Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 256 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    DJ will make more money, even at a discount, in his next contract than morton will have made his entire career. Surprised if he's retiring.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 10-30-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Tyler Wade for Lindor. Who hangs up?

If this is a sign of things to come, the Yankees really need to flex the financial muscle and go all in for the next two years with this core and then reset in 2022. Of course, if that happened, there would be those here during the 2023 season complaining that "the Yankees haven't won a championship in 8 months" and "We only have three championships in the last 20 years, Cashman should be fired."
    No way the Yankees do that deal!

You also know the moment Lindor had a rough spot, you'd hear that they were stupid to make that trade.

I fully agree about the finances. If they hope to keep Judge, Torres, Frazier and Urshela they are going way past the luxury so why not just go big, no, go yuge. Break the bank and and live with it.

Ignorance is bliss

Cubs cut Lester and it sounds like it's no guarantee they pick up Rizzos big option. If they do pick up Rizzos option they are expected to shop him

Let's hope that Hal has someone around him to make sure he realizes what he is passing up if they choose not to shop in this market.

We've only seen options not be picked up so far, I guarantee the list of non tendered players is going to surprise people

Obviously not everyone is going to be cheap but its going to be in those 2nd and 3rd tier players that are going to be looking for very short term deals, that a team could really get some deals on. I think some des are going to be just to good to pass on, especially with BP arms.

If no team was interested in a top 3-5 AL reliever for a lottery pick and 10m. If this were a normal yr literally every team but the Rays would have tried to get him. So what do guys like Hand, Yates, Hendricks, Rosenthal and other guys of that tier will get this yr, 1yr 4-7 m max. For a team like us who desperately needs to add quality arms to the pen, adding a couple of those guys might be to difficult to pass on IMO.

If the rest of the market follows the reliever it could be very interesting to see who ends up where

They should spend to whatever tax threshold that starts costing them draft picks and IFA .money.

Day, at bargain prices the Yanks should take a VERY serious look at Hand and Lindor. At the right price he is no longer a luxury, but an affordable "makes sense" option.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks already have a bunch of dh don't need another. besides i want frazier as the everyday lf from now on....
    Where in that sentence do I suggest he is a DH? I literally say that his defensive metrics grade out pretty well in LF. That means he can play LF just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Where in that sentence do I suggest he is a DH? I literally say that his defensive metrics grade out pretty well in LF. That means he can play LF just fine...
    Yeah as he should as the 4th outfielder

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah as he should as the 4th outfielder
    Why would a guy who has been an all star three years in a row accept a 4th OF job?

Why would a guy who has been an all star three years in a row accept a 4th OF job?
    Because there are 3 younger outfielders in front of him who are either better or as good defensively as he is . Frazier earned his spot . This guy you are talking about is 34 and his best years are likely behind him

Because there are 3 younger outfielders in front of him who are either better or as good defensively as he is . Frazier earned his spot . This guy you are talking about is 34 and his best years are likely behind him
    Why the focus on defense??? It is his bat they should be after. Plus, he is probably still better on defense than Frazier. There is nothing wrong with making Frazier the 4th OFer for the start of the season. Injuries will sort that situation out in no time.

Why the focus on defense??? It is his bat they should be after. Plus, he is probably still better on defense than Frazier. There is nothing wrong with making Frazier the 4th OFer for the start of the season. Injuries will sort that situation out in no time.
    It is time the Yankees start focusing on defense too . Last 4 years they have focused more on offense than on defense and it hasnít really worked . Besides I see nothing wrong with having This guy as the 4th outfielder until injuries or struggled make him needed . There is no valid reason to take the starting job away from Frazier especially to a 34 year old player who is likely past his prime .

Baseball America
    @BaseballAmerica

24m
    The best upside signings on the free agent market this year?

1. Chris Archer
    2. Cole Hamels
    3. Andrelton Simmons
    4. James Paxton
    5. Kirby Yates

We explain why: https://buff.ly/2TBHcta

YES Network@YESNetwork

On this day in 2001, Derek Jeter became "Mr. November" with a 10th-inning walk-off HR in Game 4 of the World Series.

It is time the Yankees start focusing on defense too . Last 4 years they have focused more on offense than on defense and it hasnít really worked . Besides I see nothing wrong with having This guy as the 4th outfielder until injuries or struggled make him needed . There is no valid reason to take the starting job away from Frazier especially to a 34 year old player who is likely past his prime .
    My whole point is that Brantley WILL NOT sign here as the 4th OFer. That is why you give him the starting job. If you want to focus on defense then Brantley is an upgrade over Frazier in LF. If you want to focus on defense then I guess you are on board with Gardner coming back?

My whole point is that Brantley WILL NOT sign here as the 4th OFer. That is why you give him the starting job. If you want to focus on defense then Brantley is an upgrade over Frazier in LF. If you want to focus on defense then I guess you are on board with Gardner coming back?
    I donít want Gardner back either and if Brantley doesnít want to be the 4th outfielder then pass on him . I just donít see the reason to take the starting job away from a kid that has worked so hard for it . I am sure there are cheaper options out there for A 4th outfielder spot . And at 34 years old unless he is looking for a one year deal , there wonít be a lot if teams willing to sign a 34 year old player as a everyday outfielder

I donít want Gardner back either and if Brantley doesnít want to be the 4th outfielder then pass on him . I just donít see the reason to take the starting job away from a kid that has worked so hard for it . I am sure there are cheaper options out there for A 4th outfielder spot . And at 34 years old unless he is looking for a one year deal , there wonít be a lot if teams willing to sign a 34 year old player as a everyday outfielder
    Brantley is a great hitter with a high contact %. Everyone's issue with this lineup is strikeouts. Frazier strikes out a lot and is below average on defense.