Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 77 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3329
  1. #1141
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,826
    Doc and Day, fair point about Jeter vs. Bauer.
    I have to concede that argument. Jeter did keep it quiet Bauer does not. The goal may be the same but the route taken was different like that. They were both very into casual encounters but Jeter kept it quiet.

    All right, so they are similar in 2 out of the 3.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #1142
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,826
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Klown i kinda see it differently, I don't remember Jeter going out and giving interviews about his sex life like that. The press, because of the high profile of the women that he primarily dated and his own high profile, talked about his private life on their own. The stalked Jeter trying to get pics of him with the next Diva/model/actress, he wasn't doing it to create a fan base or Brand. 1 other thing about Jeter, he was a home grown, face of the franchise that literally could do no wrong in the fans eyes, Bauer would be a hired gun that the fan base has no deep connection to

    If Bauer or anybody else wants to go out and have the kind of sex life that he described , the women know that up front and its among consenting adults its really not anyone but their business. I know quite a few pro athletes and the majority of them are all very, very similar to what Bauer is describing, so his actions aren't a shock, its that he's putting it out there publicly.

    My original point is that there is a " Yankee Way" and a definite type of player that the Yanks target and players that give those types of interviews aren't the type of player the Yanks bring in through FA. They look for the professional type of player like Cole, Bauer is very different than that mold. If Hal is going to add another 30m plus pitcher 1 yr after giving the biggest pitching contract in baseball , iI think they would like to sign someone that fights their mold.

    Bauer is a great pitcher, he also is extremely outspoken on controversial issues, openly trolls other players, teams or anything he sees is open season. He goes right back at the media when he wants to and that really might not play well as a Yankee in NY. Completely just my opinion but i would be very surprised if the Yanks seriously considered signing him to a long term deal.

    For sure. They will be terrified of him.

    That's exactly why I think he ends up on the Mets.
    Degrom
    Bauer
    Thor.

    Nasty.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #1143
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Doc and Day, fair point about Jeter vs. Bauer.
    I have to concede that argument. Jeter did keep it quiet Bauer does not. The goal may be the same but the route taken was different like that. They were both very into casual encounters but Jeter kept it quiet.

    All right, so they are similar in 2 out of the 3.
    Jeter didnít keep it very quiet . He admitted that was why he didnít want to get married until after his career was over . I mean he kind of made fun of his lifestyle in an old credit card commercial with George back in the 90s. I still think not signing Bauer for that reason is just bs .and if the mets get him then donít be wondering why they will be winning a ws before the yanks get #28

  4. #1144
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Jeter didnít keep it very quiet . He admitted that was why he didnít want to get married until after his career was over . I mean he kind of made fun of his lifestyle in an old credit card commercial with George back in the 90s. I still think not signing Bauer for that reason is just bs .and if the mets get him then donít be wondering why they will be winning a ws before the yanks get #28
    The difference they pointe out was that Jeter didn't openly talk or write about his hook ups, whereas Bauer flaunts them.
    I don't have a problem with it but I can see why many would. I would not let it deter me from signing him but the Yankees likely will.

    Babe Ruth ate like a pig and drank like a fish, if he were around now the media would annihilate him. Bauer's vice seems to be women. In today's climate, he will be a target for sure.
    I don't think he cares but some teams will.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #1145
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The difference they pointe out was that Jeter didn't openly talk or write about his hook ups, whereas Bauer flaunts them.
    I don't have a problem with it but I can see why many would. I would not let it deter me from signing him but the Yankees likely will.

    Babe Ruth ate like a pig and drank like a fish, if he were around now the media would annihilate him. Bauer's vice seems to be women. In today's climate, he will be a target for sure.
    I don't think he cares but some teams will.
    Jeter didnít have to openly talk about it since he left it out there for all to see when he paraded model and star after star at ball games . The Yankees have two wife beaters in the team right now and there is supposed to be a ď yankee wayĒ preventing the yanks from getting Bauer ? Come on. I mean this ď yankee wayĒ didnít keep the yanks from trading for arod and he cheated on his wife while a yankee.

  6. #1146
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The difference they pointe out was that Jeter didn't openly talk or write about his hook ups, whereas Bauer flaunts them.
    I don't have a problem with it but I can see why many would. I would not let it deter me from signing him but the Yankees likely will.

    Babe Ruth ate like a pig and drank like a fish, if he were around now the media would annihilate him. Bauer's vice seems to be women. In today's climate, he will be a target for sure.
    I don't think he cares but some teams will.
    ruth made more money then the president.. he was the greatest baseball player of all time any negative comments about him goes in one ear and out the other....

  7. #1147
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,758
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    saying luke voit is the best hitting first baseman in baseball the last 3 years is 100% wrong on every level... and that is a fact
    Look at Luke Voits wRC+ from 2018-2020, and then compare it to every other first baseman from that time. I'll wait.

  8. #1148
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,826
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    ruth made more money then the president.. he was the greatest baseball player of all time any negative comments about him goes in one ear and out the other....
    That's because as you display again, there is literally nothing to between your ears to slow that process



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #1149
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,727
    New York post claimed ''per sauces''

    That the Yankees are willing to trade Sanchez and are open to offers.

    Take from it what you will.

    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised though. Guys super talented but either gets injured or has something else happen. I think he lets his defense effect his offense, or vise versa.

    Don't think the coaching staff has done a good job with him.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #1150
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Look at Luke Voits wRC+ from 2018-2020, and then compare it to every other first baseman from that time. I'll wait.
    look at baseball reference at paul goldschmidt freddie freeman and anthony rizzo for the last 3 years you will have your answer..

  11. #1151
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,009
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    New York post claimed ''per sauces''

    That the Yankees are willing to trade Sanchez and are open to offers.

    Take from it what you will.

    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised though. Guys super talented but either gets injured or has something else happen. I think he lets his defense effect his offense, or vise versa.

    Don't think the coaching staff has done a good job with him.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Gary is not super talented . Does he have great power ? Yes but a super talented player he is not . His defense is subpar at best . As for trading him , this should have been done for realmuto 2 years ago . I will really be surprised if they trade him because I donít think anyone will offer cashman what he thinks Sanchez is worth .

  12. #1152
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    I'd pass. Darvish turns 35 next year. Why give young assets to save a little bit of money and get an inferior product over the next 3 years.
    Not in favo of that trade but watching Darvish throw 12 different types of pitches during a game would be entertaining.

  13. #1153
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    As good As Dominguez is , is he a starting pitcher? No he isnít . And for years now the yanks have come up short because of lack of starting pitching , especially this season . Now I am not saying I would trade him for darvish but at the same time if winning a ws now is the objective , I would consider it
    I am very happy you are not the Yankees GM.

  14. #1154
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,009
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I am very happy you are not the Yankees GM.
    Did I say I would trade him for darvish ? No I didnít I only said I would consider it .

  15. #1155
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    335
    The thought of trading players like Voit, Frazier, and others for a pitcher is insane when an ace like Bauer is available for only money, which the Yankees have in abundance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •