Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 222 of 256 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't think those reports are true. Classic drive up the value reports by attaching the Yankees name.
    Yep. Trick older than dirt!

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    a few yankee fans were interested in taillon last season let us see if he proves to be worth it or a bust
    For what we gave up, if he wins 10 games over his Yankees career, it’ll be worth it

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Hand got 1 year / 10.5 mil from the Nats.

More than they would have paid had they picked him up off waivers, lol.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    osuna has a fabulous 60 games last year. and no he is not redundant he plays a lot of games while stanton plays very few games
    Where does he play? Stanton is DH. You want Ozuna in LF? You will be losing your mind watching him play the OF. He's bad.
    Oh, so Stanton is your LF and Ozuna your DH? Great. When Stanton gets hurt, who is your LF?

I am not talking about one being healthier than the other. I am talking, Redundancy. Repetitive players of the same qualities. Multiple players of the same type that do not help this team.

Or do you like Ozuna because he hits HRs?

Ignorance is bliss

The cost for Taillon was insignificant so bring him the fold. It can't hurt. But, it still doesn't cure a very questionable rotation behind Cole. The 9 guys on the depth chart behind Cole have a combined 400 MLB innings thrown over the past 2 years, not a rotation which I would expect a team looking to get a ring to throw out there.

We will see if the risk pays off by the trade deadline. If it doesn't, I say trade them all and reboot. This ruins over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Where does he play? Stanton is DH. You want Ozuna in LF? You will be losing your mind watching him play the OF. He's bad.
    Oh, so Stanton is your LF and Ozuna your DH? Great. When Stanton gets hurt, who is your LF?

I am not talking about one being healthier than the other. I am talking, Redundancy. Repetitive players of the same qualities. Multiple players of the same type that do not help this team.

Or do you like Ozuna because he hits HRs?
    I just looked at Ozuna's fielding stats and he is more than adequate. He had a 7 DRS in 2017 and a 5 DRS in 2018 with the Marlins at LF.

His UZR is also pretty good from those years.

I don't know why the Braves had him DH that much, sometimes it's just because you have someone who is superior as a fielder and it's the best option is to DH the guy. Kinda like what happened with Stanton and Judge in RF.

Here are Ozuna's stats as a fielder:

Code:
    Season	Team	Pos	Inn	rSZ	rCERA	rSB	rGDP	rARM	rGFP	rPM	DRS	BIZ	Plays	RZR	OOZ	FSR	FRM	ARM	DPR	RngR	ErrR	UZR	UZR/150
    2014	Marlins	LF	92.2					2	0	-1	1	25	22	.880	7	1		2.9		-0.6	0.2	2.6	46.2
    2016	Marlins	LF	95.1					0	0	1	1	12	12	1.000	5	0		-0.4		0.7	0.1	0.4	15.1
    2017	Marlins	LF	1335.0					2	1	4	7	236	215	.911	90	2		4.2		-1.0	-0.1	3.1	2.7
    2018	Cards	LF	1283.1					-2	-2	9	5	193	182	.943	82	-3		0.9		2.6	0.5	4.0	4.2
    2019	Cards	LF	1112.0					2	-1	0	1	137	123	.898	58			1.7		4.6	-0.7	5.7	8.6
    2020	Braves	LF	145.0	0				-1	1	0	0	24	21	.875	18			-1.2		0.4	-0.1	-0.9	-5.8
    Total	- - -	LF	4063.1	0				3	-1	13	15	627	575	.917	260	0		8.2		6.7	-0.1	14.9	4.8

i would love it if the yankees traded for Ketel Marte. Give them German, Monty, Andujar and Florial. Arizona is a mess and in desperate need of starting pitching and some offense. Marte looks like he could be the next breakout star and he can actually play center, ss, and 2b extremely well. This is the perfect time to do it with so many teams dumping player salaries. He's owed over 32 million over the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    i would love it if the yankees traded for Ketel Marte. Give them German, Monty, Andujar and Florial. Arizona is a mess and in desperate need of starting pitching and some offense. Marte looks like he could be the next breakout star and he can actually play center, ss, and 2b extremely well. This is the perfect time to do it with so many teams dumping player salaries. He's owed over 32 million over the next 4 years.
    Marte would be fantastic and his versatility would be incredibly valuable. He is also a switch hitter. I think he costs a lot more than the Yankees scraps though.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Marte would be fantastic and his versatility would be incredibly valuable. He is also a switch hitter. I think he costs a lot more than the Yankees scraps though.
    Look at what Arizona got back for Starling Marte. A castoff from the yankees in caleb smith, and two A ball pitchers. They're in the midst of dumping any and all salary. My proposal is extremely fair. With Ketel, there's no need for Andujar and with Cole, Kluber, Taillon, Garcia, Schmidt and Severino, the rotation is set, sort of. It's not without it's risks, but i believe it's one worth taking for a player like Marte.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    I just looked at Ozuna's fielding stats and he is more than adequate. He had a 7 DRS in 2017 and a 5 DRS in 2018 with the Marlins at LF.

His UZR is also pretty good from those years.

I don't know why the Braves had him DH that much, sometimes it's just because you have someone who is superior as a fielder and it's the best option is to DH the guy. Kinda like what happened with Stanton and Judge in RF.
    He wasn't terrible then but this is the stuff I've read

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...ell-ozuna.html
    Ozuna has provided little value as an outfielder since departing Miami. He grades as below-average in Statcast’s outs above average and outfielder jump metrics—ranking in the 13th and 29th percentile, respectively. On the positive side, he is credited with 2 DRS, thanks in large part to a strong throwing arm. That’s not a bad mark at all, but teams may be hesitant to project that performance into his thirties as he
    seeks a multi-year deal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...oesnt-hinge-dh
    Ozuna’s defensive limitations are well-documented. He’s accrued 20 errors since 2016, tied for the third-most among outfielders over that span. The Fielding Bible’s defensive runs saved metric, which attempts to quantify how many runs a given player accounts for on defense more or less than average, pegs Ozuna at -1 runs since the 2019 season began — a span of 1,274 innings spent in the outfield.

Ozuna’s defensive limitations are well-documented. He’s accrued 20 errors since 2016, tied for the third-most among outfielders over that span. The Fielding Bible’s defensive runs saved metric, which attempts to quantify how many runs a given player accounts for on defense more or less than average, pegs Ozuna at -1 runs since the 2019 season began — a span of 1,274 innings spent in the outfield.

If the Braves, or any other NL team interested in Ozuna, are serious about signing the 30-year-old slugger, they will likely have to swallow his defensive limitations for at least the 2021 season.

Many others site his speed is slowing, his arm has weakened. His UZR was a negative last year.

Again, my point was, how many power hitting right handed bats with limited fielding ability does this team need?
    If you want an OF, why not Brantley? He made sense. Ozuna does not. Puig does not.

If you see differently, ok. But I think the addition of Ozuna, a fielder in serious decline since a gold glove, is redundant and further hinders an already one dimensional lineup.

Ignorance is bliss

Not yet verified:

Lindsey Adler@lindseyadler
    · 1m
    Source: The Yankees have traded Adam Ottavino to the Red Sox.

Additionally,
    @Joelsherman1 is reporting the Yankees are attaching a prospect to the trade and Boston is paying the majority of the contract.S.

Joel Sherman
    @Joelsherman1
    Prospect going to the #RedSox from the #Yankees is Frank German
    Last edited by drt1010; 01-25-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Look at what Arizona got back for Starling Marte. A castoff from the yankees in caleb smith, and two A ball pitchers. They're in the midst of dumping any and all salary. My proposal is extremely fair. With Ketel, there's no need for Andujar and with Cole, Kluber, Taillon, Garcia, Schmidt and Severino, the rotation is set, sort of. It's not without it's risks, but i believe it's one worth taking for a player like Marte.
    Nah, Starling Marte only had one more year of control and has an AAV of 12.5M. Ketel Marte has four more years and his AAV is 4.8M. Ketel just turned 27 and is just hitting his prime while Starling is 32. Ketel is far more highly regarded and considered a rising star. These two guys aren't comparable. Arizona wouldn't take all the Yankees broken pieces. German was ok when he was playing and now he hasn't pitched in a long time due to suspension. Monty hasn't looked the same and is looked at as a back end starter anyways. Andujar is a player with no position who hasn't hit in years and the Dbacks don't have a DH spot. Florial has kinda sucked for years and has little to no value at this point. Dbacks would need two top prospects at least for Marte and then some.

^^^^

Ok, with the $s saved by trading Ottovino ($8. 2mill), Yanks can now afford to bring back Gardner or Tanaka but not both, so which would you prefer and why?