Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 256 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    I thought getting Gerit Cole gets us further in Oct.

Houston loses Verlander and are a series away from the WS.

Yes they cheated in the past but not now. And they have less and still advanced, without Cole. We got Cole and we are at home watching. Hilarious!
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Love it all. However:

A. None of those pieces gets close to Hader. You'd have to include the Martian and Gil. And, I'm not moving the Martian.

B. There is no way to move Stanton. The Yankees are going to have to move Judge. Perhaps Judge can be the cornerstone piece that yields Hader.
    Absolutely. I figured those to be starting points.

I've also said the same about Judge. We can't have Judge, Stanton and Sanchez. (It looks like Sanchez has removed himself from the mix).
    The signing of Stanton puts them in a precarious position and was very short sighted. I was adamantly against it when it happened and still dislike it.
    Unless Hal gives the go ahead to break the bank, by signing Stanton, you have effectively limited yourself to sign Judge, Torres and at one point, we thought Sanchez, not to mention guys like Frazier, Andujar, Gio, Voit...

I do think there is a way to get all of those things done. Might need to get creative but I think they could get Lindor and Hader via trade.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Only in MLB can a Gary Sanchez get a raise after his beautiful 2020 season.

Freaking pathetic!
    He's arb 2 or 3 eligible. It will be interesting to see what happens. I wonder if he pushes or is happy to have what he does?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I like a lot of this.

My own take on it would be:

We have at least 88 mil coming off the books and a ‘deadpool’ of surplus talent/prospects with no path forward on this team.

Gary, Andujar, Florial, Abreu, Schmidt, Ford, King, Tauchman, and even Clint and Voit can all be used in aome capacity to engender MEANINGFUL (Brian Cashman doesn’t know the meaning of the word) negotiations.

1) Sign Bauer
    2) Sign a lower cost, reliably consistent #3. Tanaka is done. He has now pitched three consecutive sub-5 inning starts in clutch October games going back to last year’s Minnesota stop where the old Tanaka was needed most and utterly failed to materialize. You mentioned Brantley above. Think of that type of talent in a starting pitching role.
    3) Sign/acquire Hader immediately. Need a new version of Miller/Dellin to ease the quantitative burden on Chapstick and Britton. I’d even entertain using him in the 9th in these high leverage, must-have games where Chapman has failed two years in a row.
    4) seriously explore Lindor. A high contact/high production talent akin to what we have in DJ and potentially have in Torres who can field his position and allows you to return Torres to his more comfortable position. Use the above mentioned ‘deadpool’ of surplus talent to put together a SERIOUS package and not some typical Cashman half-arsed attempt to appear cute and svelte.
    5) resign/lockup DJ immediately
    6) unload Ottovino. Experiment failed.
    7) rotation: Cole, Bauer, #3, Deivi, Monty
    8) bullpen: Greene, Kahnle, Severino as your mid-stopper crew. Britton, Hader, Chapman as your power late innings crew.
    9) fire Boone before the plane leaves San Diego
    10) fire Cashman before the end of the World Series before negotiations begin.
    I like a lot of what you and Sauron said as well. But I have a few that I disagree with and two moves to add:

AGREE:
    --I don't think Hal will be ok with another 25-30mil pitching signing, so that rules out Bauer;
    --Explore a trade for Lindor. The serious package that will get it done starts, and might end with Torres in a one-for-one swap. After all, Lindor will be entering his walk year.

ADDS:
    --Trade Sanchez and try to get a good young reliever or SP for him;
    --Try to get something for Stanton. At any other time this would be an impossibility, but with the DH probably expanding into the NL this might be a real opportunity, even if we have to throw in some $$$ to make it happen. Maybe the Brewers want a basher and would trade us Hader for GC and some salary relief.

Quote Originally Posted by bitobi View Post
    Agree with Buck, if that doesn't pan out bring back JoeT.

Could we stop this nonsense? Buck nor Joe are coming back. GOT IT?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well I disagree I am not convinced that having sevy or Paxton would have changed the outcome of this series . What changed the outcome was the stupid decision to go with an opener in game 2. . Tanaka should have started that game.

If Sevy or Paxton were here, Garcia wouldn't have started game 2. Could have made a huge difference.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Word is out that Hal will order the payroll to be below $210 million. That means forget about JT, Lindor and or Bauer...

A stopgap SS for 2021 and then next offseason is when to strike for a high profile SS.

Trade Voit and Sanchez and then no more worries with Sanchez anymore, too much drama.

The Rays beat us with a $50 million payroll....no need to spend that much for this offseason.

Hey Nicky...could you show us that "WORD" that is out? Thanks....
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Yankees need to trade Ursela or Voit or both. Maybe Judge and Sanchez for arms if you want to move the needle. You can place DJ at first and Andujar at third. Even move Torres to second and either get Lindor for SS or an other better defensive short stop, maybe Gregorious who was clutch when healthy and hits left handed. How about that for a shake up ? Frazier.

Andujar at 3rd over Urshela. Let's say NO. Andujar isn't half the 3rd baseman Urshela is.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

hal want the payroll slashed below $210 million, forget lindor for 2021.

link plesae!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

If that’s the case then might as well go into another soft rebuild mode like they did in 2016 . Just trade everything they can and rebuild from there . All they are gonna do is just waste the best years of cole’s and Stanton’s long contracts . I am fine with that to hell with it .
    Can you say NUTS?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Forget making the playoffs in 2021 if that 210 mill target is real

Can you say NUTS?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    if that is dj asking price that is absurd for a guy who will be corner infielder in 2 years ..and dj vanished last few games vs tampa nowhere to be found..

SERIOUSLY? He won the batting title, but he vanished the LAST FEW GAMES, so he's worthless. You should be totally embarrassed saying something that ridiculous. And I know you didn't say he was worthless, but you sure implied it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Where did you hear that?

Figure we are at about $160M without ARB increases. ARB increases takes us to about $190M. Gardy buyout means there is $17.5M to spend. Forget Lindor or Bauer. That probably means no extension for DJ. All we can afford will be a mid level starter (think Happ 2.0), which is an absolutely necessary with 3 starters coming off.

That means no playoffs for a while. A team 4 years into its window needs to spend and sell the farm to keep the window open and keep up with the talented young teams.

Under these parameters, I'd just do a complete rebuild and sell off everyone with the exception of Torres and Cole.

You're not familiar with Nicky. He hears theses strange little voices. They whisper things to him.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    I’m just here to say ******************kc Chapman

So does that mean ****************** any pitcher that gives up a HR? No what that means? You'll have no pitchers.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I think that's even an over simplification. Yes, these 3 guys form a formidable rotation. But, the Rays also have 5 guys in the pen that touch 100, don't walk many batters and can throw multiple innings. That's the real key. When they are up after 5, its game over.
    I was agreeing with Web in his general assessment. I agree and have said they have a deep and very good pen, truth is I don't believe the pen beat the Yankees in this series. Glasnow went 5 in game two and the Yanks scored one run late off Fairbanks. Game 3 Morton also went 5 gave up 1ER, the pen gave up 2. Game 5 Anderson gave up the only ER.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Page 7 of 256 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast