Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 57 of 256 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 3834
  1. #841
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,628
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I don't know why people like Johnny bother being a fan, or anything.

    I've never met someone more negative in my life, if my memory is correct.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I've often wondered the same thing

  2. #842
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,711
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I've often wondered the same thing
    I mean I understand the team has one 1 recent world series and that was back in 09. But its just constant complaining.

    Imagine if he was a fan of say, the Mets?

    Woof.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  3. #843
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Atleast the mets have been to a World Series in the last ten years and have new ownership that gives them hope tor a brighter future
    Last edited by Posada20; 11-01-2020 at 02:37 AM.

  4. #844
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Nothing? seriously?
    I think he means that nothing he thinks the Yankees will do this off seasons will help them get to the World Series . And the if rumors about what hal wants the payroll to be are true , then he could be right . Because they may not do much this off season to begin with other than bringing a couple guys back and getting a reliever

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,628
    IMO they can't be as worried about money as they are letting on since they picked up Brittons 2yr option for 27m. Hand who's numbers last yr were almost identical to Brittons, was available for 3.5m less a yr. They also had to know that they could have probably gotten 2-3 very good to elite relievers this winter in FA for about what they are paying Britton They didn't even take a chance that Britton wouldn't opt in for next yr so they quickly picked up both yrs of his options. The way Brittons contract is structure is very weird for those not familiar.

    Maybe i'm putting a little to much faith in Hal's desire to win but i do think he'll see all the short term, cheap deals for 2nd and 3rd tier players and won't be able to pass up those opportunities. I think Hal will let them spend if they can get good enough deals on the right players. I would be surprised if they didn't end up somewhere in that 1st tier of the luxury tax which i believe will be around 230m for next yr. If Hal ok's a payroll in that range, we can get anything we need to win and more in this winters market

  6. #846
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,189
    Yanks 2021 Opening Day Rotation

    1. Cole
    2. Morton
    3. Tanaka
    4. German
    5. Monty


    Then resign Didi and move Torres back to 2b

    Trade Voit and resign DJ to play 1b.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  7. #847
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,699
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    nothing the yanks will do off season will help the yanks to win the world series next year or even get to the world series...
    Really now? Sounds like you know exactly what the Yankees are going to do. Well, that's in your fantasy world. I the real world, you have no clue what they're going to do.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  8. #848
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Atleast the mets have been to a World Series in the last ten years and have new ownership that gives them hope tor a brighter future

    But they didn't win. That's a failed season according to the genius people that reside here.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  9. #849
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,889
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I mean I understand the team has one 1 recent world series and that was back in 09. But its just constant complaining.

    Imagine if he was a fan of say, the Mets?

    Woof.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Or how about:

    Tampa Bay Rays (23 years)
    Colorado Rockies (28 years)
    Seattle Mariners (44 years)
    Milwaukee Brewers (52 years)
    San Diego Padres (52 years)
    Texas Rangers (60 years)

    The Mariners are the only current MLB franchise that has never appeared in a World Series; the Padres, Rockies, Rangers, Rays, and Brewers have all played in the Series but have never won.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  10. #850
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,191
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsoslick View Post
    i don't know why people like johnny bother being a fan, or anything.

    I've never met someone more negative in my life, if my memory is correct.

    Sent from my sm-g981u using tapatalk

    No!



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #851
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO they can't be as worried about money as they are letting on since they picked up Brittons 2yr option for 27m. Hand who's numbers last yr were almost identical to Brittons, was available for 3.5m less a yr. They also had to know that they could have probably gotten 2-3 very good to elite relievers this winter in FA for about what they are paying Britton They didn't even take a chance that Britton wouldn't opt in for next yr so they quickly picked up both yrs of his options. The way Brittons contract is structure is very weird for those not familiar.

    Maybe i'm putting a little to much faith in Hal's desire to win but i do think he'll see all the short term, cheap deals for 2nd and 3rd tier players and won't be able to pass up those opportunities. I think Hal will let them spend if they can get good enough deals on the right players. I would be surprised if they didn't end up somewhere in that 1st tier of the luxury tax which i believe will be around 230m for next yr. If Hal ok's a payroll in that range, we can get anything we need to win and more in this winters market
    They also let khanle walk . Bringing back Britton like they had had to be done or it would further weaken an already questionable bullpen . And they will be very close to that 230 mill range if they just bring back everyone else including DJ .

  12. #852
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    But they didn't win. That's a failed season according to the genius people that reside here.
    Well winning a pennant is still more than what the Yankees have done in the last 11 years now .
    Last edited by Posada20; 11-01-2020 at 12:56 PM.

  13. #853
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,932
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO they can't be as worried about money as they are letting on since they picked up Brittons 2yr option for 27m. Hand who's numbers last yr were almost identical to Brittons, was available for 3.5m less a yr. They also had to know that they could have probably gotten 2-3 very good to elite relievers this winter in FA for about what they are paying Britton They didn't even take a chance that Britton wouldn't opt in for next yr so they quickly picked up both yrs of his options. The way Brittons contract is structure is very weird for those not familiar.

    Maybe i'm putting a little to much faith in Hal's desire to win but i do think he'll see all the short term, cheap deals for 2nd and 3rd tier players and won't be able to pass up those opportunities. I think Hal will let them spend if they can get good enough deals on the right players. I would be surprised if they didn't end up somewhere in that 1st tier of the luxury tax which i believe will be around 230m for next yr. If Hal ok's a payroll in that range, we can get anything we need to win and more in this winters market
    The Yankees need more RPs, there is no reason not to bring in Hand regardless of whether they picked up Britton's option or not. They should try to ship Ottavino out too and throw a little money in there to get someone to take him.

  14. #854
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,789
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO they can't be as worried about money as they are letting on since they picked up Brittons 2yr option for 27m. Hand who's numbers last yr were almost identical to Brittons, was available for 3.5m less a yr. They also had to know that they could have probably gotten 2-3 very good to elite relievers this winter in FA for about what they are paying Britton They didn't even take a chance that Britton wouldn't opt in for next yr so they quickly picked up both yrs of his options. The way Brittons contract is structure is very weird for those not familiar.

    Maybe i'm putting a little to much faith in Hal's desire to win but i do think he'll see all the short term, cheap deals for 2nd and 3rd tier players and won't be able to pass up those opportunities. I think Hal will let them spend if they can get good enough deals on the right players. I would be surprised if they didn't end up somewhere in that 1st tier of the luxury tax which i believe will be around 230m for next yr. If Hal ok's a payroll in that range, we can get anything we need to win and more in this winters market

    Are they not worried about spending, or are they simply not very good at balancing their money? Every year the yankees are either 1 or 2 in payroll and look at who we have on this team. I can easily see them passing up almost every reliever on the market because they just spent 27 million on Britton. We need stoppers and multi middle inning relievers, not named Cessa, holder and Lasagna. Britton is generally a must have for most teams, but not at his price, in this market and with so many needs for next year.

  15. #855
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,711
    In what should come as no surprise

    Yankees to give DJ the QO.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •