Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Ross Atkins the 2nd best GM in Blue Jays History?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I donít give AF about Rogers money. That was the most exciting baseball experience of my life and I regret nothing.
    I agree, my wife and I flew out in September 2015 for a Jays series with Boston. The atmosphere was electric! We went again in the spring of 2017 and 2019, but they didn't compare to 2015. we may try to go again this year but tickets might be impossible to get.
    Last edited by Sasky05; 09-16-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    I agree, my wife and I flew out in September 2015 for a Jays series with Boston. The atmosphere was electric! We went again in the spring of 2017 and 2019, but they didn't compare to 2015. we may try to go again this year but tickets might be impossible to get.
    Yeah my buddy was at game 6 vs the rangers in 2015. The one with the craziest inning in baseball history (imo). Where the fans all threw garbage on the field. Man I want to be there for one of those soo bad.

Yeah my buddy was at game 6 vs the rangers in 2015. The one with the craziest inning in baseball history (imo). Where the fans all threw garbage on the field. Man I want to be there for one of those soo bad.
    That might rank as the number 2 best game in Jays history. Pretty hard to beat the "touch em all Joe" world series game in 93.

Yea that was something, sadly I don't thing things have changed - mostly casual fans out for a drink.

I was at the 2016 walk-off vs the Rangers - series clincher - with JD sliding home head first, the place was so electric.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Yea that was something, sadly I don't thing things have changed - mostly casual fans out for a drink.

I was at the 2016 walk-off vs the Rangers - series clincher - with JD sliding home head first, the place was so electric.
    Oh man I forgot about that one. ****ing JD only knew how to play one way. All ****ing out.

Kind of off-topic, but I was surprised to see beer cans being served at games this year. I thought they stopped doing that after 2015 and the seventh inning.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Kind of off-topic, but I was surprised to see beer cans being served at games this year. I thought they stopped doing that after 2015 and the seventh inning.
    Just in time.

I think it goes without saying that Darth Atkins is easily the 2nd best GM in Jays history. Now heís a few steps away from being the all time greatest GM in Blue Jays history. A true visionary who had a plan, saw it through and is still going strong. So happy we got him.

He's done amazing job

He's coming into his 7th season so he already has more seasons than AA (6 seasons) and 1 behind JP (8 seasons) so if we make the playoffs this year, his resume has enough to pass AA as 2nd best GM (2 playoff appearances to 1).

Gillick was GM for 14 years and has 2 WS rings so he's pretty far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He's coming into his 7th season so he already has more seasons than AA (6 seasons) and 1 behind JP (8 seasons) so if we make the playoffs this year, his resume has enough to pass AA as 2nd best GM (2 playoff appearances to 1).

Gillick was GM for 14 years and has 2 WS rings so he's pretty far away.
    Atkins has 2 playoff appearances already. Aside from that, heís built a powerhouse farm system, has been able to sign top free agents (Ryu, Springer, Gausman)every off season since 2019, has pulled off some awesome deals, completely revamped a horrendous player development system etc. The list goes on.

Has to win the division for me. If he does that then tied with AA. If he gets to the finals or wins it all then he is clearly entrenched as the 2nd most successful GM.

Has to win the division for me. If he does that then tied with AA. If he gets to the finals or wins it all then he is clearly entrenched as the 2nd most successful GM.
    I view 2015 (winning division) similar to 2016 (WC) considering they both made lost in the ALCS.

But 2020 was a writeoff for most things in baseball. So not really sure how something like that adds to Atkins' resume. Dont think being 32-28 and not even making an impact in the expanded playoffs is much to write about IMO. The extra 6 teams who made it that year may as well have won a participation trophy. I dont really take much what happened in that season seriously (ie Abreu winning MVP, Bauer Cy Young, etc).

Lol

How are you rating him? using what metrics?

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast