Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3834
    Conversely, the Yankees don't want drama or negative distraction. They want production. They want as little negative attention as possible. They want zero distractions in the locker room and off the field. They want more reserved personalities (like Cole, Judge, Stanton, Torres etc.).

some promising news on a vaccine today

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ve-pfizer-says .. yanks lost so much money last year that is why the yanks won't do much spending this offseason.. if a vaccine is available in december and by the time the regular season starts maybe fans will be allowed in seats until then the yanks will be misers

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Conversely, the Yankees don't want drama or negative distraction. They want production. They want as little negative attention as possible. They want zero distractions in the locker room and off the field. They want more reserved personalities (like Cole, Judge, Stanton, Torres etc.).
    it is time for the yanks do get off there high horse attitude it is strange because hal is nowhere like his father he is more open minded...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    it is time for the yanks do get off there high horse attitude it is strange because hal is nowhere like his father he is more open minded...
    I have to disagree. They have a brand to protect. A reputation. A history and tradition. They don't need distraction. They should remain focused on the goal....to win! Rules, order and clearly defined boundaries are essential. Hal is not nearly as petty as George. What he does understand is protecting the Yankee brand and legacy.

They don't need Bauer blasting the press or umps or the league or his teammates on social media! Those are the distraction that are least conducive to a winning atmosphere. Love his arm, wish he kept his mouth closed. No question he is the best arm available, but it comes at a price with quite a bit of baggage.

I have to disagree. They have a brand to protect. A reputation. A history and tradition. They don't need distraction. They should remain focused on the goal....to win! Rules, order and clearly defined boundaries are essential. Hal is not nearly as petty as George. What he does understand is protecting the Yankee brand and legacy.

They don't need Bauer blasting the press or umps or the league or his teammates on social media! Those are the distraction that are least conducive to a winning atmosphere. Love his arm, wish he kept his mouth closed. No question he is the best arm available, but it comes at a price with quite a bit of baggage.
    They didnít have a problem with cc getting suspended for throwing at oppposing hitters . And these days when he bad mouths cashman for what they did in game 2.. he is a special adviser to cashman or something like that . And look at all the players with questionable ethics that George brought in in the 90s . Like strawberry , gooden, wells , Clemens . And donít get me started on German and Chapman , two wife beaters that are still on this team .

Who was the Yankees best starting pitcher in 2019?
    last i check German won 18 games ? but as you know he's not very good according to some people

what about the yankee ridiculous policy on players having no long hair or facial hair...

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    what about the yankee ridiculous policy on players having no long hair or facial hair...
    Not as ridiculous as many of your statements

Yet, here we are.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The Yankees not wanting drama is a lie and they proved that when they traded for Chapman a few years ago right after he was suspended for hitting his wife . If they donít get Bauer it is because Hal didnít want to spend money plain and simple

Silly and antiquated.

But they do look like professional ball players. I guess it would depend on your interpretation of what a pro ball player should look like.
    Last edited by drt1010; 11-09-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Hereís an interesting idea:

1. Trade Judge for Woodruff and Hader (via a an concept suggested in an article). I think you would probably have to add some pieces so letís say Ottavino and a minor league pitching prospect.

2. Sign Hand

3. Sign DJ for 1B

4. Trade for Lindor. Package includes Voit, Schmidt, Peraza and a pitching prospect

5. DFA Cessa to save money.

Starting rotation:
    1. Cole
    2. Woodruff
    3. Deivi/Sevy
    4. Monty
    5. German

Bullpen:
    1. Chapman
    2. Britton
    3. Hader
    4. Hand
    6. Green
    7. King/Loggy/Heller/Holder/German

Line-up:
    1. Lindor ss
    2. Torres 2b
    3. DJ 1b
    4. Stanton rf
    5. Frazier. lf
    6. Andujar dh (start giving him of reps too and see if it sticks)
    7. Urshella
    8. Higgy/Sanchez
    9. Hicks

Subs:
    1. Higgy/Sanchez
    2. Wade
    3. Tauchman
    4. Ford

Starting pitching would still be a little light. But, bullpen should make up for it, especially in the playoffs. If Sevy comes back to form, thatís a strong 1-3 for the playoffs.
    The most difficult issue is see with that plan besides Hal unlikely to spend enough to get that all done, is Judges value. It presents the same problem with trying to resign him. When he's on the field he's an MVP type player but he's only averaging 110 games a yr. If they try to move Judge this off season coming off another injury plagued season they would be selling massively low on him. They need to give him 1 more yr to see if he can stay healthy and perform like he did in 17.

Hader is awesome but with all the quality FA relievers on the market it would be far easier to build the BP that way rather than moving Judge for him and a fairly unproven starting pitching.

I would also like to see a stronger RHed reliever in the BP rather than having our 4 best reliever being LHed

I do think that is a pretty realistic package for Lindor but i'm not sure Cash or Hal is going to want to give up that kind of package that represents alot of controllable, cheap, high ceiling talent AND have to give him an big extension.

I would be thrilled but extremely shocked if they ended up with both DJ and Lindor

Id also like to see a better bench than that, all 3 of Wade, Talkman and Ford were really bad this yr. In a market when better than league average player are going to struggle to get veteran minimums, you could put together a better bench very cheaply
    Last edited by dayners81; 11-09-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Very interesting trade rumor. Yanks are said to have exchanged medicals with the Brewers on Sanchez, Andujar, Garcia, Schmidt and Gil and we got Haders medicals.

Brewers are looking for MLB ready bats that aren't expensive so Sanchez and Andujar could make alot of sense for them and then they would get 1 of our better starting pitching specs.

Should be interesting to see if any comes of it, Hader would be a huge addition to the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Very interesting trade rumor. Yanks are said to have exchanged medicals with the Brewers on Sanchez, Andujar, Garcia, Schmidt and Gil and we got Haders medicals.

Brewers are looking for MLB ready bats that aren't expensive so Sanchez and Andujar could make alot of sense for them and then they would get 1 of our better starting pitching specs.

Should be interesting to see if any comes of it, Hader would be a huge addition to the pen.
    I want that trade to happen . Do it cashman!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

Giving up what few valuable chips the yankees have left, to get a set up guy, seems pointless, considering what relievers are going for in this market. If Woodruff was up for grabs then i say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Giving up what few valuable chips the yankees have left, to get a set up guy, seems pointless, considering what relievers are going for in this market. If Woodruff was up for grabs then i say yes.
    Sanchez and Schmidt arenít that valuable right now