Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3834
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Very interesting trade rumor. Yanks are said to have exchanged medicals with the Brewers on Sanchez, Andujar, Garcia, Schmidt and Gil and we got Haders medicals.

Brewers are looking for MLB ready bats that aren't expensive so Sanchez and Andujar could make alot of sense for them and then they would get 1 of our better starting pitching specs.

Should be interesting to see if any comes of it, Hader would be a huge addition to the pen.
    I personally think that is way too much to give up for Hader.
    Something like, Sanchez, Schmidt and Gil plus another mid level? Yes

Ignorance is bliss

In the current market, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I personally think that is way too much to give up for Hader.
    Something like, Sanchez, Schmidt and Gil plus another mid level? Yes
    U really would rather give up multiple pitching specs vs Andujar?

Going after Hader and using some of our better assets to get a reliever in this market would be a mistake IMO. There are quite a few very good FA relievers available and they aren't going to be extremely expensive. Upgrade the BP through FA and save the trade assets to get starting pitching or Lindor

Views from 314 off season plan. Its worth a look. https://viewsfrom314ft.com/the-vf314...ffseason-plan/

Their trade proposal for Lindor, Miguel Andújar, Mike Tauchman, Jonathan Loaisiga, Estevan Florial, and Oswald Peraza for Francisco Lindor. I'm not sure the Indians let Lindor go without atleast 1 of Voit, Frazier, Garcia or Schmidt but as they mentioned Cleveland has preferred quantity over quality of specs in their recent deals like Bauer and Clevenger. They ran it through a trade simulator and the deal works value wise according to that site.

Jon Heyman is also reporting that the Yanks are really looking into the SS market but he didn't mention any names.

Heyman is reporting that the Yanks have already been in contact with Andrelton Simmons and they previously tried to trade for him at the 2020 deadline.

He also said that resigning DJ is still their top priority but resigning him wouldn't necessarily stop them from pursuing another SS. He said the Yanks still like the idea of using DJ in a super utility role

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    U really would rather give up multiple pitching specs vs Andujar?

Going after Hader and using some of our better assets to get a reliever in this market would be a mistake IMO. There are quite a few very good FA relievers available and they aren't going to be extremely expensive. Upgrade the BP through FA and save the trade assets to get starting pitching or Lindor
    I would be fine doing Andujar and Schmidt or Gil. I just wouldn't do Sanchez and Andujar and those pitchers.

Ignorance is bliss

I would be fine doing Andujar and Schmidt or Gil. I just wouldn't do Sanchez and Andujar and those pitchers.
    I don’t understand why you wouldn’t include andujar and Sanchez in that trade . Andujar has no place on this team because of Stanton and his own defense . As for Sanchez it’s just time to move on from him while they can .I much rather they trade those two than give up Gil or Garcia for lindor .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I don’t understand why you wouldn’t include andujar and Sanchez in that trade . Andujar has no place on this team because of Stanton and his own defense . As for Sanchez it’s just time to move on from him while they can .I much rather they trade those two than give up Gil or Garcia for lindor .

The trade to which I responded was regaling Hader, not lindor

I was saying I wouldn't give up the group originally listed but instead a combo.

I would give up Andujar, Sanchez and Gil fo Hader. I wouldn't part with Schmidt or Garcia for him

For Lindor I would move Andujar, Sanchez, Florial, and 1 of Gil, Schmidt or Garcia
    Or I pull Florial and give them Gil and one of Schmidt or Garcia

Ignorance is bliss

I was saying I wouldn't give up the group originally listed but instead a combo.

I would give up Andujar, Sanchez and Gil fo Hader. I wouldn't part with Schmidt or Garcia for him

For Lindor I would move Andujar, Sanchez, Florial, and 1 of Gil, Schmidt or Garcia

Now that makes great sense since I believe both teams the Yankees would be trading with are looking for bats more than pitching

Sanchez, florial can go, but not for a reliever, sorry. As for Andujar, what are you going to do if Hicks, Judge or even Frazier go down. Two out of those 3 are almost assured to end up on the IL for an extended period of time. Who will play left field and also provide offense from that position? Will lindor shag fly balls for you?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Sanchez, florial can go, but not for a reliever, sorry. As for Andujar, what are you going to do if Hicks, Judge or even Frazier go down. Two out of those 3 are almost assured to end up on the IL for an extended period of time. Who will play left field and also provide offense from that position? Will lindor shag fly balls for you?
    Are you seriously advocating for Andujar to get playing time in the outfield(once injuries happen)

What a terrible idea.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    D.J. LeMahieu will not accept the Yankees’ $18.9 million qualifying offer by Wednesday’s deadline, per source. Not a surprising development, as LeMahieu has put together two stellar seasons in New York and is considered to be one of the top free agents on the market.
    - Mark Feinsand

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

You really want andujar starting in the outfield ? His defense is not good at all . With florial the Yankees already have 5 or 6 guys who can play the outfield . There is no place on this team for andujar .

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    - Mark Feinsand

Can’t say it surprises me either . He wants more than 20 mill a year. Can only hope he is negotiating with the yanks for a new deal as we speak
    Last edited by Posada20; 11-10-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Tauchman as 4th outfielder.