Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 223 of 256 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He wasn't terrible then but this is the stuff I've read

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...ell-ozuna.html
    Ozuna has provided little value as an outfielder since departing Miami. He grades as below-average in Statcast’s outs above average and outfielder jump metrics—ranking in the 13th and 29th percentile, respectively. On the positive side, he is credited with 2 DRS, thanks in large part to a strong throwing arm. That’s not a bad mark at all, but teams may be hesitant to project that performance into his thirties as he
    seeks a multi-year deal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...oesnt-hinge-dh
    Ozuna’s defensive limitations are well-documented. He’s accrued 20 errors since 2016, tied for the third-most among outfielders over that span. The Fielding Bible’s defensive runs saved metric, which attempts to quantify how many runs a given player accounts for on defense more or less than average, pegs Ozuna at -1 runs since the 2019 season began — a span of 1,274 innings spent in the outfield.

Ozuna’s defensive limitations are well-documented. He’s accrued 20 errors since 2016, tied for the third-most among outfielders over that span. The Fielding Bible’s defensive runs saved metric, which attempts to quantify how many runs a given player accounts for on defense more or less than average, pegs Ozuna at -1 runs since the 2019 season began — a span of 1,274 innings spent in the outfield.

If the Braves, or any other NL team interested in Ozuna, are serious about signing the 30-year-old slugger, they will likely have to swallow his defensive limitations for at least the 2021 season.

Many others site his speed is slowing, his arm has weakened. His UZR was a negative last year.

Again, my point was, how many power hitting right handed bats with limited fielding ability does this team need?
    If you want an OF, why not Brantley? He made sense. Ozuna does not. Puig does not.

If you see differently, ok. But I think the addition of Ozuna, a fielder in serious decline since a gold glove, is redundant and further hinders an already one dimensional lineup.
    Can we stop act like having power is a bad thing? You can be a good hitter while still offering power. It isn't like you can only be one or the other. Ozuna has been inconsistent but when he is on he is a good all around hitter with good power. For his career he has had slightly below average K rates. People on this board have this preconceived notion that if a guy has power it automatically means he Ks a lot and is one dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Can we stop act like having power is a bad thing? You can be a good hitter while still offering power. It isn't like you can only be one or the other. Ozuna has been inconsistent but when he is on he is a good all around hitter with good power. For his career he has had slightly below average K rates. People on this board have this preconceived notion that if a guy has power it automatically means he Ks a lot and is one dimensional.
    No one is saying power is bad. Lindor has power and i'm pretty sure the people you are referring to, including me, would have loved to have had him. The complaint with Ozuna/ Puig is redundancy. How much truly different are Ozuna's profile from Judge, Stanton, Voit, Sanchez and even to some point at the plate Frazier.

We have 1 sw hitter, who doesn't stay healthy very well and no everyday LHed bat. With what we already have the need for a contact, LHed or SH would add diversity to our lineup

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    No one is saying power is bad. Lindor has power and i'm pretty sure the people you are referring to, including me, would have loved to have had him. The complaint with Ozuna/ Puig is redundancy. How much truly different are Ozuna's profile from Judge, Stanton, Voit, Sanchez and even to some point at the plate Frazier.

We have 1 sw hitter, who doesn't stay healthy very well and no everyday LHed bat. With what we already have the need for a contact, LHed or SH would add diversity to our lineup
    There seems to be a very common sentiment on this forum that if a guy has power then he relies on it. If a guy is a good hitter in general then he is not relying on power, the power is an added bonus. Also, strikeouts are on the rise in baseball all together. There aren't many all around great hitters who don't strike out much. It is unrealistic when people act like "why isn't the team going for contact guys?" Finding contact guys who actually make an impact aren't easy to find.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Add Ozuna to the lineup. Judge, Stanton, Voit, Sanchez, Ozuna.
    You then lose Frazier who actually has a higher K rate than Ozuna but I think at this point is an all around better player and fit.

Power is not bad. Relying on it is. I would not classify Ozuna as a great situational hitter. That's what this team needs. They don't need another righty power bat. Especially not another one over 30 and one who can't run and is an underwhelming fielder at this point. Why is that so hard to explain? It's not about power. It's about redundancy and need.
    Yes, he has a fairly low K rate. But he would still be redundant.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    There seems to be a very common sentiment on this forum that if a guy has power then he relies on it. If a guy is a good hitter in general then he is not relying on power, the power is an added bonus. Also, strikeouts are on the rise in baseball all together. There aren't many all around great hitters who don't strike out much. It is unrealistic when people act like "why isn't the team going for contact guys?" Finding contact guys who actually make an impact aren't easy to find.
    I am not suggestion they are easy to find. Because when a team finds them, they hold onto them. Strike outs happen but at a clip of 1 out of 3 or 4 PAs? No.
    You are doin the exact opposite. You are giving guys a break because they have power. You are excusing strike outs and an inability to hit to the situation. Those can be taught and learned to good hitters.

Ignorance is bliss

Sounds like someone we could have used
    There isn’t much of a dropoff between what the Yankees could have given up with Canaan Smith and what they most likely gave up with Smith; a high-average hitting lefty with a bunch of extra-base hits, good on-base percentage, acceptable to borderline below average defense, and continued conditioning issues. Still, it’s a top-half of the order type hitter on most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Add Ozuna to the lineup. Judge, Stanton, Voit, Sanchez, Ozuna.
    You then lose Frazier who actually has a higher K rate than Ozuna but I think at this point is an all around better player and fit.

Power is not bad. Relying on it is. I would not classify Ozuna as a great situational hitter. That's what this team needs. They don't need another righty power bat. Especially not another one over 30 and one who can't run and is an underwhelming fielder at this point. Why is that so hard to explain? It's not about power. It's about redundancy and need.
    Yes, he has a fairly low K rate. But he would still be redundant.
    Why are you lumping Stanton, Judge, Voit, Sanchez, and Ozuna together? Ozuna slashed .338/.441/.636 last season. How is he not a situational hitter?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    https://amp.northjersey.com/amp/4255...mpression=true

Tanaka looks like he is headed back to Japan.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Nah, Starling Marte only had one more year of control and has an AAV of 12.5M. Ketel Marte has four more years and his AAV is 4.8M. Ketel just turned 27 and is just hitting his prime while Starling is 32. Ketel is far more highly regarded and considered a rising star. These two guys aren't comparable. Arizona wouldn't take all the Yankees broken pieces. German was ok when he was playing and now he hasn't pitched in a long time due to suspension. Monty hasn't looked the same and is looked at as a back end starter anyways. Andujar is a player with no position who hasn't hit in years and the Dbacks don't have a DH spot. Florial has kinda sucked for years and has little to no value at this point. Dbacks would need two top prospects at least for Marte and then some.
    German won 18 games as a rookie and has some of the best stuff in the league, but ok. Andujar nearly won rookie of the year and put up AS numbers. Monty also proved he has the ability to be a middle of the rotation typebarm. All 3 are proven commodities, that don't need years of development time in the minors, nor up at the major league level. There's something to be said for having ready to play major league talent that you can plug in right away, and directly see the fruits of your trade, rather than lose a major asset and then wait years for your trade pieces to maybeee develop into something, for another GM. As for Florial, he's ranked as the 7th best prospect for the yanks.

I don't mind trading Schmidt and Oswaldo. Both German and Andujar is worth way more than those, but if you say they'd rather have 2 top prospects like those 2 I'm all for that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    https://amp.northjersey.com/amp/4255...mpression=true

Tanaka looks like he is headed back to Japan.

That's what I was figuring. Sounded like he could get significantly more money than he would from any MLB team.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That's what I was figuring. Sounded like he could get significantly more money than he would from any MLB team.
    I think it's a perfect fitting for him. He is so adored over there. I also think it's a perfect ending to a pretty damn good career.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    German won 18 games as a rookie and has some of the best stuff in the league, but ok. Andujar nearly won rookie of the year and put up AS numbers. Monty also proved he has the ability to be a middle of the rotation typebarm. All 3 are proven commodities, that don't need years of development time in the minors, nor up at the major league level. There's something to be said for having ready to play major league talent that you can plug in right away, and directly see the fruits of your trade, rather than lose a major asset and then wait years for your trade pieces to maybeee develop into something, for another GM. As for Florial, he's ranked as the 7th best prospect for the yanks.

I don't mind trading Schmidt and Oswaldo. Both German and Andujar is worth way more than those, but if you say they'd rather have 2 top prospects like those 2 I'm all for that trade.
    You think one season equals proven commodity?

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I think it's a perfect fitting for him. He is so adored over there. I also think it's a perfect ending to a pretty damn good career.

Yeah, makes a ton of sense.

You think one season equals proven commodity?
    Way way more than a kid in single A, with a lot of potential.

Teams would primarily opt for the Younger spec vs an already getting expensive 3rd -4th yr player who has tons of talent but huge questios.

They wanted kids. Best case if u trade one of Andujar, German now you'd get back about what we gave for Taillom