Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3833
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Agreed.

Imo Lindor would be a luxury. He would allow Torres to move back to 2B and DJ to 1B or trade. DJ is a better and more versatile bat. Lindor a good bat but stellar SS glove. Personally I would love for Torres to succeed at SS. I would hope they show some patience. I can envision Yanks scooping up Lindor at the RIGHT price. No question he is the top SS in MLB. If you had $20M per to spend short term would you give it to DJ or Lindor? Who improves the team more? Who gets you closer to WS? As I have said previously, Lindor is a luxury not a necessity. Imo DJ is a necessity.
    For the next y,r maybe 2yrs i think DJ is a better fit for this team. Big bodied, middle infielder don't tend to age well and with DJ being 6'4 - 6'5, in his early 30's, im concerned how well he will age as a 2nd baseman, especially for the 4-5yrs @ 22m+ he's asking for. I have no worries with DJ short term but in the next couple yrs he'll need to switch to a corner, IMO. I do think he will continue to hit very well for a number of yrs though, his approach at the plate should keep him as a .300 hitter for the next 3-4yrs. One thing that could play heavily in our favor to resign him that data shows he wouldn't be nearly as effective if he didn't play half his games in YS. U have to wonder if other teams will be cautious giving him that kinda deal with how heavily teams use analytics.

With the way Torres performed in the field and at the plate this yr i just don't think SS is his best long term position, especially when he thrived at 2nd base. We've seen with Sanchez how much consistently trying to improve defensively can take away from a players offensive production. I would hate to see Torres bat decline because he was spending most his time trying to improve defensively.

If the price is right for Lindor and it keeps him away from the Dodgers, i can see the Yanks heavily pursuing him. IMO he's the best SS in baseball and at 26 would be a great, great addition. 26,GG, switch hitter, stays healthy, a great approach at the plate and a perfect personality for NY would be hard to pass on.

I think he's probably a better, safer long term investment for us VS even Judge because Lindor stays on the field. With Judge struggling to play more than 110 games a yr Lindor might make more sense, IMO.

One of the big things i see holding up a deal for Lindor is Cashman has never been a fan of having to pay twice for a player. With Corea, Baez, Lindor and Seager all scheduled to become FA next yr and the market this yr not likely the best for big, long term extensions, i could see the Yanks give Torres 1 more yr at SS and if he fails target 1 of those big name SS.

In a normal yr i could see the Yanks trying to resign DJ and trade for Lindor but with the financial situation as it is who knows. Should be interesting to see what happens

If they get lindor long term you can forget about getting any starting pitching

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Iím looking at the off-season like the market. When the market tanks, thatís when everything is on sale and the rich get richer. Yanks are in a unique position to get richer. Outside of the true top tier guys, there are going to be some very solid players available for team friendly deals. I know Iím not saying anything new, but this isnít the time for the yanks to get cheap. If a player like Hand isnít wanted by their current team, there are going to be a lot of other players teams might try to dump. Could we steal a Whit Merrifield, or a ketel marte type?
    great post.
    While i think Merrifield could be moved this yr because he;s pretty expensive for the Royal, I don't think Marte will be traded.He's only 24 and signed very cheaply through 2025, unless the Dback got a monster offer for him i don't see them moving him. I was hoping the Marlins wouldn't have picked up his brothers option though. I though he would have made a strong addition to our outfield without costing a ton. With as often as Judge and Hicks get injured, Talkmans serious regression back to an MLB average player, our lack of outfield depth in the upper minors i would really like to see us add a stronger OF option thats capable of playing all 3 CF position.

I completely agree the Yanks are in a unique position to add those 2 and 3rd tier players that are going to see massive pay cuts. Just as an example, not that i would be a huge fan of signing either Paxton or Kluber but if Robbie Ray who was healthy all last yr only got 1yr8m, what kind of contract are those guys looking at. 1yr 4-5m with heavy incentives? Usually the guys that sign 1st tend to get better deals, what are guys who are going to be forced to sign later going to get. We haven't even seen the teams non tender players yet and with the expectation there is going to be a record amount of those the market is going to likely be flooded. I think players are likely going to get desperate in January and be forced to expect minimal deals with heavy incentives, veteran minimum or even MILB deals with a ST invite with an opt out. FA outside of the very top of the market are going to be cheap.

The one area that they Yanks could massively improve their team within the current market is the BP. Like u mentioned a top 3 AL reliever like Hand had zero interest at 1yr 10m, which would literally be a steal any other yr In a normal yr i would bet 25 plus teams would have jumped all over that deal if for no other reason to flip him.

As we saw in the playoffs, we could desperately use upgrades in our BP. I this market i shouldn't be incredibly expensive to get 2-3 high quality BP arms and we should be able to do it for somewhere between 12-20m. IMO this is probably the most cost effective way to upgrade this team this winter.

I also think there is a chance to pick up other quality player but unless Hal ok's spending over the 210m mark i'm not sure they will capitalize on it.

From everything i'm hearing from my source after DJ their top priority will be fixing the rotation and BP. IMO, in this market and what is currently available starting pitching wise, the BP will be a much easier to fix on the FA market

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    great post.
    While i think Merrifield could be moved this yr because he;s pretty expensive for the Royal, I don't think Marte will be traded.He's only 24 and signed very cheaply through 2025, unless the Dback got a monster offer for him i don't see them moving him. I was hoping the Marlins wouldn't have picked up his brothers option though. I though he would have made a strong addition to our outfield without costing a ton. With as often as Judge and Hicks get injured, Talkmans serious regression back to an MLB average player, our lack of outfield depth in the upper minors i would really like to see us add a stronger OF option thats capable of playing all 3 CF position.

I completely agree the Yanks are in a unique position to add those 2 and 3rd tier players that are going to see massive pay cuts. Just as an example, not that i would be a huge fan of signing either Paxton or Kluber but if Robbie Ray who was healthy all last yr only got 1yr8m, what kind of contract are those guys looking at. 1yr 4-5m with heavy incentives? Usually the guys that sign 1st tend to get better deals, what are guys who are going to be forced to sign later going to get. We haven't even seen the teams non tender players yet and with the expectation there is going to be a record amount of those the market is going to likely be flooded. I think players are likely going to get desperate in January and be forced to expect minimal deals with heavy incentives, veteran minimum or even MILB deals with a ST invite with an opt out. FA outside of the very top of the market are going to be cheap.

The one area that they Yanks could massively improve their team within the current market is the BP. Like u mentioned a top 3 AL reliever like Hand had zero interest at 1yr 10m, which would literally be a steal any other yr In a normal yr i would bet 25 plus teams would have jumped all over that deal if for no other reason to flip him.

As we saw in the playoffs, we could desperately use upgrades in our BP. I this market i shouldn't be incredibly expensive to get 2-3 high quality BP arms and we should be able to do it for somewhere between 12-20m. IMO this is probably the most cost effective way to upgrade this team this winter.

I also think there is a chance to pick up other quality player but unless Hal ok's spending over the 210m mark i'm not sure they will capitalize on it.

From everything i'm hearing from my source after DJ their top priority will be fixing the rotation and BP. IMO, in this market and what is currently available starting pitching wise, the BP will be a much easier to fix on the FA market
    hand is no lockdown reliever.. if i am a palyer on another team and i see hand on the mound i won't be intimidated by him...yanks will do a little tinkering and wish and a prayer things will be different this time around in the playoffs.. yawn....

[QUOTE=johnny ny;33687250]hand is no lockdown reliever.. if i am a palyer on another team and i see hand on the mound i won't be intimidated by him...yanks will do a little tinkering and wish and a prayer things will be different this time around in the playoffs.. yawn....[/QUOTE
    You're right Hand is no good, he was only 13 for 13 in save opportunities and had numbers as good as Britton last yr. Hand as been one of the better reliever in baseball for the last few yrs

I will gladly take hand over the likes of Cessa or laosigia in key situations .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I will gladly take hand over the likes of Cessa or laosigia in key situations .
    Anyone thatís watched 10+ innings of baseball would. Hell, Iíd take Hand over Chappy. Heís gotta be trolling at this point.

