Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 98 of 256 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Anyone else think that the Yanks my be crying poor far more than they actually are. Holder, Heller and Cessa were all expected to be non tendered and if they were really Cash strapped Sanchez. yet only Holder at around 1m was cut? They could have saved 10m plus but they only saved 1m? Stories just don't match up IMO.

Just my guess reading the tea leaves of the Yanks rumors, off season notes but if they were really as cash strapped as they are saying then I would have expected more cuts.

Look at the Cubs, they let 2 very solid players go in Schwarber and Almora. Jr. They proved how much financial trouble they are in, us not so much IMO.

I hope the rest of the off season reflects that they have some money to actually give us a solid chance as a winner
    I think the pandemic has given many franchises the perfect excuse to be cheap af this off-season. Hopefully the ownership groups that aren't playing this game will capitalize on the depressed market.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    What would u think of that rotation is it included 2 of Tanaka, Klubers or Susan in it to start the yr?
    Is Susan hot? Then I would be into watching her pitch. Oh wait? Did you mean Suzyn Waldman and it spell corrected? She could be a beast out of the pen. Add Meredith and we got a dynamic duo

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I think the pandemic has given many franchises the perfect excuse to be cheap af this off-season. Hopefully the ownership groups that aren't playing this game will capitalize on the depressed market.
    I don't believe it's an excuse, particularly for small market clubs. No gate, limited TV revs.

I do agree it's a HUGELY attractive acquisition environment. We have already witnessed salary dumps.

Sell the Team, HAL!

"We get a little tired of people criticizing us... We put people in their seats everywhere we play. They come out because they love us or they hate us... I think it's important to sports to have an attraction. There's no doubt about it the Yankees are." -George Steinbrenner

Sell the Team, HAL!

Pat Ragazzo@ragazzoreport
    Source: Iím being told the #Yankees still wonít budge on giving D.J. LeMahieu a 5-year deal. Both sides remain at a stalemate, however, LeMahieu desires to stay in the Bronx

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I don't believe it's an excuse, particularly for small market clubs. No gate, limited TV revs.

I do agree it's a HUGELY attractive acquisition environment. We have already witnessed salary dumps.
    These franchises obviously lost money due to the pandemic but I'd bet that all of them are far from from seriously financially handicapped (and they all know full well they'll be swimming in profits once again in the near future). For businesses like this, the pandemic has been a hiccup, not some sort of death blow.

Pat Ragazzo@ragazzoreport
    Source: Iím being told the #Yankees still wonít budge on giving D.J. LeMahieu a 5-year deal. Both sides remain at a stalemate, however, LeMahieu desires to stay in the Bronx
    even in a 4 year deal the yanks probably will get burned by d.j due to the fact he would turn 37 that year and will nowhere be the player he is now..

Olneys report on Yanks interest in Brantley
    https://sports.yahoo.com/yankees-had...l?guccounter=1

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Olneys report on Yanks interest in Brantley
    https://sports.yahoo.com/yankees-had...l?guccounter=1
    I know it's a long shot. But, I'd love him and DJ in the line up together.

Would really break up Stanton/Judge/Voit with more contact style hitters and give better balance.

I still think pitching should be the priority of course but yeah.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I know it's a long shot. But, I'd love him and DJ in the line up together.

Would really break up Stanton/Judge/Voit with more contact style hitters and give better balance.

I still think pitching should be the priority of course but yeah.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Brantley and DJ would be fantastic together in the lineup. Much like DJ, Brantley is just a tough out and puts the ball in play

My question is, who's the odd man out? Frazier? If they go the Bradley route, I have to think Frazier and Andujar are going somewhere in a package for a pitcher.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    These franchises obviously lost money due to the pandemic but I'd bet that all of them are far from from seriously financially handicapped (and they all know full well they'll be swimming in profits once again in the near future). For businesses like this, the pandemic has been a hiccup, not some sort of death blow.
    I haven't read about any chapter 11 filings so in that regard you are correct. Imo it's more than a hiccup for some.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Brantley and DJ would be fantastic together in the lineup. Much like DJ, Brantley is just a tough out and puts the ball in play

My question is, who's the odd man out? Frazier? If they go the Bradley route, I have to think Frazier and Andujar are going somewhere in a package for a pitcher.
    Same thought crossed my mind.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    even in a 4 year deal the yanks probably will get burned by d.j due to the fact he would turn 37 that year and will nowhere be the player he is now..

And exactly how do you know what kind of player he will be today or any other day? Maybe they shouldn't sign him at all because he won't be the same player in 2021. Do you see the stupidity there?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Cost is also a factor that must be considered. Brantley made $16M in 2020. Frazier was a minimum wage player.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Same thought crossed my mind.
    How's this for fun Doc?
    Sign Tanaka, Brantley and DJ.
    Trade Judge, Peraza, Abreu for Lindor.

Trade Voit, Andujar, Garcia, Schmidt and filler for a TORP guy for giggles wiki will say Bieber

DJ
    Brantley
    Torres
    Lindor
    Stanton
    Hicks
    Frazier
    Gio
    Higgy

Cole
    Bieber
    Tank