Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 255 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3819
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    The thought of trading players like Voit, Frazier, and others for a pitcher is insane when an ace like Bauer is available for only money, which the Yankees have in abundance.
    Oh i totally agree with that but i doubt the yanks will sign him because hal doesn’t want to spend much this winter . Which I think is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    look at baseball reference at paul goldschmidt freddie freeman and anthony rizzo for the last 3 years you will have your answer..
    baseball refernece will confirm everything i've said, even tho they don't wRC+.

3. 11-14-2020, 01:32 AM
    Reason
    trolling

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The thought of trading players like Voit, Frazier, and others for a pitcher is insane when an ace like Bauer is available for only money, which the Yankees have in abundance.
    I agree. Many, if not all posters have commented that Cole should put aside his ego and suggest the Yankees sign Bauer. I firmly believe if they don't, the Mets will and they will have the best rotation in the entire MLB.

There are very few pitchers I'd consider moving the aforementioned. They need to be a Bieber type pitcher. TORP, 27 or under with a couple years of control.

Ignorance is bliss

Col is rumored to be shopping Marquez. I wonder if Miggy, plus a couple pitching prospects not in the top 5-7 would get it done. He would be more of a 3 with upside than a number 2.

As far as Bauer goes he's the only FA upgrade on the FA market, Tanaka and Morton might be the 2nd/3rd best options after him. I do agree it would be smarter to sign him for just money but unless Hal changes his mind on how much he;s going to spend were not getting both him and DJ.

So far other than Morton the Yanks haven't really been connected to any FA pitchers. They seem far more concerned with upgrading at SS and C. I gotta believe they are waiting to see who becomes available on the trade market to fix the rotation and let the BP market play out and make addition to the BP that way

I am very happy you are not the Yankees GM.
    You're not alone with that thought. Imagine him and Johnny running a team?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You're not alone with that thought. Imagine him and Johnny running a team?
    we'd be the O's with a 220m payroll within a yr

What I do like like about Bauer, no question he can pitch, the idea of a one year contract and gambling on your ability to get you the next one.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    What I do like like about Bauer, no question he can pitch, the idea of a one year contract and gambling on your ability to get you the next one.
    do you really think he ends up taking a 1yr deal. I think he ends up with 4yrs minimum. My guess he sign with the Padres or Mets for something like 4yrs 132m , putting his AAV behind only Cole and Stras for pitchers

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    do you really think he ends up taking a 1yr deal. I think he ends up with 4yrs minimum. My guess he sign with the Padres or Mets for something like 4yrs 132m , putting his AAV behind only Cole and Stras for pitchers
    You may be right, just repeating what Bauer has said more than once.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I have to believe he would love to go to the mets, just to screw with Cole. It would be awesome for NY baseball. It would be incredibly entertaining.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have to believe he would love to go to the mets, just to screw with Cole. It would be awesome for NY baseball. It would be incredibly entertaining.
    I actually would like to see the Mets become extremely competitive again. It forces Hal to spend money to try and ensure the we don't become the 2nd best team in NY. If the Mets choose to go all in this yr, IMO if Hal doesn't spend some money this winter, there is a strong possibility they are better than us next yr.

The one thing that might prevent them from signing Bauer is that Stroman to the QO. I think they focus more of CF and C

I actually would like to see the Mets become extremely competitive again. It forces Hal to spend money to try and ensure the we don't become the 2nd best team in NY. If the Mets choose to go all in this yr, IMO if Hal doesn't spend some money this winter, there is a strong possibility they are better than us next yr.

The one thing that might prevent them from signing Bauer is that Stroman to the QO. I think they focus more of CF and C
    Hicks, Sanchez, Garcia for Thor.
    Mets then have the loot to sign Bauer and the yankees get a 1-2 of Cole and Thor.

Talkman CF, Frazier LF, Judge RF. Higgy is your C

Cole
    Thor
    Sevy
    Monty
    German-Schmidt

Ignorance is bliss

^ works 4 me

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hicks, Sanchez, Garcia for Thor.
    Mets then have the loot to sign Bauer and the yankees get a 1-2 of Cole and Thor.

Talkman CF, Frazier LF, Judge RF. Higgy is your C

Cole
    Thor
    Sevy
    Monty
    German-Schmidt
    Thor is coming back from TJ surgery and you want to give away our top pitching prospect for him for a one year rental?

You really think hal cares about being the best in ny? The mets were the best in ny in 2015 and Hal didn’t do anything