Agree with you, Day. Most cost effective way to really improve this team is through the pen. Then Iíd like to see them add Kluber and walker. Canít imagine theyíll command much. Kluber represents a medical question mark who could be solid number 3 (when Sevy returns) with ace ďtendenciesĒ. Walker seems to have finally turned a corner in his career. If you can sign him for 1 year on a show me type deal youíve set yourself up to compliment Cole beautifully.

What do you guys think of kicking the tires on Brantley and finally moving on from Brett? All he does is hit .300 AND heís a lefty. Kinda reminds me of when we signed DJ 2 years ago. Great contact hitter that we didnít need on paper, but look how that turned out.

Anyone thatís watched 10+ innings of baseball would. Hell, Iíd take Hand over Chappy. Heís gotta be trolling at this point.

Agree with you, Day. Most cost effective way to really improve this team is through the pen. Then Iíd like to see them add Kluber and walker. Canít imagine theyíll command much. Kluber represents a medical question mark who could be solid number 3 (when Sevy returns) with ace ďtendenciesĒ. Walker seems to have finally turned a corner in his career. If you can sign him for 1 year on a show me type deal youíve set yourself up to compliment Cole beautifully.

What do you guys think of kicking the tires on Brantley and finally moving on from Brett? All he does is hit .300 AND heís a lefty. Kinda reminds me of when we signed DJ 2 years ago. Great contact hitter that we didnít need on paper, but look how that turned out.
    I watched Walker pitch here is Seattle enough that i have massive concerns about him being anything more than a backend starter. He was excellent when his control/command was good but that seemed to be few and far between. I don't doubt that he could turn the corner but his sample size with Toronto wasn't very big. IMO he would represent a big question mark.

I love the upside with Kluber as well and would also like to have him as a backend starter with huge upside potential. That said he's going into his 35-36 yr old season, has pitched less than 40 innings in the last 2 yrs and missed all but 1 inning last yr. After 2yrs off really not pitching much it could be very difficult to get his stuff back to the level he'll need it to be to be as effective.

With Sevy coming back from an even longer layoff than Kluber and really not knowing what German is going to give us, i think we need to add someone who is legit #2 without the layoff/ injury history that lots of those FA on the market have. Rosenthal and Olney have been saying regularly that Morton is open to playing on the East Coast, to me he makes a ton of sense for us but the question there is going to be money.

I'm not sure there is an easy fix other than Bauer, which isn't happening, on the market now. I think the route the Yanks are going to have to go to truly get the TORP we need is on the trade market. Teams are going to be willing to part with those type of pitchers to save money and get an MLB ready or close players back in return.

I love Brantley and was a huge advocate of signing him 2yrs ago when he was a FA and i'd love to bring him on board. He is exactly the kind of hitter from the left side that we desperately need. I do see a couple of potential issues though. Brantley has regressed enough defensively that he should only be a LF/ DH and he they expect him to get 2yr deal in the 20-24m range. This off season i'm not sure Hal would be willing to spend that kind of money. We also have Frazier, who if he isn't traded for a TORP, should be our starting LFer next yr and Brantley isn't likely to want to be a 4th OF

With all the injury issues Judge and Hicks have and with Talkmans serious regression both offensively and defensively, he wasn't even MLB average this yr, if we move on from Gardy were going to need someone capable of playing a good CF.

