Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 254 of 256 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256 LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 3834
  1. #3796
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,887
    So weird that German is such a huge issue even thought everything took place like two years ago yet Chapman was never an issue.

  2. #3797
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,666
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    So weird that German is such a huge issue even thought everything took place like two years ago yet Chapman was never an issue.
    I think there is a difference because one was actually a Yankee at time of incident, one was not.

    One actually also took place at an event where Yankees players and front office members were attending and apparently a Yankees teammate and his wife went to Germans house to calm him down because his S/O was scared to the point she locked herself in a room at their house.

    So I do believe it is more personal for some.

    I also think there is more to it than just that, maybe it's the way German had handled it within the lockerroom.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  3. #3798
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    So weird that German is such a huge issue even thought everything took place like two years ago yet Chapman was never an issue.
    I badly wanted Chapman to opt out 2 years ago and wanted the Yankees to dump German 2 years ago as soon as he was suspended . The reason why I never complained as much about Chapman before 2 years ago is because the Yankees were stuck with him after giving him that big contract . I have never been a fan of Chapman despite how good he was . The reason why German is still a big issue now even though it’s two years later is because he is still a damned headache and because it is his first season back in the mlb since that happened .

  4. #3799
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Domingo Germán’s return reveals disconnect between players, Yankees officials

    https://theathletic.com/2402719/2021....co/qbTBAccIix

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Link is behind a pay wall. Could you copy and paste what you feel is most relevant and germane to discussion. Thanks.

  5. #3800
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I badly wanted Chapman to opt out 2 years ago and wanted the Yankees to dump German 2 years ago as soon as he was suspended . The reason why I never complained as much about Chapman before 2 years ago is because the Yankees were stuck with him after giving him that big contract . I have never been a fan of Chapman despite how good he was . The reason why German is still a big issue now even though it’s two years later is because he is still a damned headache and because it is his first season back in the mlb since that happened .
    Jorge lets not go down this road again. Suffice to say, different people have different feelings on the issue. If I recall you were not a member of the forum during the Chapman debacle.

  6. #3801
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Link is behind a pay wall. Could you copy and paste what you feel is most relevant and germane to discussion. Thanks.
    “The most surprising thing about the way the Yankees have managed Domingo Germán’s return to the team is that team officials appear to have expected it to go smoothly. Members of the coaching staff and front office were surprised when respected reliever Zack Britton responded to a question about Germán by saying that “sometimes you don’t get to control who your teammates are.” Some in the Yankees organization were surprised by Britton’s straightforward tone and wondered if the sentiment was his alone or if the feeling was more widespread among players.

    Britton is the only member of the Yankees to say anything publicly that indicates a discomfort with having Germán on the team, but one common truism about baseball players is that even in the heat of the moment, they rarely go rogue.”

    Going by that much alone , I can tell you that the front office was stupid to not have dumped German 2 years ago right after he got suspended . Because only a moron could possibly think things would go smoothly with German returning after everything he has put them through since then. I mean he was even causing him distractions last season with his stupid tweets
    Last edited by Posada20; 02-22-2021 at 02:46 PM.

  7. #3802
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge lets not go down this road again. Suffice to say, different people have different feelings on the issue. If I recall you were not a member of the forum during the Chapman debacle.
    No I wasn’t but I am telling everyone how my feelings were 2 years ago when German got suspended and when Chapman got extended . And yes , different people have different feelings but you are the only one who has atleast openly admitted to defending German .
    Last edited by Posada20; 02-22-2021 at 03:01 PM.

  8. #3803
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,887
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I think there is a difference because one was actually a Yankee at time of incident, one was not.

    One actually also took place at an event where Yankees players and front office members were attending and apparently a Yankees teammate and his wife went to Germans house to calm him down because his S/O was scared to the point she locked herself in a room at their house.

    So I do believe it is more personal for some.

    I also think there is more to it than just that, maybe it's the way German had handled it within the lockerroom.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    This is true but the thing I do not understand or just think is stupid is that in any sport, when a player messes up like this there is always pressure on the team to release him. Knowing damn well that another team is 100% going to sign him and give him a second chance. So why should a team give a player to another team for free because he messed up? Why can't the team who signed him and paid him for years be the team that gives him a second chance?

  9. #3804
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This is true but the thing I do not understand or just think is stupid is that in any sport, when a player messes up like this there is always pressure on the team to release him. Knowing damn well that another team is 100% going to sign him and give him a second chance. So why should a team give a player to another team for free because he messed up? Why can't the team who signed him and paid him for years be the team that gives him a second chance?
    The answer to that question is simply in the media headaches that German has caused since he was suspended . And the reason why it’s so easy for another team to give that player a second chance is simply because whatever that player did , he did it while on another team not theirs . It’s better pr for another team to give said player a second chance than for the team he was on to do so because for a player to remain on the team after doing what German did it will look like that team doesn’t care and is trying to sweep it under the rug or even condoned such actions . And let us not forget that in today’s “ woke” culture , things that were dismissed just 3 years ago are now an even bigger deal now .

  10. #3805
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No I wasn’t but I am telling everyone how my feelings were 2 years ago when German got suspended and when Chapman got extended . And yes , different people have different feelings but you are the only one who has atleast openly admitted to defending German .
    Let it go.

  11. #3806
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    39,312
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This is true but the thing I do not understand or just think is stupid is that in any sport, when a player messes up like this there is always pressure on the team to release him. Knowing damn well that another team is 100% going to sign him and give him a second chance. So why should a team give a player to another team for free because he messed up? Why can't the team who signed him and paid him for years be the team that gives him a second chance?
    Excellent point.
    I think it's simply the publicity that. would come with keeping him. It's easier to wash your hands and say, We did the right thing in the public eye by releasing him.
    The team that picks him up can say, he served his time and we believe he deserves another chance and we will watch him closely.
    Both sides look good.



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #3807
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,666
    Wrong thread.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  13. #3808
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Excellent point.
    I think it's simply the publicity that. would come with keeping him. It's easier to wash your hands and say, We did the right thing in the public eye by releasing him.
    The team that picks him up can say, he served his time and we believe he deserves another chance and we will watch him closely.
    Both sides look good.
    All I can say is that the Yankees dropped the ball with German but whatever

  14. #3809
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    39,312
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Let it go.
    No doc, You always defend domestic abusers.

    On a serious note, I didn't defend or crucify him. I wanted to wait and see what happened before having an opinion. We still don't really know but it sounds worse than they made it sound and it certainly sounds now like it merited the suspension he received.

    Chapman's was different. It seemed more threatening than physical. There was physicality but nowhere near to the extent of what it now seems like German's was.

    As you said, impulse control. Hopefully he has learned it because if not? He's in for a rough ride for the rest of his life.



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. 02-22-2021, 10:54 PM
    Reason
    off topic

  16. 02-22-2021, 11:26 PM
    Reason
    off topic

  17. #3810
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,721
    Luke Voit on Domingo Germán: "We have his back but he's skating on thin ice and needs to get his life together."

    https://twitter.com/MaxTGoodman/stat...920715778?s=19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •