Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Ross Atkins the 2nd best GM in Blue Jays History?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Title needs updating....It's year 7

He addressed teams biggest weakness without digging deep into his farm system. With bullpen this deep, If a starter goes down we could use an opener

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Title needs updating....It's year 7
    Well then it would just be a simple yes. 2 years ago people still struggled with answering the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

We can argue this one way or another. But at this point, all of those people who claimed Shapiro and Atkins would come to Toronto and run the team into the ground and would never spend money, etc were all 100% wrong. We may not all agree on how good they have been, but they certainly have not been the nightmare we were told they were going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    We can argue this one way or another. But at this point, all of those people who claimed Shapiro and Atkins would come to Toronto and run the team into the ground and would never spend money, etc were all 100% wrong. We may not all agree on how good they have been, but they certainly have not been the nightmare we were told they were going to be.
    Heís gonna hire Eric Wedge! Bring me his head!

That was my favourite part.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Heís gonna hire Eric Wedge! Bring me his head!

That was my favourite part.
    He did hire Eric wedge.

He did hire Eric wedge.
    Thatís the best part.

IIRC people were worried he was going to bring him on to eventually become the manager.

He would be the 2nd longest GM in team history at 7 years so he would go move to 2nd place with a playoff appearance this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He would be the 2nd longest GM in team history at 7 years so he would go move to 2nd place with a playoff appearance this year.
    Sorry, but he is on par with Gord Ash...and Ash might have been better but he had no money to play with. According to Shakins, the money is there.
    Last edited by Spiderdan22; 08-04-2022 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Sorry, but he is on par with Gord Ash...and Ash might have been better but he had no money to play with. According to Shakins, the money is there.
    Yeah seems like we are usually at least this good when ownership spends in the top quarter of the league.

Yeah seems like we are usually at least this good when ownership spends in the top quarter of the league.
    In 92, the Jays had the highest payroll in baseball, made the necessary moves in the offseason leading to the season, and then tweaked the team only needing to bring in Eichhorn and Cone...none of this need to rebuild the team mid season crap.

Last edited by mike_noodles; 08-05-2022 at 08:34 AM.

I think he definitely needs to win the division to be 2nd best. Right now he has the edge in tenure. I think a finals appearance or division title would inch him past AAís time with us.

I think he definitely needs to win the division to be 2nd best. Right now he has the edge in tenure. I think a finals appearance or division title would inch him past AAís time with us.
    To be fair though, the Yanks and Red Sox sucked in the late 80's and most of the 90's. No other GM in Toronto has had a window of opportunity like Gillick had.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    To be fair though, the Yanks and Red Sox sucked in the late 80's and most of the 90's. No other GM in Toronto has had a window of opportunity like Gillick had.
    Thatís true. And AA took advantage of a down year from those teams too in 2015. I donít deduct points for that, itís smart. But added points for atkins if he is able to accomplish either of those feats without that opportunity. Would be a fair tiebreaker.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast