Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross Stripling

Ross Stripling

This wraps up regular season numbers for him.

10-4
    3.01 ERA
    134 innings pitched.

What does he get in free agency?

Is it worth it for the Jays to qualify him to get compensation if he leaves?

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    This wraps up regular season numbers for him.

10-4
    3.01 ERA
    134 innings pitched.

What does he get in free agency?

Is it worth it for the Jays to qualify him to get compensation if he leaves?
    I bet he gets a contract that comes close to the QO, because we donít QO him.

Whatever contract he gets, Iím sure I will be happy atkins didnít sign it.

I would definitely qualify him - win win for the Jays. Assuming it's around 18M, 1 year won't hurt that much if he ends up sucking - which is possible.

If he declines I'm sure he'll get something like 3/60

The more I watch Stripling, the more I like him. He can locate 4 pitches and knows how to mix them. Iím all for giving him a QO but Iíd also see if he takes a 2 year 32 million dollar deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    The more I watch Stripling, the more I like him. He can locate 4 pitches and knows how to mix them. Iím all for giving him a QO but Iíd also see if he takes a 2 year 32 million dollar deal.
    Going to be tough to sign. I am hoping he does a Ray. Bets on himself and signs 1 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I would definitely qualify him - win win for the Jays. Assuming it's around 18M, 1 year won't hurt that much if he ends up sucking - which is possible.

If he declines I'm sure he'll get something like 3/60
    Same.

I think 2/30 or 3/39 will be his max offers.

His numbers are inflated due to the ultra quick hook he got in his starts and teams will know that.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I think 2/30 or 3/39 will be his max offers.

His numbers are inflated due to the ultra quick hook he got in his starts and teams will know that.
    I mean, the majority of starters go 6 innings now. He wonít be going into the 7th or 8th too often but heís proven he can give 6 innings of high quality pitching. He could get himself a nice raise if he performs in the post season.

I mean, the majority of starters go 6 innings now. He wonít be going into the 7th or 8th too often but heís proven he can give 6 innings of high quality pitching. He could get himself a nice raise if he performs in the post season.
    I count 5 starts of 6 ip (topping out at 6.1) out of 24 starts. I like him quite a bit but jays know what he is. A 33 year old that when at his absolute best can go 6ip. Otherwise you save him with a quick hook. He has reached his peak. He should be paid accordingly. Past examples show a player like this getting a slightly lower than QO AAV over short term 2-3 years. So if WO is 19, heíll get 2-3 years at 13-15m AAV.
    Plenty of options options out there. We didnít offer JD A QO remember so theyíll let strip walk if he wonít sign for what Atkins is comfortable with.

Weíre gonna trade a catcher for a sp this off-season. So thatís 4 sp (along with set 3) and Jane Kikuchi owed 20m).

Strip makes 4m this year and will need 10-15m raise. Use that elsewhere like an OF if LGJ is moved as well. (Conforto?) or a 2nd closer

Strip is sooooo valuable. I don't see this front office letting him go anywhere. He's humble enough to be the 6th starter to begin the season if needed, and good enough to be the #3 on most staffs. We aren't talking about some soft tosser. He throws mid 90's with a great change up and 2 breaking balls that he can locate extremely well. I don't think he wants to go anywhere, and I don't think he believes he is an 80M dollar pitcher after posting an ERA around 5 over the 2 previous seasons before this career best performance. He is really the only free agent they have. I feel confident this front office will retain him on a deal good for both teams. I think he gets Kikuchi type money.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I count 5 starts of 6 ip (topping out at 6.1) out of 24 starts. I like him quite a bit but jays know what he is. A 33 year old that when at his absolute best can go 6ip. Otherwise you save him with a quick hook. He has reached his peak. He should be paid accordingly. Past examples show a player like this getting a slightly lower than QO AAV over short term 2-3 years. So if WO is 19, heíll get 2-3 years at 13-15m AAV.
    Plenty of options options out there. We didnít offer JD A QO remember so theyíll let strip walk if he wonít sign for what Atkins is comfortable with.

Weíre gonna trade a catcher for a sp this off-season. So thatís 4 sp (along with set 3) and Jane Kikuchi owed 20m).

Strip makes 4m this year and will need 10-15m raise. Use that elsewhere like an OF if LGJ is moved as well. (Conforto?) or a 2nd closer
    Might need to double check. I count 10 starts finishing 6 with his longest being 7 innings. All of those starts happened after becoming a full time starter too. He made 19 consecutive starts with 10 of them going at least 6 innings. Im not sure where this quick hook mentality is coming from.

Might need to double check. I count 10 starts finishing 6 with his longest being 7 innings. All of those starts happened after becoming a full time starter too. He made 19 consecutive starts with 10 of them going at least 6 innings. Im not sure where this quick hook mentality is coming from.
    Ah the website was incorrect, my bad

He said there was only one time in his jays career that a mound visit wasnít to pull him
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Strip is sooooo valuable. I don't see this front office letting him go anywhere. He's humble enough to be the 6th starter to begin the season if needed, and good enough to be the #3 on most staffs. We aren't talking about some soft tosser. He throws mid 90's with a great change up and 2 breaking balls that he can locate extremely well. I don't think he wants to go anywhere, and I don't think he believes he is an 80M dollar pitcher after posting an ERA around 5 over the 2 previous seasons before this career best performance. He is really the only free agent they have. I feel confident this front office will retain him on a deal good for both teams. I think he gets Kikuchi type money.
    3.9m this year Stripling in for big raise. Don't know if Jays have the cash? They have 42m tied up in Ryu, Grichuk and Kikuchi

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    They have 42m tied up in Ryu, Grichuk and Kikuchi
    Barf. I miss AA. I canít think of any dead money from his days although Iím sure there was some. It wasnít a feature of his time with us thatís for sure.

1/3 of our payroll is currently going to players that canít paly. Thatís intense. And in a time where atkins was supposedly setting us up for a window of opportunity to go for it lol. Omg this is hitting me hard right now. Are you sure these numbers are correct?

Barf. I miss AA. I canít think of any dead money from his days although Iím sure there was some. It wasnít a feature of his time with us thatís for sure.

1/3 of our payroll is currently going to players that canít paly. Thatís intense. And in a time where atkins was supposedly setting us up for a window of opportunity to go for it lol. Omg this is hitting me hard right now. Are you sure these numbers are correct?
    Russel Martin and Tulo were dead money but he bailed before they were cut loose

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast