Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 61 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 3834
  1. #901
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,282
    a single double hitter is not worth 20 million a year for 4 years when he will be a corner infielder in 2 years and who to assume he won't decline he will be 33 next year

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How am I changing the rules ? I stated that winning a pennant is more than what the yanks have done in the last 11 years . I never said it wasnít a failed season to lose the ws . I agree it is . But getting to the World Series is going further in the playoffs than the yanks have to over the last 11 years and that is a fact .

    Why do you have such a hard time understanding things? You say not winning the WS is a failed season, yet you don't apply that to the Mets. If the Yankees had gone to the WS and lost, you'd have said the season was a failure.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well to be fair , outside of getting Cole . Has the front office given us a lot to be hopeful for over the last few years ?

    I'm hopeful EVERY YEAR. I'll leave the doom and gloom to you and Johnny.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I am not saying that will happen but I wouldnít be shocked if cashman lets dj walk . He didnít want dj in the first place , his assistants had to talk him into signing dj.
    As for Tanaka I think they bring him back because we all know how cashman loves being sentimental . Thatís the main reason why he keeps bringing Gardner back


    So he didn't want him to begin with....why wouldn't he want him now after the season he had?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,703
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    dl not worth 20 million a year in my book.. he a singles double hitter with power mostly because he plays in yankee stadium he will be a corner infielder in 2 years he is 6f4 33 next year..

    LOL!!! A singles/doubles hitter with power. What would you want more than that?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,316
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    LOL!!! A singles/doubles hitter with power. What would you want more than that?
    He should hit 60 HR a year, drive in 120, have an average of 330+, and OBP of 450+, only strike out 10 times a year and play gold glove at 4 positions and be able to start or close a game if needed.
    And steal 20+ bases a year without getting thrown out.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,960
    ....and play for the league minimum for at least 4 Years.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,316
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    dj only played in 50 games judged missed a lot so did stanton torres missed a few games and yanks still made the playoffs..
    Do you know what their record was without DJ? No. you don't. They were 1-8. What was there record without judge? 5-0 until DJ went out
    About the same for Stanton

    Just because you were made an idiotic assessment the first time around, doesn't mean you need to continue to be one

    They were 1-8 without DJ. All those others, they still managed to win provided DJ was in the lineup.
    VOit also helped.



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,316
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ....and play for the league minimum for at least 4 Years.
    And never get hurt



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,796
    DJ only had a wRC+ of 177 this year. Scrub.

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He should hit 60 HR a year, drive in 120, have an average of 330+, and OBP of 450+, only strike out 10 times a year and play gold glove at 4 positions and be able to start or close a game if needed.
    And steal 20+ bases a year without getting thrown out.
    a lot more players this post season had more impact in games then dj.. dj was not great in the post season this year.. to many names to mention quite a few made you guys making sound like he is mike trout or mookie betts or freddie freeman or jose altuve etc etc etc.. you want to give him 4 years between 89-100 million... for a guy outside of yankee stadium would have 10 home runs a season..who defense was not great great and will olny get worse as he ages at 2b..heaven forbid if dj starts to regress have a meh season in the next few years..

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Why do you have such a hard time understanding things? You say not winning the WS is a failed season, yet you don't apply that to the Mets. If the Yankees had gone to the WS and lost, you'd have said the season was a failure.
    Again nowhere did I say losing a World Series was not a failure of a season . Learn to comprehend man . My only point is that the mets have made it to the World Series in the last 11 seasons and the Yankees havenít .

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That's the huge if.

    But if they can get a good 2? And those guys are legit? We are set.

    Again, all big ifs. But the Dodgers would all have to stay healthy which is a big if, as well.

    My point was, I wouldn't say they would win for sure. Do they look great on paper? Yes. But so did the Yankees last year.
    i agree, the game isn't played on paper

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Thatís the thing , everything with the Yankees these days is if if if . The dodgers have already proven they are the best and will even be better if they get Bauer .

  15. #915
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,967
    I do not see how anyone in the front office who has watched the last two years possibly lets DJ walk. That shouldn't be an option, especially with the FA market looking like a buyers market.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •