Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Ross Atkins the 2nd best GM in Blue Jays History?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 37.50%
  • No

5 62.50%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Well according to Chong he orchestrated that off-season. What say you, Chong?
    Why ask me when you can look it up?
    When was atkins hired? Didnít Atkins trade for storen?

If he wasnít hired in time and it was lacava pulling the strings then the credit goes to lacava for happ and storen.

Atkins made moves after he was hired for 2016.

Granted he made a string of really bad decisions after 2016 leading up to the playoffs, he made moves that were justifiable (Upton, Navarro, etc).

So itís obvious to everyone that Iím not the one constantly bringing up AA and Atkins early missteps right? Lmao canít believe weíre still on this subject.

To be fair, this thread is specifically about determining who is better between Atkins and prior GMs.

Not to mention, we are replying to your most recent post about Atkins' moves in 2016.

Fwiw a lotta Braves fans calling for AAís head today. Failed to make a move at the deadline to address the pitching needs. They feel heís sitting on prospects too much. Exactly the opposite of what he did here. To be fair, their window is still wide open and you donít fire the GM after losing in game 7 of the CS when youíre still clearly trending upward. It seems that they give home no credit for the current construction of the team. Most of the core was drafted, signed or traded for by previous regime.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So itís obvious to everyone that Iím not the one constantly bringing up AA and Atkins early missteps right? Lmao canít believe weíre still on this subject.
    Yes. You and Reed. Itís like 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Fwiw a lotta Braves fans calling for AAís head today. Failed to make a move at the deadline to address the pitching needs. They feel heís sitting on prospects too much. Exactly the opposite of what he did here. To be fair, their window is still wide open and you donít fire the GM after losing in game 7 of the CS when youíre still clearly trending upward. It seems that they give home no credit for the current construction of the team. Most of the core was drafted, signed or traded for by previous regime.
    They got Milone but he was a bust.

Their pitching was fine going into this series IMO. Their 2 best pitchers started game 6 and 7 and couldn't close it out. The 2 relievers who gave up the 2 runs in 2 innings last night only allowed 4 ER in 40 innings the entire season.

Their hitting wasn't very good though. They got 4 runs the last 2 games. They were 3 for 22 with RISP the last 2 games. That can't happen. Acuna and D'arnaud shat the bed as the 1st and 4th hitter.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 10-19-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post

Their pitching was fine going into this series IMO. Their 2 best pitchers started game 6 and 7 and couldn't close it out. The 2 relievers who gave up the 2 runs in 2 innings last night only allowed 4 ER in 40 innings the entire season.

Their hitting wasn't very good though. They got 4 runs the last 2 games. They were 3 for 22 with RISP the last 2 games. That can't happen. Acuna and D'arnaud shat the bed as the 1st and 4th hitter.
    I agree. They should be looking to sure up the lineup imo. Darnaud (even when hes hot) shouldnít be your#4 bitter. A hot darnaud should be extending your lineup, not cleaning it up

Well they still need to improve their rotation for next year. Just saying their offense cost them the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post

I think the big thing was not replacing Soroka when he went down. But like I said, firing him would be the wrong move. Heís got something up his sleeve Iím sure.

I agree. They should be looking to sure up the lineup imo. Darnaud (even when hes hot) shouldnít be your#4 bitter. A hot darnaud should be extending your lineup, not cleaning it up
    Iím happy for DíArnaud though. Hope he can stay healthy now. Universal DH should help him.

I think the big thing was not replacing Soroka when he went down. But like I said, firing him would be the wrong move. Heís got something up his sleeve Iím sure.
    Well they shoulda done that. I just dont think that not replacing him was the reason they lost. They were up 3-1 and their offense went quiet.

Yes. You and Reed. Itís like 50/50.
    It's 50% me and 50% tzatziki brigade. If we're being honest.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I wonder what he'd give up for Vlad Jr now with the universal DH...
    Facts can be hypothetical.

all that is true. Braves were 1 win away from the WS, I wish fans here would lose their **** sometimes as well. Nothing short of a WS appearance is acceptable
    Last edited by hanton; 10-19-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234