[QUOTE=dayners81;33687387]
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    hand is no lockdown reliever.. if i am a player on another team and i see hand on the mound i won't be intimidated by him...yanks will do a little tinkering and wish and a prayer things will be different this time around in the playoffs.. yawn....[/QUOTE
    You're right Hand is no good, he was only 13 for 13 in save opportunities and had numbers as good as Britton last yr. Hand as been one of the better reliever in baseball for the last few yrs
    i seen enough of hand to know he can implode in big spots like green ottavino and chapman..

the problem with the yanks is in close games in the playoffs they do not get the big hit.. they are to home run dependent..that kind of baseball will always fail in the playoffs yanks need more contact hitters..yanks management does not seem to know this.. they have to get rid somehow get rid of a few home run hitters stanton or judge.. and voit.. judge act of being injury prone and failing in many big playoff spots is wearing thin... get some line drive contact bats..
    Last edited by johnny ny; 11-08-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I watched Walker pitch here is Seattle enough that i have massive concerns about him being anything more than a backend starter. He was excellent when his control/command was good but that seemed to be few and far between. I don't doubt that he could turn the corner but his sample size with Toronto wasn't very big. IMO he would represent a big question mark.

I love the upside with Kluber as well and would also like to have him as a backend starter with huge upside potential. That said he's going into his 35-36 yr old season, has pitched less than 40 innings in the last 2 yrs and missed all but 1 inning last yr. After 2yrs off really not pitching much it could be very difficult to get his stuff back to the level he'll need it to be to be as effective.

With Sevy coming back from an even longer layoff than Kluber and really not knowing what German is going to give us, i think we need to add someone who is legit #2 without the layoff/ injury history that lots of those FA on the market have. Rosenthal and Olney have been saying regularly that Morton is open to playing on the East Coast, to me he makes a ton of sense for us but the question there is going to be money.

I'm not sure there is an easy fix other than Bauer, which isn't happening, on the market now. I think the route the Yanks are going to have to go to truly get the TORP we need is on the trade market. Teams are going to be willing to part with those type of pitchers to save money and get an MLB ready or close players back in return.

I love Brantley and was a huge advocate of signing him 2yrs ago when he was a FA and i'd love to bring him on board. He is exactly the kind of hitter from the left side that we desperately need. I do see a couple of potential issues though. Brantley has regressed enough defensively that he should only be a LF/ DH and he they expect him to get 2yr deal in the 20-24m range. This off season i'm not sure Hal would be willing to spend that kind of money. We also have Frazier, who if he isn't traded for a TORP, should be our starting LFer next yr and Brantley isn't likely to want to be a 4th OF

With all the injury issues Judge and Hicks have and with Talkmans serious regression both offensively and defensively, he wasn't even MLB average this yr, if we move on from Gardy were going to need someone capable of playing a good CF.
    Completely agree with you. Easiest fix is Bauer, with Morton being a close second. Iím usually not in favor of dumpster diving, but I think this is the year to pay dumpster prices for mid tier pieces. Sounds like Whit makes more and more sense.

Cash just needs to pull off a blockbuster with Cleveland. Lindor and Bieber for Torres Garcia Schmidt and Voit

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Why would they have to wait to see if there is a vaccine in time for the season ? They just finished a season without one . Mlb can survive one more season without one . Salaries will have to take a good hit for a season or two .
    Owner Hal Steinbrenner said the Yankees lost more money than any team in baseball this year,when they had an MLB-high payroll of $109 million for the 60-game schedule.
    Last edited by johnny ny; 11-08-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the problem with the yanks is in close games in the playoffs they do not get the big hit.. they are to home run dependent..that kind of baseball will always fail in the playoffs yanks need more contact hitters..yanks management does not seem to know this.. they have to get rid somehow get rid of a few home run hitters stanton or judge.. and voit.. judge act of being injury prone and failing in many big playoff spots is wearing thin... get some line drive contact bats..
    Dude, you remember that you said this, right?!?! ďdl not worth 20 million a year in my book.. he a singles double hitter with power mostly because he plays in yankee stadium he will be a corner infielder in 2 years he is 6f4 33 next year..Ē

We literally have the best contact bat in baseball and you donít want him lol

Dude, you remember that you said this, right?!?! ďdl not worth 20 million a year in my book.. he a singles double hitter with power mostly because he plays in yankee stadium he will be a corner infielder in 2 years he is 6f4 33 next year..Ē

We literally have the best contact bat in baseball and you donít want him lol