Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Ross Atkins the 2nd best GM in Blue Jays History?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    We also have some people around here that act like he is a god. "The Great Creator" lol. He's not a Savior, Martin Luther King, Jesus Christ or the Easter bunny. He's a baseball GM.
    You do realize I call him that just to get under their skin, right?

We also have some people around here that act like he is a god. "The Great Creator" lol. He's not a Savior, Martin Luther King, Jesus Christ or the Easter bunny. He's a baseball GM.
    And he’s done an ok job at it. After 6 years of tearing it down I wouldn’t expect anything less than a “hopeful” middling team with a decent farm. Anything les and he wouldn’t have been extended (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Is that also why you get personally offended at any opinion other than that?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    And he’s done an ok job at it. After 6 years of tearing it down I wouldn’t expect anything less than a “hopeful” middling team with a decent farm. Anything les and he wouldn’t have been extended (I hope).
    He only spent like 3 years tearing it down (2017-2019).

His job wasn't even to tear down the roster when he first got here. He was trying to sign EE to a 4/5 year contract after 2016. He didn't do the best job adding onto the roster after 2016 and did an even terrible job tearing down the MLB roster after. But at the same time did a great job at building the farm while he was tearing down the roster.

How he uses his farm and how he does MLB level acquisitions will be how he's judged going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He only spent like 3 years tearing it down (2017-2019).

His job wasn't even to tear down the roster when he first got here. He was trying to sign EE to a 4/5 year contract after 2016. He didn't do the best job adding onto the roster after 2016 and did an even terrible job tearing down the MLB roster after. But at the same time did a great job at building the farm while he was tearing down the roster.

How he uses his farm and how he does MLB level acquisitions will be how he's judged going forward.
    I don’t think I’ll ever give him a free pass on the terrible tear down/sustain winning confusion/lie. Felt like he wasted 6 years of my jays fan life. Still I agree though, it’s about what he does from here. He’s been gifted a chance to see what he can do.

It wasn't even 6 years. 2017-2019 obviously weighs down his overall performance given they were pretty bad, but if he continues to perform well going forward, his bad performances get diluted as he peforms goung forward.

It wasn't even 6 years. 2017-2019 obviously weighs down his overall performance given they were pretty bad, but if he continues to perform well going forward, his bad performances get diluted as he peforms goung forward.
    2016 felt like very much a waste too. They were focused on the image of winning, but did not make moves to keep us as contenders. 2017&18 were just shameful. Just flat out lying to the fan base.

I’ll never get over it.

Regardless let’s see where he goes from here

2016 felt like very much a waste too. They were focused on the image of winning, but did not make moves to keep us as contenders. 2017&18 were just shameful. Just flat out lying to the fan base.

I’ll never get over it.

They made plenty of moves leading up to 2016 and that deadline.

Sign Happ, resign Estrada, Storen trade, Grilli trade, benoit trade, liriano trade, Upton trade, drafted Biagini, etc.

Not all of them worked out but a lot were good gamble

From Nov 2016 (sign Morales instead of EE) to Nov 2019 (just before Ryu) is majority of the moves that the general fanbase may have issues with.

They made plenty of moves leading up to 2016 and that deadline.

Sign Happ, resign Estrada, Storen trade, Grilli trade, benoit trade, liriano trade, Upton trade, drafted Biagini, etc.

Not all of them worked out but a lot were good gamble

From Nov 2016 (sign Morales instead of EE) to Nov 2019 (just before Ryu) is majority of the moves that the general fanbase may have issues with.
    Wasn’t happ lacava?

Those signings look a lot more like trying to appear to want to win to me. And the results speak for themselves. They certainly weren’t “going for it”.

I’m tired of this old convo though tbh. You know how I feel about those years.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I really don’t think it affects him the way you think it does.

Wasn’t happ lacava?

Those signings look a lot more like trying to appear to want to win to me. And the results speak for themselves. They certainly weren’t “going for it”.

I’m tired of this old convo though tbh. You know how I feel about those years.
    thats true Happ signed Nov 25. Atkins was GM since Dec 3.

Sure, but if you say you cant get over 22017 to 2019, then no matter what he does all the years after, you wont judge him appropriately.

thats true Happ signed Nov 25. Atkins was GM since Dec 3.

Sure, but if you say you cant get over 22017 to 2019, then no matter what he does all the years after, you wont judge him appropriately.
    Man... if he gets me some exciting playoff ball I won’t give a ****.

I’ll never get over it.

We know
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Man... if he gets me some exciting playoff ball I won’t give a ****.
    Atkins already got us to the playoffs twice...

I really don’t think it affects him the way you think it does.
    Agree to disagree.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast