Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 99 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3833
  1. #1471
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,309
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Same thought crossed my mind.
    Keep Frazier around until Stanton gets hurt week 2.

  2. #1472
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,091
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Keep Frazier around until Stanton gets hurt week 2.
    I will be shocked if Stanton makes it that far.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #1473
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Cost is also a factor that must be considered. Brantley made $16M in 2020. Frazier was a minimum wage player.
    brantley turns 34 next may he did not have a good season last year compared to previous years.. he was a dh late in season and playoffs due to a injury he may be starting to go on the downslide of his career

  4. #1474
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    How's this for fun Doc?
    Sign Tanaka, Brantley and DJ.
    Trade Judge, Peraza, Abreu for Lindor.

    Trade Voit, Andujar, Garcia, Schmidt and filler for a TORP guy for giggles wiki will say Bieber


    DJ
    Brantley
    Torres
    Lindor
    Stanton
    Hicks
    Frazier
    Gio
    Higgy

    Cole
    Bieber
    Tank
    German
    Monty
    Who does that leave for a bench when Stanton gets hurt?-the bat boy?

  5. #1475
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,309
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    brantley turns 34 next may he did not have a good season last year compared to previous years.. he was a dh late in season and playoffs due to a injury he may be starting to go on the downslide of his career
    The man had a 134 wRC+ in 2020, a 133 wRC+ in 2019, and a 124 wRC+ in 2018. Please tell me more about how he wasn't as good last year as he was in previous years.

  6. #1476
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,309
    Also, I haven't seen his name mentioned once, but if the Yanks can't land Lindor I would take a shot on Marcus Semien for SS. Great defensively with a lot of offensive upside if you believe in his 2019 season. I think you at least get an average offensive player who will take walks and has some pop in his bat with great defense at SS.

  7. #1477
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,988
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The man had a 134 wRC+ in 2020, a 133 wRC+ in 2019, and a 124 wRC+ in 2018. Please tell me more about how he wasn't as good last year as he was in previous years.
    Lol

  8. #1478
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The man had a 134 wRC+ in 2020, a 133 wRC+ in 2019, and a 124 wRC+ in 2018. Please tell me more about how he wasn't as good last year as he was in previous years.
    slugging down ops down batting average down only had 22 rbis ,, in a full season he would have had only in the 70's in rbis.. he is 34 next year don't sign a a aging player to a 3 year contract does not end up well.. also in a big playoff spot brantley failed in game 7 vs tampa.. plus i like to finally give frazier the job.. why are the yanks afraid to do that? frazier proved he could be a full time starter in the outfield ...

  9. #1479
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,850
    INF Gio Urshela underwent surgery today to remove a bone chip from his right elbow. The procedure was performed by Yankees Head Team Physician Dr. Christopher Ahmad at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital & went as expected. Urshela’s anticipated recovery time from surgery is 3 months.

    - NYY Twitter Feed

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #1480
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,309
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    slugging down ops down batting average down only had 22 rbis ,, in a full season he would have had only in the 70's in rbis.. he is 34 next year don't sign a a aging player to a 3 year contract does not end up well.. also in a big playoff spot brantley failed in game 7 vs tampa.. plus i like to finally give frazier the job.. why are the yanks afraid to do that? frazier proved he could be a full time starter in the outfield ...
    Ah, the classic RBI and 1 AB sample size argument.

  11. #1481
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,850
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Ah, the classic RBI and 1 AB sample size argument.
    Just remember who you're trying to have a conversation with.

    Unfortunately, logic isn't strong with some.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  12. #1482
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,309
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Just remember who you're trying to have a conversation with.

    Unfortunately, logic isn't strong with some.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Get me a list of free agents ranked by how many RBIs they had in 2020.

  13. #1483
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,091
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The man had a 134 wRC+ in 2020, a 133 wRC+ in 2019, and a 124 wRC+ in 2018. Please tell me more about how he wasn't as good last year as he was in previous years.
    Stanton would only be DH. So My guess is his shelf life would be slightly longer, of course, we can never rule out him hurting his shoulder while tying his shoe.
    We'd have Tauchman, so you could stick him in RF and make Clint the DH or use Ford? Maybe a guy show up to ST and gets on the roster for his bat. Gittens?

    Then again, my scenarios is so fantasy driven and money is no object so we could just sign someone to sit on the bench. Your choice



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #1484
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,091
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Ah, the classic RBI and 1 AB sample size argument.
    Do you remember the Pinto? That is a classic car. But it kept blowing up so it was discontinued. Much like his arguments.



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #1485
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,091
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Also, I haven't seen his name mentioned once, but if the Yanks can't land Lindor I would take a shot on Marcus Semien for SS. Great defensively with a lot of offensive upside if you believe in his 2019 season. I think you at least get an average offensive player who will take walks and has some pop in his bat with great defense at SS.
    I would rather them go with Didi if they chose that route. I would rather have a lefty bat and someone we knew could play here.
    Semien is a good fielder for sure but not a good enough bat to move any needles. I would rather them stay with Torres at SS.



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •