Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Ross Atkins the 2nd best GM in Blue Jays History?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What about when Price claimed that he understood why the Jays didn’t sign him but if AA was still around it would’ve “hurt”?
    Are you thinking before you post?
    Read the above quote.

Translation: He understands that the jays didn’t have the budget to match the Sox offer, and it would have hurt to say no to AA’s low ball offer when he eventually chased the money with the Sox because he liked AA.

Can you explain how you interpreted this differently?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Perhaps you can point to something I missed in my assessment?
    Everything I’ve read about the situation so far just leads me to believe AA’s maximum impact would have been to make the Sox pay more hopefully.

Whether AA would have resigned Price or not, it just wasnt possible because his boss and team ownership would have told him no.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Whether AA would have resigned Price or not, it just wasnt possible because his boss and team ownership would have told him no.
    No no no… see he needs to have his cake and eat it too.
    AA both capped us out from Atkins making any actual improvements, aaaaand would have signed price for more than the redsox offered.
    Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    No no no… see he needs to have his cake and eat it too.
    AA both capped us out from Atkins making any actual improvements, aaaaand would have signed price for more than the redsox offered.
    Duh.
    To be fair, we have no idea what AA would have done. I imagine he had some vision to relieve some salary somehow.

I don't think they could have relieved salary unless they unloaded one of the batters.

The most likely scenario was that AA, whether he wanted Price back or not, would've had to sign other FA as per direction of Shapiro (who was following budget concerns by Rogers).

Are you thinking before you post?
    Read the above quote.

Translation: He understands that the jays didn’t have the budget to match the Sox offer, and it would have hurt to say no to AA’s low ball offer when he eventually chased the money with the Sox because he liked AA.

Can you explain how you interpreted this differently?
    Simmer down there, buttercup. Here's the quote and the article to accompany it.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/m...ulos-1.3528529
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I don't think they could have relieved salary unless they unloaded one of the batters.

The most likely scenario was that AA, whether he wanted Price back or not, would've had to sign other FA as per direction of Shapiro (who was following budget concerns by Rogers).
    Direction of Shapiro? Atkins has come out numerous times and told the media there's a "collaborative process" when it comes to making decisions.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Direction of Shapiro? Atkins has come out numerous times and told the media there's a "collaborative process" when it comes to making decisions.
    This is true. There’s a lot of voices in the room. Shapiro does a lot less than people think.

At the time he was starting as the president so he would be the one steering the direction of where we were to go. You tend to be less hands on once you find a guy who has the same mindset as you do. Which I probably why AA left since they probably didn't have the same way of thinking.

It actually more or less proves that Price would never have been on the Blue Jays. Unless AA had overriding authority over Shapiro and ownership, AA didnt have final authority to make that decision. At the very least, if he did resign Price, then it would have been in collaboration with Shapiro as has been mentioned here (which disproves the idea that AA should be held solely responsible for a hypothetical that wasnt going to happen).

Exactly?
    AA wasn’t naming his own budget.

Exactly?
    AA wasn’t naming his own budget.
    Doing the job. This team is scary good.

I'm actually surprised this is a conversation. Any workplace will probably tell you it's a team effort but someone has to make the decisions if there is a disagreement. If AA wanted Price and Shapiro/Rogers didn't, I have to think that's a pretty easy decision here.

Could very well be a reason why AA left.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Doing the job. This team is scary good.
    Sorry I don’t get what you’re saying here. This team is scary good I agree?

At the time he was starting as the president so he would be the one steering the direction of where we were to go. You tend to be less hands on once you find a guy who has the same mindset as you do. Which I probably why AA left since they probably didn't have the same way of thinking.

It actually more or less proves that Price would never have been on the Blue Jays. Unless AA had overriding authority over Shapiro and ownership, AA didnt have final authority to make that decision. At the very least, if he did resign Price, then it would have been in collaboration with Shapiro as has been mentioned here (which disproves the idea that AA should be held solely responsible for a hypothetical that wasnt going to happen).
    Acquiring Price was one of AA's finest moves, point blank, if that move doesn't happen, the Jays would still hold the record for the longest MLB playoff drought. Price was pitched like a true Ace when he got to the Jays.

Letting go of Price was also a great move.

In the RS the guy was great, but his PO performances were not.

He was a guy who could help you take that next step, but not the guy who could take you a step further.

A lot of the team aside from Josh was about to go on a serious decline do to age.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast