Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 3833
  1. #421
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,823
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    The board experience leaped exponentially when I put him on ignore. Yet, people keep complaining about him while continuing to converse with him. They continue to engage and quote him only indicating they wish to enable his conduct while they complain about him. Some folks are just addicted to the back and forth with him and cant admit it to themselves
    Subaru sucks. Fyi

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,571
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Subaru sucks. Fyi

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Thanks

  3. #423
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,823
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Thanks
    Just my opinion. I know many people love them. I just find them boring.

    They've had some issues with their boxer engines / oil burning issues.

    The clutches in the wrx and sti are brutal and not really that good.

    They're dumping many manual transmission models because they want their eye sight system to be standard on all models.

    In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see them dump all the manual transmissions even in their wrx/sti soon enough.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,042
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Just my opinion. I know many people love them. I just find them boring.

    They've had some issues with their boxer engines / oil burning issues.

    The clutches in the wrx and sti are brutal and not really that good.

    They're dumping many manual transmission models because they want their eye sight system to be standard on all models.

    In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see them dump all the manual transmissions even in their wrx/sti soon enough.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Also have had stuff going wrong with airbags. But that's on the hush. They've kept that nice and quiet



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I want to see both Andujar and Frazier as Yankees. I think Andujar would be the perfect DH. If needed, He could spell Gio, Frazier, Judge once a week, each. (Frazier plays RF when Andujar spells Judge.).
    I think he's the best pure hitter on the team. I think Frazier could surpass him because of his absurd bat speed but right now, Andujar can hit anything.

    That sad truth is, packages contacting one or two packages contacting both of them, could net a TORP, High level Relief or a guy like Lindor.
    I couch also see a package starting with of a controlled guy like Andujar along with Stanton, getting a very good player or pitcher.

    Somehow, I hope they can move Stanton. I maintain that he is going to be an albatross of epic proportions. He turns 31 in November. I think he will be productive, if he can stay on the field for another couple seasons and then those numbers will fall off a cliff and the Yankees will ignore production and keep putting him in the lineup because of "his ability to hit it out of the park"
    I really would hate to see Andujar go, IMO he's one of our top 2-3 hitters on this team, atleast ability wise. I'd really like to see them keep both Frazier and Andujar but truth is atleast 1 is very likely going to be used to trade for pitching. If Hal is going to keep the payroll around 210 we really don't have the money to sign a legit #2 starter that we desperately need.

    I'd love to see them be able to trade Stanton but with the Marlins money paying down his contract to 21.5 AAV, being void if they trade him, were stuck with him.

    With the more and more info that comes out that Hal isn't going to spend any money this winter, i have a sinking feeling were not going to like the rotation at all next yr. I just have a feeling they will do something like 1) Cole 2) cheap FA starter/ weak trade, maybe Tanaka if we lucky. 3) German 4) Monty 5) Devi 6) Schmidt or King and they will count on Sevy being the rotation savior when he gets back in June/July

    I just think were going to take the cheap/ easy way to make addition this winter. I think thats going to be a mistake. So many teams are already talking about dumping as much money as they can, that market is going to be prime pickings for a team with some balls. I know we lost money this yr but with the way this franchise prints money and where were at in our championship window we need to be aggressive improving this team. I wish the Yanks would take a gamble and acquire as much talent in the areas we need, TORP, Middle relief, contact hitters preferable SH or Lhed . I think were going to see some star type player moved from other teams that are going to surprise us. I think were going to see alot of Bobby Abreau type trades, straight salary dumps and it would be a shame if we didn't capitalize on that kinda market.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,042
    Hey Sauron for you

    https://yanksgoyard.com/2020/10/19/y...ch-matt-blake/

    "But if Hal Steinbrenner really wants to look at where one of his biggest problems is right now, it's Brian Cashman. That's who has the Yankees worrying more about analytics than letting his players, play. That is who is responsible for the experiment to bring in the Eric Cressey pitching analytics guy that didn't work."

    It goes on to shred Blake as being timid an not respected by the players.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,042
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I really would hate to see Andujar go, IMO he's one of our top 2-3 hitters on this team, atleast ability wise. I'd really like to see them keep both Frazier and Andujar but truth is atleast 1 is very likely going to be used to trade for pitching. If Hal is going to keep the payroll around 210 we really don't have the money to sign a legit #2 starter that we desperately need.

    I'd love to see them be able to trade Stanton but with the Marlins money paying down his contract to 21.5 AAV, being void if they trade him, were stuck with him.

    With the more and more info that comes out that Hal isn't going to spend any money this winter, i have a sinking feeling were not going to like the rotation at all next yr. I just have a feeling they will do something like 1) Cole 2) cheap FA starter/ weak trade, maybe Tanaka if we lucky. 3) German 4) Monty 5) Devi 6) Schmidt or King and they will count on Sevy being the rotation savior when he gets back in June/July

    I just think were going to take the cheap/ easy way to make addition this winter. I think thats going to be a mistake. So many teams are already talking about dumping as much money as they can, that market is going to be prime pickings for a team with some balls. I know we lost money this yr but with the way this franchise prints money and where were at in our championship window we need to be aggressive improving this team. I wish the Yanks would take a gamble and acquire as much talent in the areas we need, TORP, Middle relief, contact hitters preferable SH or Lhed . I think were going to see some star type player moved from other teams that are going to surprise us. I think were going to see alot of Bobby Abreau type trades, straight salary dumps and it would be a shame if we didn't capitalize on that kinda market.
    The messed up part is we are talking 3 players. TORP. High level relief guy, a lefty contact hitter
    TOPR- secures the rotation for the foreseeable future
    Relief pitcher- extends the pen and makes everyone better.
    Lefty contact hitter- Balances and lengthens the lineup

    That's why I wonder if moving Sanchez could work. Maybe there's a team who'd be willing to give up a big contract but like the marlins did, pay a portion in order to get Sanchez who when playing right, is a threat and costs very little

    Sadly, I think Andujar, Frazer and Voit are all the types of players you could move with the same logic. Low cost and high ceiling.

    Once again, this is why the Staton deal was dumb as **** and pissed me off from the start. You are stuck with him for another 7 years. Cashman is an absolute fool for that deal. Jeter must be giggling
    If you take Stanton off the books, you can get a Bauer or Lindor or Realmuto ... A player who wold actually help the team. Instead, the Yankees are effectively anchored in place unless at least 2-3 of the young arms turn it on big time.

    The worst part is I'm sure Cashman sits there and would say how happy he is with Stanton because of his analytics.



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,042
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Tmml

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    It made me horny



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,042
    Sauron, if your argument is that Cashman didn't want to sign Arod and if he wasn't there in 2009, we wouldn't have won the WS? I don't know. We don't know who would have been playing third. We can't say either way but there is a chance we might have had a guy who was equally as important ... or not.

    So I can't say that Arod was the only reason for them getting to and wining the WS.

    I fully agree that with him there, it was a huge benefit, he was absolutely instrumental and his contribution was immeasurable AND Cashman didn't want him.

    Doc, I agree with much of your post and thoughts. But Cashman did not want Arod and without Arod's contribution that year, the Yanks were less likely to have the year they did.


    Cashman did not want Arod, who tried out to be a huge contributor in that season.
    That doesn't mean the Yanks don't win it but it absolutely changes the season.

    After reading the recent article I posted, I like Cashman even less.



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,628
    So if the Yanks don't sign Bauer which i just can't see Hal signing off on and Tanaka proves to be more expensive than were willing to go any ideas on who we should/ will get? A trade idea, someone who you'd like to see us realistically get or a FA that isn't going to get 20m plus

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,042
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    So if the Yanks don't sign Bauer which i just can't see Hal signing off on and Tanaka proves to be more expensive than were willing to go any ideas on who we should/ will get? A trade idea, someone who you'd like to see us realistically get or a FA that isn't going to get 20m plus
    Devi, Schmidt, Florial and Frazier or Andujar for Bieber?



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Sauron, if your argument is that Cashman didn't want to sign Arod and if he wasn't there in 2009, we wouldn't have won the WS? I don't know. We don't know who would have been playing third. We can't say either way but there is a chance we might have had a guy who was equally as important ... or not.

    So I can't say that Arod was the only reason for them getting to and wining the WS.

    I fully agree that with him there, it was a huge benefit, he was absolutely instrumental and his contribution was immeasurable AND Cashman didn't want him.

    Doc, I agree with much of your post and thoughts. But Cashman did not want Arod and without Arod's contribution that year, the Yanks were less likely to have the year they did.


    Cashman did not want Arod, who tried out to be a huge contributor in that season.
    That doesn't mean the Yanks don't win it but it absolutely changes the season.

    After reading the recent article I posted, I like Cashman even less.
    IIRC, Aaron Boone was our 3Bman before Arod and would have continued being that in 2004 and beyond if he hadn't messed up his knee real bad playing in a pickup basketball game. Would we have won more WSs between 2004 and 2008 with Boone playing there?

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Sauron, if your argument is that Cashman didn't want to sign Arod and if he wasn't there in 2009, we wouldn't have won the WS? I don't know. We don't know who would have been playing third. We can't say either way but there is a chance we might have had a guy who was equally as important ... or not.

    So I can't say that Arod was the only reason for them getting to and wining the WS.

    I fully agree that with him there, it was a huge benefit, he was absolutely instrumental and his contribution was immeasurable AND Cashman didn't want him.

    Doc, I agree with much of your post and thoughts. But Cashman did not want Arod and without Arod's contribution that year, the Yanks were less likely to have the year they did.


    Cashman did not want Arod, who tried out to be a huge contributor in that season.
    That doesn't mean the Yanks don't win it but it absolutely changes the season.

    After reading the recent article I posted, I like Cashman even less.
    Just finished the article.

    Really liked the last paragraph about accountability (and how there is none in Cashman’s Kingdom).

    It’s almost like everything that I’ve been saying for the better part of 13 years might actually be true.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!




  14. #434
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    IIRC, Aaron Boone was our 3Bman before Arod and would have continued being that in 2004 and beyond if he hadn't messed up his knee real bad playing in a pickup basketball game. Would we have won more WSs between 2004 and 2008 with Boone playing there?
    In my opinion, no.

    Boone’s shot, while it gave me unmitigated joy for years to come, was pretty much a luck-job (but a welcome one).

    He was literally a mediocre, at best, ‘talent.’
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!




  15. #435
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    IIRC, Aaron Boone was our 3Bman before Arod and would have continued being that in 2004 and beyond if he hadn't messed up his knee real bad playing in a pickup basketball game. Would we have won more WSs between 2004 and 2008 with Boone playing there?
    Presuming Boone is at 3rd that whole time? Yikes. No. he doesn't move the needle. The Yankees traded for Arod and the difference was significant.
    My point was more that there was no guarantee that Boone would have been there. They may have gone a different route. They may have found a better player. He may not have been Arod but he could certainly have been better than Boone.


    I think the argument was regarding 07, when Arod opted out. Cashman didn't 't want him back and George told Cash to effectively, STFU and gave ARod what he wanted.

    Cashman was ready to let Arod go, so Arod would not have been a part of the 09 season and WS. So even that WS was not a result of Casman's good decisions but in spite of them.

    I believe that was Sauron's main argument. Is that correct Sauron?



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •