gotta win. But heís earned the right to see this thing all the way through. So we should be able to see how it all turns out and judge him on that.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Still gotta win. But heís earned the right to see this thing all the way through. So we should be able to see how it all turns out and judge him on that.
    I feel more confident with Atkins at the helm than I have with any GM before him. And itís not even close.

Over Gillick? Ballsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Over Gillick? Ballsy.
    I was 4 in 1993

Ah okay that's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Your top point doesnít really stand up since Ricardo would have had 6 post season appearances in todayís world.

Points 2, 3 and 4 mean nothing without results.

Number 5 is awesome.

But, how many GMs have we had? 5-6? With only one two having some real success? The bar isnít really that high. Hard to put him in the top based off of this season. Heís on the cusp of moving ahead of AA, but just not yet.
    Too bad I didn't this post until now but to go back on topic, that's exactly how I feel about the points brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Too bad I didn't this post until now but to go back on topic, that's exactly how I feel about the points brought up.
    Rules change over time. There's WC teams who have won the WS who wouldn't have even made the post season a decade ago. Thems the breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

He's like #4 for me. If MLB continues with an 8 team playoff from here on out, JP is vindicated in my book. JP would've made the playoffs lots under those rules.

This thread is only going to get better with time. Donít think I forgot when people laughed at me for saying that Atkins will one day challenge Gillick as the GOAT. I think heís the consensus #2 Jays GM of all time now.
    Bidding 30 mil more than the closest competition makes him great? We can think ownership for that gift.

Bidding 30 mil more than the closest competition makes him great? We can think ownership for that gift.
    Well he actually put himself in position to make that bid, instead of recklessly dealing actual prospects for old washed up expensive players he bided his time and struck when the time was right....

Rules change over time. There's WC teams who have won the WS who wouldn't have even made the post season a decade ago. Thems the breaks.
    Well Im not discounting his accomplishment completely but I do think its noteworthy.

Your decisions do tend to change based on the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Well he actually put himself in position to make that bid, instead of recklessly dealing actual prospects for old washed up expensive players he bided his time and struck when the time was right....
    Ok so he gets credit for doing nothing and sinking our team to 5th worst in a terribly orchestrated sell off. Gotcha.

Iím happy about where the team is headed finally, but letís not act like Atkins hasnít stumbled his way here at every point.

Ok so he gets credit for doing nothing and sinking our team to 5th worst in a terribly orchestrated sell off. Gotcha.

Iím happy about where the team is headed finally, but letís not act like Atkins hasnít stumbled his way here at every point.
    I'm pretty sure this was the actual plan, whether you agree with it or not. Be ******, get good prospects, wait for prospects to get better and supplement the team with FA and trades. It's not new or anything

Mmmmmmmm yes. Tell me how signing George Springer doesn't make Atkins amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I'm pretty sure this was the actual plan, whether you agree with it or not. Be ******, get good prospects, wait for prospects to get better and supplement the team with FA and trades. It's not new or anything
    It's a much better process than building the farm up for 3 years then getting rid of everyone for a bunch of old and/or injured guys.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast