Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 255 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 3822
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    21
    Agree with Buck, if that doesn't pan out bring back JoeT.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,853
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    In Jorge’s defense, the Yankees have lost from 2017-2019 with most of those guys because they still had the structural deficiencies at SP, approach in pressure games, and in talent negotiations.

    They’ve lost now four seasons in a row with some variation of this core.

    Minor tweaking and hoping on Severino isn’t going to get the job done.

    It’s time for a change.
    The 2017 team came within one win of a WS appearance. A loss possibly (likely) aided by cheating. In 2019 they set MLB record for most injured players in a single season. Again not intended as an excuse, only perspective.

    Cole was a major addition, clearly not enough. In this series, imo, if Sevy, German or even Paxton were available the outcome may have been different. Kahnle in the pen certainly helps considering the grueling nature of the schedule and premium placed on the PB.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Preaching to the choir. Some of us have been making the argument for several seasons.

    However I do believe having Sevy, German, Pax and Kahnle would have made a difference, particularly game 2. At the very least it would have averted the game two debacle. Sevy is a solid #2 and German? needs time to prove and cement his slot. Healthy Paxton?

    No question and not disputing Tampa had superior pitching. They did and it showed.
    I've never trusted Paxton and Sevy has never been good in the playoffs. Of course, I do believe Sevy was nursing that elbow since the second half of 2018. First half 2018 Sevy, I agree.

    German? Maybe. Tough because I don't think he's truly a TORP. In the bullpen? Maybe..

    Kaynle? Makes the biggest difference.

    I still think the Rays are a much better team. Play with energy. 8 deep in quality arms and they all performed. We have Cole, Britton, Chapman (I give him a pass on the HR. Happens)

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The 2017 team came within one win of a WS appearance. A loss possibly (likely) aided by cheating. In 2019 they set MLB record for most injured players in a single season. Again not intended as an excuse, only perspective.

    Cole was a major addition, clearly not enough. In this series, imo, if Sevy, German or even Paxton were available the outcome may have been different. Kahnle in the pen certainly helps considering the grueling nature of the schedule and premium placed on the PB.

    Well I disagree I am not convinced that having sevy or Paxton would have changed the outcome of this series . What changed the outcome was the stupid decision to go with an opener in game 2. . Tanaka should have started that game.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    1- Fire Boone
    2- Fire Cashman. (I know neither 1 or 2 will happen so )

    1- Keep DJ
    2- Find a taker for Stanton and convince him to GTFO.
    3- Tell Cole to STFU and get over his personal BS with Bauer and sign Bauer.
    4-Trade Schmidt, Andjuar, Voit and a couple mid level for Lindor and extend him
    5-Trade Sanchez, King, Acevedo, Ford and filler for Hader.

    George likes his lineup long and his pen deep!
    Love it all. However:

    A. None of those pieces gets close to Hader. You'd have to include the Martian and Gil. And, I'm not moving the Martian.

    B. There is no way to move Stanton. The Yankees are going to have to move Judge. Perhaps Judge can be the cornerstone piece that yields Hader.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well I disagree I am not convinced that having sevy or Paxton would have changed the outcome of this series . What changed the outcome was the stupid decision to go with an opener in game 2. . Tanaka should have started that game.
    That is my entire point Jorge. If any of those three were available game 2 debacle is probably avoided. The option exists. That's all.

    Yanks were out pitched. I am not denying or offering excuses.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    That is my entire point Jorge. If any of those three were available game 2 debacle is probably avoided. The option exists. That's all.

    Yanks were out pitched. I am not denying or offering excuses.
    Well that’s the thing the game 2 debacle could still easily have been avoided despite not having Paxton and sevy . They had Tanaka , Monty , Garcia , Schmidt and happ to choose from to start that game , there was just no valid excuse to go with an opener so early in a series .

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    I've never trusted Paxton and Sevy has never been good in the playoffs. Of course, I do believe Sevy was nursing that elbow since the second half of 2018. First half 2018 Sevy, I agree.

    German? Maybe. Tough because I don't think he's truly a TORP. In the bullpen? Maybe..

    Kaynle? Makes the biggest difference.

    I still think the Rays are a much better team. Play with energy. 8 deep in quality arms and they all performed. We have Cole, Britton, Chapman (I give him a pass on the HR. Happens)
    I think the Rays have better top of the rotation right now.

    Imo, I would take Sevy, German or even Paxton over a green rook in the biggest game of his career. Time will tell just where German slots. His 18-4 in 143IP with a 1.14 WHIP and 10+ SO9 last season suggests he has the stuff to be a starter, a good one.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,389
    Word is out that Hal will order the payroll to be below $210 million. That means forget about JT, Lindor and or Bauer...

    A stopgap SS for 2021 and then next offseason is when to strike for a high profile SS.

    Trade Voit and Sanchez and then no more worries with Sanchez anymore, too much drama.

    The Rays beat us with a $50 million payroll....no need to spend that much for this offseason.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-10-2020 at 05:16 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,565
    Yankees need to trade Ursela or Voit or both. Maybe Judge and Sanchez for arms if you want to move the needle. You can place DJ at first and Andujar at third. Even move Torres to second and either get Lindor for SS or an other better defensive short stop, maybe Gregorious who was clutch when healthy and hits left handed. How about that for a shake up ? Frazier.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,389
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Yankees need to trade Ursela or Voit or both. Maybe Judge and Sanchez for arms if you want to move the needle. You can place DJ at first and Andujar at third. Even move Torres to second and either get Lindor for SS or an other better defensive short stop, maybe Gregorious who was clutch when healthy and hits left handed. How about that for a shake up ? Frazier.

    Hal want the payroll slashed below $210 million, forget Lindor for 2021.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Word is out that Hal will order the payroll to be below $210 million. That means forget about JT, Lindor and or Bauer...

    A stopgap SS for 2021 and then next offseason is when to strike for a high profile SS.

    Trade Voit and Sanchez and then no more worries with Sanchez anymore, too much drama.

    The Rays beat us with a $50 million payroll....no need to spend that much for this offseason.
    If that’s the case then might as well go into another soft rebuild mode like they did in 2016 . Just trade everything they can and rebuild from there . All they are gonna do is just waste the best years of cole’s and Stanton’s long contracts . I am fine with that to hell with it .

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Hal want the payroll slashed below $210 million, forget Lindor for 2021.
    Forget making the playoffs in 2021 if that 210 mill target is real

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Yankees need to trade Ursela or Voit or both. Maybe Judge and Sanchez for arms if you want to move the needle. You can place DJ at first and Andujar at third. Even move Torres to second and either get Lindor for SS or an other better defensive short stop, maybe Gregorious who was clutch when healthy and hits left handed. How about that for a shake up ? Frazier.
    do you place any value on defense... without urshella yanks lose game 2 to cleveland as urshella made a incredible play for d/p to give the yanks a chance ..andujar is atrocious at 3b..

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Forget making the playoffs in 2021 if that 210 mill target is real
    Rays are advancing with a $75M payroll, roughly $69M in players salary.
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-10-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




Page 4 of 255 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •