Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I do not see how anyone in the front office who has watched the last two years possibly lets DJ walk. That shouldn't be an option, especially with the FA market looking like a buyers market.

Well cashman was ready to let dj go to another team the last time dj was a free agent . Who is to say he wonít do that this time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well cashman was ready to let dj go to another team the last time dj was a free agent . Who is to say he wonít do that this time ?
    u do know the whole story behind that right ?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    u do know the whole story behind that right ?
    Yeah cashman felt dj was not a fit with this team and after his assistants talked to him he relented and signed dj

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    a lot more players this post season had more impact in games then dj.. dj was not great in the post season this year.. to many names to mention quite a few made you guys making sound like he is mike trout or mookie betts or freddie freeman or jose altuve etc etc etc.. you want to give him 4 years between 89-100 million... for a guy outside of yankee stadium would have 10 home runs a season..who defense was not great great and will olny get worse as he ages at 2b..heaven forbid if dj starts to regress have a meh season in the next few years..
    These were your exact same talking points from 2 years ago. LOL. Meanwhile, DJ is waiting to receive his MVP award

Because he got SIGNIFICANTLY better as a Yankee.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Because he got SIGNIFICANTLY better as a Yankee.
    I am not saying cashman wonít resign him just that I wonít be surprised if he doesnít . Either way that doesnít prove he will resign dj anyway . Now do I think he will resign dj ? I say he likely will but if he doesnít it wonít surprise me

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    a lot more players this post season had more impact in games then dj.. dj was not great in the post season this year.. to many names to mention quite a few made you guys making sound like he is mike trout or mookie betts or freddie freeman or jose altuve etc etc etc.. you want to give him 4 years between 89-100 million... for a guy outside of yankee stadium would have 10 home runs a season..who defense was not great great and will olny get worse as he ages at 2b..heaven forbid if dj starts to regress have a meh season in the next few years..
    What was the Yankees record without DJ? 1-8

He doesn't need to hit HRs if he gets on base and makes contact the way he does. That part of his game will age well. He will always be a good hitter because he actually knows how to hit. He will not drop off a cliff in 3-4 years. He will have good and bad years but he is a fantastic hitter.

He can be moved to first if his D diminishes at 2nd.

I strongly suggest you take a look at the stats of HOF player Paul Molitor. Look at the stats from 20-30 and then 30-40. Since you are too lazy to look, I will tell you, He got better. He was batting over 300 at age 40.
    Molitor is a great comparison and I believe DJ will have that type of career.
    Except for the stolen bases but that is because the Yankees don't run. DJ can steal 15-20 a year if they did.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He should hit 60 HR a year, drive in 120, have an average of 330+, and OBP of 450+, only strike out 10 times a year and play gold glove at 4 positions and be able to start or close a game if needed.
    And steal 20+ bases a year without getting thrown out.

Most likely that's what he expects.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Again nowhere did I say losing a World Series was not a failure of a season . Learn to comprehend man . My only point is that the mets have made it to the World Series in the last 11 seasons and the Yankees havenít .

Posada20
    Posada20 is offline Owner

How was the season not a failure ?

Still living in the world of denial.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

What was the Yankees record without DJ? 1-8

He doesn't need to hit HRs if he gets on base and makes contact the way he does. That part of his game will age well. He will always be a good hitter because he actually knows how to hit. He will not drop off a cliff in 3-4 years. He will have good and bad years but he is a fantastic hitter.

He can be moved to first if his D diminishes at 2nd.

I strongly suggest you take a look at the stats of HOF player Paul Molitor. Look at the stats from 20-30 and then 30-40. Since you are too lazy to look, I will tell you, He got better. He was batting over 300 at age 40.
    Molitor is a great comparison and I believe DJ will have that type of career.
    Except for the stolen bases but that is because the Yankees don't run. DJ can steal 15-20 a year if they did.
    molitor was never a superstar by any means..and i thought he was overrated he was just so annoying.... so yanks were 1-8 without dj what was their record when dj played and voit was in the lineup to say that without dj he reason the yanks were 1-8 in ludicrous maybe the starter was bad that day that is more likely the reason they lost that game..or perhaps the bullpen blew the lead they blew at least 6 yankee wins...

I would say cole was the biggest reason they even finished above .500 and made the playoffs . His seven wins are actually the difference between the team finishing above .500 since they finished 6 games above .500

molitor was never a superstar by any means..and i thought he was overrated he was just so annoying.... so yanks were 1-8 without dj what was their record when dj played and voit was in the lineup to say that without dj he reason the yanks were 1-8 in ludicrous maybe the starter was bad that day that is more likely the reason they lost that game..or perhaps the bullpen blew the lead they blew at least 6 yankee wins...
    you can't honestly say this team wasn't much better when DJ was on the field. He's been our best player for 2yrs now, we can't afford to let him go and expect to keep our window open

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    you can't honestly say this team wasn't much better when DJ was on the field. He's been our best player for 2yrs now, we can't afford to let him go and expect to keep our window open
    Apparently Paul Molitor wasn't good enough to merit a contract like the one DJ will get. I mean,. he was only an Allstar 7 times, the WS MVP and is in the HOF.

I think DJ will become a better and smarter hitter.

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Apparently Paul Molitor wasn't good enough to merit a contract like the one DJ will get. I mean,. he was only an Allstar 7 times, the WS MVP and is in the HOF.

I think DJ will become a better and smarter hitter.
    Its so odd

He cries Yankees are a home run or nothing team and won't win it like that.

DJ is the opposite of that and has been the teams best player the last two seasons .

Also top 5 in mvp votes over the last two seasons(as a Yankee)

Yet doesn't want to sign him and doesn't think he's worth much.

Logic..is..lacking..here.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Definitely agree